PDA

View Full Version : early spring sheep and grizzly question

srupp
01-13-2014, 02:40 PM
hmmm question..I have my first choice for the early spring sheep season...the regs say you can not submit your second choice for the same region must be different region.

1) my first pick is the Tatsenshini for Dall...so....

2) my second choice can not be the Tat...so

SPatsizi..these are stones sheep

Edziza..these are stones sheep..

Atlin 6-25 these are stones sheep

Atlin 6-26 these are stones sheep..

so if I don't get #1 choice there is no way to select another mu that has dall sheep??

Thanks

Steven

ps got the spring grizzly hunts figured out...lol:mrgreen:

RiverOtter
01-13-2014, 02:55 PM
Without looking, is a second choice even a realistic option?

Unless I'm way off, the only way to ever get a second choice is if there are left over permits after all the first choice draws are pulled. Are there ever left over sheep permits?

Rackmastr
01-13-2014, 03:01 PM
I've always seen no point in putting in a second option for a draw unless the odds are less than 1:1 and there is a chance that the draw may go undersubscribed. No real reason in putting in since all the draws for early sheep will be filled with 1st choice selections.

srupp
01-13-2014, 03:05 PM
ya my bad....wasn't really thinking that one out.......but maybe all the dall tags wont be taken lmao..

cheers and thanks for reality 101...lol

steven

bighornbob
01-13-2014, 04:23 PM
hmmm question..I have my first choice for the early spring sheep season...the regs say you can not submit your second choice for the same region must be different region.

1) my first pick is the Tatsenshini for Dall...so....

2) my second choice can not be the Tat...so

SPatsizi..these are stones sheep

Edziza..these are stones sheep..

Atlin 6-25 these are stones sheep

Atlin 6-26 these are stones sheep..

so if I don't get #1 choice there is no way to select another mu that has dall sheep??

Thanks

Steven

ps got the spring grizzly hunts figured out...lol:mrgreen:

All the regs say is that your second choice must be from the early sheep draws. So your only choices are the stone draws you mentioned. You cant not apply for an early Tat sheep draw and put your second choice down for Fraser River Cali hunt.

Not that a second choice is going to happen with the early sheep odds but if you apply for 6-29 (dalls) you can always second choice 6-28 (dalls).

BHB

srupp
01-13-2014, 04:40 PM
Thanks BHB ! Makes sense...sheesh maybe I should go back to bed and trying getting up on the other side of the bed...just doing everything the hard and wrong way today....

Once again thanks I do appreciate the correction..

sheepishly

Steven

ryanb
01-13-2014, 06:15 PM
There is always a chance any hunt could be undersubscribed. Just cause the odds were 10:1 last year doesn't mean they will be this year. It may not be a good chance but there is a chance.

srupp
01-13-2014, 06:51 PM
hmmm Im doing my part lost 11 pounds....one day cardio ..treadmill next day home gym M-2...I know its a start...less icy weather I

gutpile
01-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Wow I didn't know you can hunt for sheep in spring !
Why do they have LEH hunt for sheep in spring ?

ru rancher
01-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Wow I didn't know you can hunt for sheep in spring !
Why do they have LEH hunt for sheep in spring ?
they are not in the sprin the hunts open in august but they draw them early so that you can prepair for the hunt. and also i have saw the spatsizi one below 1:1