PDA

View Full Version : Last Go Round for Bison

Darksith
01-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Well the last 2 week stretch is upon us for the bison draws. I will be at Zone A come the 22nd, if anyone else that I haven't already talked to is gonna be up there at the same time shoot me a PM, maybe we will get a chance to say hello while there.

srupp
01-11-2014, 04:21 PM
Goodluck! Sounds like fun..the only LEH draw I havnt drawn...looks like you have the most excellent side by side with tracks for access...straight shooting..I hope its a cranker..take some "Aleve" for the sore muscles.

and LOTS of photos please..

cheers

Steven

partner
01-12-2014, 03:25 PM
For your information there is a weight restriction on vehicles allowed on the trail for the buffalo hunt. SxS with tracks might be to heavy.

Darksith
01-12-2014, 05:12 PM
For your information there is a weight restriction on vehicles allowed on the trail for the buffalo hunt. SxS with tracks might be to heavy.

I have spoken to the CO's, the mods done to the machine don't matter, its dry listed stock weight. Don't matter what mods you do to it, or how much gear you put in/on it...the law is pretty poor as far as doing anything to actually protect the environment. There has been talk of changing the law to talk about pounds per inch applied to the ground or something, but I doubt they will ever actually make that change, and the last thing I am interested in doing is getting in trouble

Buck
01-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Good luck on the hunt.Good to know about the weight restriction laws thanks

monasheemountainman
01-12-2014, 05:20 PM
go hammer a big bull! good luck man, put that browning to good use!

GoatGuy
01-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Find tracks, follow tracks, shoot bison.
Don't quit or listen to the folks who will be complaining about a lack of game.
Don't come home early
Go after ones that are a ways away - farther away just means smaller pieces...... there's lots of time to get meat out.
Shoot low so you don't end up placing your bullet in no man's land
Take rope for hanging in tree - set up so wolverine can't climb up tree and eat or worse p*ss on meat.

Beer freezes quickly when it's -40 best to take whiskey or drink fast.

Drillbit
01-12-2014, 08:33 PM
Find tracks, follow tracks, shoot bison.
Don't quit or listen to the folks who will be complaining about a lack of game.
Don't come home early
Go after ones that are a ways away - farther away just means smaller pieces...... there's lots of time to get meat out.
Shoot low so you don't end up placing your bullet in no man's land
Take rope for hanging in tree - set up so wolverine can't climb up tree and eat or worse p*ss on meat.

Beer freezes quickly when it's -40 best to take whiskey or drink fast.

Haha, that's about everything you need to know right there!!

Fincat
01-12-2014, 09:31 PM
Good luck!!! Its great fun as I had that tag last year at the same time!!! And did harvest a small bull. He was eazy to pack out and great eating!

Mik
01-13-2014, 12:56 AM
hey there Darksith, ill be up there at the cabins on the 16th ....see you there on the 22nd :)

BiG Boar
01-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Good luck Mr.Sith. Looks like a nice warm week ahead!

browningboy
01-22-2014, 09:40 PM
Good luck Mr.Sith. Looks like a nice warm week ahead!

in 5 ft of snow, bring sleds....

BiG Boar
02-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Well? What's the story on your guys 2 tags? Cut or what? Tell us about the adventure and the new snow tracked machine.