PDA

View Full Version : Sad and concerned

srupp
01-09-2014, 03:24 PM
Hmmm...can't help but notice that we have 7,000 hits regarding the Conservation Officer getting emotional...everyone is entitled to their own views...some were not kind.

At the same time I'm looking at 9 photos of sheep, black bear, grizzly that members harvested last year alone...3 are Boone & Crockett quality. The point is 100% of these gents have specifically stated they don't want the photos posted to the site...this site...because it always ends in "a shit show." Again, it's their choice...it's their beautiful amazing animals...

We have very skilled, determined, accomplished hunters...and yes, lucky getting draws...however, ever notice the luckiest folks seem to work the hardest??

There are a LOT of better subjects, successes we should be celebrating and drooling over some wicked trophies...not whether or not some guy got teary.

Sorry...just a little sad that we can't celebrate these successes...folks are just too reluctant at some reactions..."not worth it."

Part of what we do when we trophy hunt is go for the biggest, the oldest...as an accomplishment of us matching our senses, skills, experiences against those that were born with exceptional eyesight, sense of hearing or smell and then overcoming those senses and harvesting these exceptional specimens that others may not have ever seen...and then being able to show that success to others like minded.

Steven Rupp

01-09-2014, 03:35 PM
I agree. I have noticed fewer and fewer hunt reports being posted over the last couple of years. There are a few bullies on this site that discourage others from posting.

REMINGTON JIM
01-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Agree and a Nice write up there Steven - good JOB ! :-D
Cheers
RJ

leadpillproductions
01-09-2014, 03:40 PM
That is why a lot of people don't post anymore, I know of a buddy that killed a absolute pig of a sheep and wont post it on here.

BlacktailStalker
01-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Yep was just talking about this yesterday with someone.
T'was a great place 9000-10,000 members ago and 6-7 years. On a positive, more time is spent planning and less dreaming :)
Still the odd good share.
Spring grizz comin up boys !

One Shot
01-09-2014, 03:50 PM
I agree with you. It too bad that a few are discouraging others.

I too have been finding lately that there have been too many members that purposely derail threads or make a thread to stir the pot. Maybe it is time for the forum admins to issue more time outs.

adriaticum
01-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Frankly, I don't know what you guys are talking about.
What do you do in a hunting camp when you are not hunting?
You are shooting shit, aren't you?
People derail things and get off topic all the time in every day conversations. That's all part of life.
Not that I would condone or engage in insulting people but as long as everyone is reasonable hey.
I've been insulted here numerous time but who cares. That doesn't drive my life.
There is a reason why they have all of these forums. To build a community not just I shot the sheriff, congrats, congrats, good job, great.
Sense of humour is a sign of intelligence.
Am I off my rocker here?

d6dan
01-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Well said Steven. :-D
I also know a few members that won't post their hunts and pics on here anymore. Too bad that were missing out.

Lastcar
01-09-2014, 04:13 PM
As a brand new hunter I was excited to find this site. A couple of what I consider to be pretty good hunters who are stand up guys directed me this way but warned me in advance to just read and don't post. Not worth the hassle. I read damn near every thread going back 20 pages. I gleaned some great information, discovered what I suspect to be some great people. Heck I even understand Jelvis now! Well sort of...

I also learned pretty quickly who's who around here and what threads to evacuate from and move on to the next as I went through every single one. There is a large amount of posts on here that offer little and some that if I saw a guy talking like that in a bar would assume we were just minutes from tables getting flipped over.

No idea what the answer is. But wanted to throw some support behind srupp and the others that are lobbying for a different atmosphere and the types of posts that make this site shine. They are in there but I had to dig. And as mentioned are there as many as there could be?

As a complete new user to the site some may suggest my opinion has no merit.

Or some may note that instead of having another lurker who adds little to the site, the site could have new very active member who in time can add plenty and maybe even one day be able to share with others content of great value.

At this point I haven't figured out which way to go.

I am of the belief everyone has the freedom of speech and opinion, however that does not provide them of freedom of consequence. In this case the suggestion is that consequence may be a different quality of content and participation then it could be or once was.

Of course as a member and one who has spoken up, I take on my share of that responsibility to make it that better place. May take me time but I'll do my part.

PS. Do I still tell a joke or does my thinking I understand Jelvis count?

Big Lew
01-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Excellent and timely post Steve. You have drawn attention to a sad and unfortunate situation that's been plaguing this forum for some time now. I also personally know of individuals that at one time were well liked and contributing members, but no longer participate because of a few mean spirited members making ridiculing or belittling comments toward other members posted comments, stories, or pictures.
Fortunately, there still are a good many still within this forum that participate as we all should by being considerate, helpful, and generous. I personally believe that some of comments weren't meant to be hurtful, just poorly written or taken out of context, but they sting equally as bad. Hopefully some members will "do unto others as they would have them do unto you" and this forum will regain it's attraction.

rocksteady
01-09-2014, 04:20 PM
I also know a few members that won't post their hunts and pics on here anymore. Too bad that were missing out.

Thats how I plan to roll in 2014... Oh wait, already rolling.

Taken a feline and canine in the past 9 days, but don't feel like getting molested by internet bullies...

Everyone loses imho...

kevan
01-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Good posts S Rupp and Big Lew, I do agree.

And welcome to the site Lastcar, hope you enjoy ...

01-09-2014, 04:25 PM

Taken a feline and canine in the past 9 days, but don't feel like getting molested by internet bullies...

Everyone loses imho...

Unfortunatly Rock, Sometimes people jump on you for just trying to help a guy make a decision on what chambered shotgun to buy. You dont even need to post a "Dink ram" to get it.

Boner
01-09-2014, 04:26 PM
I agree with you. It too bad that a few are discouraging others.

I too have been finding lately that there have been too many members that purposely derail threads or make a thread to stir the pot. Maybe it is time for the forum admins to issue more time outs.

I agree. I'm starting to set the ignore button on a few members because of the crap they post. Case in point, some of the comments in the Dodge 6.4 Hemi thread. A man was asking for real world info and received nothing really constructive, but some of the posts were just plain uncalled for.

It makes me want to speak up to them directly, but who am I to judge?

srupp
01-09-2014, 04:30 PM
People derail things and get off topic all the time in every day conversations. That's all part of life.
Not that I would condone or engage in insulting people but as long as everyone is reasonable hey.
I've been insulted here numerous time but who cares. That doesn't drive my life.
There is a reason why they have all of these forums. To build a community not just I shot the sheriff, congrats, congrats, good job, great.
Am I off my rocker here?

No, there is a place for good natured ribbing or teasing however it seems to have got past that ..there are reasons these folks refuse to post here and that's a shame.

I come here to mostly learn...and I have ... we have exceptional EXPERTS here on almost every subject..

I come here to see and celebrate others acomplishements..weather its a newbies first buck..or someones biggest ram..

And I come here to share what I know and have learned to anyone that wants or needs it..

And when I don't know..I can ask...without the fear of the big guns hidden behind a computer blowing me out of the water...

The solutions arnt simple..but courtesy goes a long first step...there are new hunters that are trying to learn from our example..and no..its not about always shooting the biggest... sometimes helping someone else get their first or biggest...when Leasmans son Nick shot his first buck..nope not a monster however we celebrated this in song and dance and liquid refreshements..

How do we get folks to want to share their successes..they are amongst friends and fellow hunters and fisherman..good natured fun and jokes...absolutely but we must not forget our first hunt, or missed shot or harvest a small animal that we thought was monsterous.. we all started at the beginning and when far more time is spent on a tear... than on sharing, helping encouraging and congradulating or fun that is experienced by both the giver and receiver....

There are reasons that these photos and stories arnt here and truly that is everyones loss....

This IS a great site....

Steven

srupp
01-09-2014, 04:33 PM
Lastcar..WELCOME..and saying you understand Jelvis is funny enough for me lmao..

cheers

Steven

Gun Dog
01-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Or some may note that instead of having another lurker who adds little the site the site could have new very active member who in time can add plenty and maybe even one day be able to share with others content of great value.

At this point I haven't figured out which way to go.
Good first post.

I'm a long time fan of forums. I think they're way more interesting than other social sites like facebook and google+. A good forum attracts passionate people. Passionate people tend to argue and in some cases behave badly. Reading the threads you learn who you'd like as a neighbour and should live far away. It's all part of having an interesting place to hang out.

frenchbar
01-09-2014, 04:38 PM
i miss the sheep sherriff....

Goose
01-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Lastcar....really well said, great post! I totally agree, its tough to just read and not give anything back, I try to really pick a nice open thread that probably isnt going to go down quick
Cheers

Big Lew
01-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Great start "Lastcar", looking forward to your participation.

rocksteady
01-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Unfortunatly Rock, Sometimes people jump on you for just trying to help a guy make a decision on what chambered shotgun to buy. You dont even need to post a "Dink ram" to get it.

I think maybe its time for me to move on, where things I share/post are appreciated for their worth, at face value, not lighting the fuse of some internet P#@ck, who gets his kicks from crapping on other peoples success/opinions....

Clint_S
01-09-2014, 04:59 PM
I think maybe its time for me to move on, where things I share/post are appreciated for their worth, at face value, not lighting the fuse of some internet P#@ck

Hey if you find that place on the internet let me know, I'll join you. :-D

Gateholio
01-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Lots of idiots on the internet, it's not just HBC or Facebook. Lots and lots of idiots....

We've taken a hard line on people attacking other hunters legal hunting threads, not sure what else we can do without becoming an overly moderated forum. I think the good people on HBC outnumber the bad though.

That said, I personally will post about hunts, and will never be shy about it. I really dont' give a shit what the critics have to say- I'm not letting them ruin MY fun. The internet demands a degree of indifference, really. What does anyone really care about the negative comments of some guy they dont' know and will never meet?

When I see posts like these I kinda want to tell people to harden up. But I'm too polite ;)

Totally agree with you about the CO thread. Bunch of weenies pounding their chest, trying to convince us they are hard men.

moosinaround
01-09-2014, 05:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx8cCDthsuk
;) come on folks, lets get back on track here! MOosin

frenchbar
01-09-2014, 05:05 PM
sounds like i should sell off some of my thick skin:mrgreen: ..........holey shit..harden up for gawds sake ..WGAF what people think:confused:

ru rancher
01-09-2014, 05:07 PM
personaly have never saw a success full hunt get put down idk if that was a thing they used to do since im real new here some links to those posts would be great. however have read some post of rude comments from people that are uneducated from the circumstances. however still dont understand why people dont want to post there trophies up

srupp
01-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Thanks Mossin...now that was funny..lmao

Steven

goatdancer
01-09-2014, 05:10 PM
It's kinda funny that some of the biggest crap disturbers have gone over to " the other " site and have definitely curbed the rabid behaviour that they used to employ here. Poking fun is one thing. Being an a$$hole is something else.
Hey Frenchbar, I feel the same way. Used to be some "interesting" debates on sheep hunting.

f350ps
It's the www for christ sakes, harden the eff up! It always amazes me that some peoples feelings get hurt yet they keep coming back for more. There's an ignore button for a reason, I use it quite a bit and it sure has increased my viewing pleasure. :) K

ru rancher
Lots of idiots on the internet, it's not just HBC or Facebook. Lots and lots of idiots....

We've taken a hard line on people attacking other hunters legal hunting threads, not sure what else we can do without becoming an overly moderated forum. I think the good people on HBC outnumber the bad though.

That said, I personally will post about hunts, and will never be shy about it. I really dont' give a shit what the critics have to say- I'm not letting them ruin MY fun. The internet demands a degree of indifference, really. What does anyone really care about the negative comments of some guy they dont' know and will never meet?

When I see posts like these I kinda want to tell people to harden up. But I'm too polite ;)

Totally agree with you about the CO thread. Bunch of weenies pounding their chest, trying to convince us they are hard men.
i like what you say who cares about the negative comments most likly youll never know who the person is and you will never meet them there are way more positive comments then negative on all succes legal posts

nano
01-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Well said Srupp, I like this site it has been very helpful in helping me to grow into a better hunter. So when I started hunting deer I was unsuccessful for the first few years but always posted a report of my hunt. Be it the grouse I killed or the rabbits. Their are always a group of members on this site that will still tell you they enjoyed your report and will give you a tip or two to help you out for next time. Then you have the saints as they are called who will say your trip was a fail and put you down because you did not kill a deer. They have sadly stoped many from posting thus spoiling it for the rest. For me I don't care I will keep posting and could care less of what they have to say because it is only the Internet .

rocksteady
01-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Not a matter of thick skin, matter of which member is gonna be tge "king D#@k" and start the negativity? Then the pack mentality kicks in, and spineless jackasses jump in...

d6dan
01-09-2014, 05:14 PM

Everyone loses imho...

Come on Mike. Post your adventures 2014!. :-D I always look forward to your threads...

Gateholio
01-09-2014, 05:15 PM
It's kinda funny that some of the biggest crap disturbers have gone over to " the other " site and have definitely curbed the rabid behaviour that they used to employ here. Poking fun is one thing. Being an a$$hole is something else.
Hey Frenchbar, I feel the same way. Used to be some "interesting" debates on sheep hunting.

Best thing that ever happened to HBC was that site. The amount of "moderation" we needed to do dropped by 75% here.

rocksteady
01-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Come on Mike. Post your adventures 2014!. :-D I always look forward to your threads...

Send me your email, I will share... Others, not so much..

sawmill
01-09-2014, 05:16 PM
I`v been here near as long as Gate and I agree,harden the F up girls.
I don`t see much bashing going on here anyway so whats with the whine?Man you should see what goes on in other sites sometime.I`ll be happy to post a picture and story of everything I`v shot in the last 35 years if I can figure out how.Bash away,I could care less.

Blainer
01-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Hey if you find that place on the internet let me know, I'll join you. :-DWell put.
Negativity is ramped on the internet and public forums.
It's everywhere! I have not seen a public internet forum without a few jacka$$es.
We must remember it's also not hunting season, so it get's a little political in this site.
Do your part to continue posting, stay positive, support the other members and don't let the jacka$$es bother you.
Otherwise they are winning the battle.
I'd love to see your cat Rock, but respect your decision.

frenchbar
01-09-2014, 05:18 PM
I don`t see much bashing going on here anyway so whats with the whine?Man you should see what goes on in other sites sometime.I`ll be happy to post a picture and story of everything I`v shot in the last 35 years if I can figure out how.Bash away,I could care less. jesus a 5 yr old could post a pic on here :wink: it only took me 2 yrs to figure it out ..lol

Lastcar
01-09-2014, 05:19 PM
I personally could give a crap what 99% of people out there think. It's more an efficiency and enjoyment thing for me. Like dipping into the mandarin orange box 2 weeks after Xmas. After I pull the third mouldy one I can't be bothered to sift through the other ten oranges, they all get tossed.

If one has to sift through a ton of 'junk' to get to the 'gems' at some point the gems aren't worth the effort. That's more my point with it.

A little digging, no problem. A lot of digging, I'll pass.

And absolutely understand one man's junk is another mans treasure.

So if I am the minority then fair enough, this isn't the spot for me. And that's ok.

Its not the members of this forum responsibility to please anyone one person based on what that person deems pleasing.

I think the larger point is there may be value in making the gems easier to find.

I believe 100% it is no one's job in life to please me here or anywhere. Or if it is, they are doing a terrible job and I am picking up all their slack. Which is the way it should be. :-)

Regarding the moderation comment, 100% get that too. Have seen it on a fishing forum I participate in...well actually lurk now a days. They had to ramp up the # of mods and then moderate the mods and on and on it went. It becomes a game of diminishing returns for the forum owner and mods.

Again no great answers or insight from me...just spitballing now. I need to get out and do something I can actually post about...anyone want me to post hourly updates from my PAL course this weekend? ;-)

I'll step my game up come spring and summer as we spend more time at our spot outside of Logan Lake. Then into the fall of course.

eric
01-09-2014, 05:19 PM
YA, Willy442 where are ya, sure miss that guy. :-D

dana
01-09-2014, 05:21 PM
IMHO, this site is wayyyy better than it used to be when it came to clowns raining on someone's success. I have been on numerous hunting forums over the years and I think the trend of not posting stories and pictures is common on most every one. I see things are changing and the hunting sites are moving away from the forum idea. Social media like Facebook seems to where a lot of these hunting sites are heading. Almost like an online interactive hunting magazine feel to them.

elkhunterette
01-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Great post Srupp, I agree completely, most of the time I an unwilling to post pictures or stories. I do think we have a few "bullies" on this site.

frenchbar
01-09-2014, 05:28 PM
^^Who are these bullies you speak of ...:confused:

elkhunterette
01-09-2014, 05:31 PM

Sorry, I'm not going to name names....I like this site and I don't want to get bullied off!!!

01-09-2014, 05:32 PM
I don`t see much bashing going on here anyway so whats with the whine?Man you should see what goes on in other sites sometime.I`ll be happy to post a picture and story of everything I`v shot in the last 35 years if I can figure out how.Bash away,I could care less.

I have posted most of my successful hunts on here. I just think more people would post their reports if there was less drama, and the primary reason I visit this sight is to share in the hunting experiences of others.

moosinaround
01-09-2014, 05:34 PM
I like to share, and I think I am fairly generous when it comes to information to new hunters, both where to go, and how to do it. What does Pi$$ me off is the "new" hunters coming on here looking for specific locals to hunt, prefacing it with "But I don't want your honey holes" comment!! How general of a local do you want? What have you contributed to the HBC community? How do you ask? I am not very "friendly" to the new folks who have 2 posts and are asking for a hand out?!! Am I crazy in thinking this? I will help folks out, and I will continue to help folks out but geezuz help your selves too!! New young folks know how to "express" themselves on the internet, but old ****ers like me, sometimes forget the emoticons, and come off sounding like dicks!! Sorry, but don't PM me ragging that you don't appreciate my comments, when they were said in jest!! As others have stated, you have to have a thick skin, and a sense of humour!! Now anyone that wants to argue with me can meet me by the big husky flag and I'll punch you in the face!!!!.......................................... .........................................;) Moosin

srupp
01-09-2014, 05:39 PM
hmmm words typed are not words spoken....

and Ill meet you just down the road from the flag at my new office for coffee ...Ill buy...

cheers

Steven

Brez
01-09-2014, 05:43 PM
Am I off my rocker here?

Yep, to your last question. You may be OK with being insulted, debased, and generally $hit upon, but most others aren't and there is no obligation on their part to encourage new hunters by sharing their experiences.

The Hermit
01-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Just for information sake, as a former sponsor I can tell you that the majority of HBC purchases came from people that don't post much if at all. Many of them told me that they don't post because of all the bullshit and assholes rippin on each other. Personally, I kind of like the repartee but like mom always said "someone always takes it to far and someone gets hurt!" LOL

Big Lew
01-09-2014, 05:49 PM
My biggest regret is not taking very many pictures over the years, and most of those I did take were 'slides' or 8mm movies. If I had them I would love to share them...I've enjoyed over 50 years of outdoors activity that I share with other forum members, but having pictures gives true meaning to the adventures. I've tried to remember to take pictures lately but it's a hard habit to learn.

tigrr
01-09-2014, 05:52 PM
Yes there are internet experts everywhere. And yes I know how the ignore feature works.
The difference is in how it is moderated. Some time out if the troll gets out of hand and totally banned if they can't play nice.
I hope to always treat people like I want to be treated.

Latest flue symptoms cough up lung and then go find it. Last flue bug caught was 2006. 4 days and counting.

moosinaround
01-09-2014, 05:54 PM
hmmm words typed are not words spoken....

and Ill meet you just down the road from the flag at my new office for coffee ...Ill buy...

cheers

Steven
see Steven, you get the humour!!!

Brez
01-09-2014, 05:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx8cCDthsuk
;) come on folks, lets get back on track here! MOosin

Thanks Moosin" that was great. 'specially after a "hard" day at the office.

Jim Prawn
01-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Wow, had to look at my profile and I see I have been on here for 4 years now! I post as much as I can from my hunting and fishing experiences, successful and even unsuccessful sometimes. Although some posts do have a certain negative tone to them, I have only been offended on a couple occasions by responses to my threads. There was a close call on my recent fishing thead but the poster shortly replied with an explanation and appology; he was in the cups a bit and at the time thought he was being sarcastically funny. No harm done. We all make mistakes, and to realize and admit that makes all the difference. I will continue to share my adventures and wish everyone would do the same. For me the whole point is being able to live vicariously through others successes during those times when I am not out there myself. And the site is only as good as the members make it.
JP

albravo2
01-09-2014, 06:06 PM
I understand your concern Steven. I was a bit surprised when I first joined and immediately fell into some thread of two guys that had never met, arguing vehemently about who was the better shot.

But now I just read through the bitchiness. I've had more help on here than hassle by a long, long shot. The reloading guys are particularly helpful.

I won't post something I wouldn't say in person. Similarly, I don't pretend to be something on the internet that I'm not in real life. Seems a reasonable standard.

Ferenc
01-09-2014, 06:10 PM
To feel the wrath of Devilbear and Elkdom.....miss those guys!!!!! they were /are good!!!!!

srupp
01-09-2014, 06:11 PM
lol I was going to post a photo of my exceptional Spenses Bridge ram ..then it dawned on me ..I havnt got one yet..lol

Its still a damn fine site...

cheers

Steven

adriaticum
01-09-2014, 06:12 PM
I understand your concern Steven. I was a bit surprised when I first joined and immediately fell into some thread of two guys that had never met, arguing vehemently about who was the better shot.

But now I just read through the bitchiness. I've had more help on here than hassle by a long, long shot. The reloading guys are particularly helpful.

I won't post something I wouldn't say in person. Similarly, I don't pretend to be something on the internet that I'm not in real life. Seems a reasonable standard.

Well said albravo!

Stone Sheep Steve
01-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Most comments were good.....especially from the well respected members.

I had an emotional moment the other day due to a series of events...but there were no cameras in my face at the time....thankfully.
Co's have a tough job and are completely underfunded.

SSS

markomoose
01-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Here hear steven rupp good job!! Also lastcar welcome & big lew awesome contributions.i-m also fairly new here & have quickly learned who to engage with.i-ve met some really good people on this site & hopefully many more in years to come.my wife tells me now & again to do one good thing every day for a friend or complete stranger.i used to tell her she is nuts.nobody cares?i now look at things a little bit different. Cheers mark

Gateholio
01-09-2014, 06:29 PM
I like to share, and I think I am fairly generous when it comes to information to new hunters, both where to go, and how to do it. What does Pi$$ me off is the "new" hunters coming on here looking for specific locals to hunt, prefacing it with "But I don't want your honey holes" comment!! How general of a local do you want? What have you contributed to the HBC community? How do you ask? I am not very "friendly" to the new folks who have 2 posts and are asking for a hand out?!! Am I crazy in thinking this? I will help folks out, and I will continue to help folks out but geezuz help your selves too!! New young folks know how to "express" themselves on the internet, but old ****ers like me, sometimes forget the emoticons, and come off sounding like dicks!! Sorry, but don't PM me ragging that you don't appreciate my comments, when they were said in jest!! As others have stated, you have to have a thick skin, and a sense of humour!! Now anyone that wants to argue with me can meet me by the big husky flag and I'll punch you in the face!!!!.......................................... .........................................;) Moosin

I'm the opposite. They come to HBC for help, and that's why it's here.

Sure, if there is someone that has been around for awhile and I "know" I might go out of my way to help them more, but I don't begrudge new guys from asking questions one bit. We were all new guys once.

Sitkaspruce
01-09-2014, 06:40 PM
IMHO, this site is wayyyy better than it used to be when it came to clowns raining on someone's success. I have been on numerous hunting forums over the years and I think the trend of not posting stories and pictures is common on most every one. I see things are changing and the hunting sites are moving away from the forum idea. Social media like Facebook seems to where a lot of these hunting sites are heading. Almost like an online interactive hunting magazine feel to them.

I agree, for me, it seems this year there was some more posts of success that in past years. It seems the bullies have either been sh*t canned, moved on or realized that they were bagging their heads against a wall that did not give a crap.

It's sad when long time posters like Rock and others have stopped due to past experiences. That, hopefully, will change and we will see more great posts from the old and new guys.

I wonder what this site would be like if we got rid of the open chat and politics and it was just a "Hunting" site, with nothing but hunting stories and pictures??? And stuff for sale. Maybe the "Bullies" can start their own BS forum.....and not the BSBC one that is already started.

We need to be appriciative of what other post when it comes to hunting and fishing stories and photo's, that way others will start and we can again see what this great province has to offer.

Cheers

SS

PS - I guess I might have to get a facebook membership.........:mrgreen:

darrin6109
01-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Hate to say it, but some of the mods don't help the site as far as I am concerned, too many God complexes, just saying. I used to frequent the site daily but got tired of the BS.

Andrewh
01-09-2014, 06:42 PM
I can see where you guys are coming from but I think the ONLY way this is going to change is to model the behaviour you want to see. Ya I know it sounds cheesy but nothing will change unless we start the change. I like to post my hunting stories and even got a little flack for taking too long to finish my sheep story over the holidays but I took it as light humour and not as any sort of insult.

Reading the stories are a lot of fun for me and I want to see more of them; I am not the only one I am sure. I am trying to model the behaviour for others and hopefully others will be inspired to post up as well. I have not seen any really sideways posts for a while (regarding hunting trips/harvests) so I might be jumping to conclusions in saying that people are hiding behind this and are just using the 'bullying' as an excuse not to post up. Who knows, I might be WAY off but one thing is for sure, I really enjoy reading hunting stories and would like to see more of them.

Andrew

Salty
01-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Great thread srupp if nothing else its good to air the laundry on this.

I'll agree with you 100% on the CO thread. That is an absolute embarrassment and not to the CO. I posted on that carefully not bad mouthing any CO in BC and went on about bigger picture stuff with cuts to the CO service and how things have changed in my opinion. I now really wish I'd saved that for another thread. Its like freakin crows picking the eyes out of a wounded animal the way a bunch have piled on thread. Again, embarrassing I actually care a bit about this place.

I'm happy to say though that I disagree with the lack of hunting reports. I thought this year was a hell of a lot better than some in recent memory. Lots of threads of success, lots by fairly new folks here which is great. And little attacking the of the thread starter with guys jumping on some dick right away that tried to start an attack. I think dana said it back there, 5 6 years ago it was getting brutal! If you didn't post a huge animal, a wall hanger some idiot would bad mouth the deal, some would join in... gong show. Having said that, damage has been done and a lot of folks just won't post now. I really hope this recent trend I thought I'm seeing is there and that it grows and that people change their mind on the no post thing. Worse that's going to happen is someone will be a dick if its real bad they'll get banned otherwise they'll probably be called on it by some of us loudmouths... just ignore them. Or say as little back as possible in a well thought out understated zinger. lmao

As for myself I haven't posted success stories lately they've been does and spikers mixed in with a lot of holding out lately. I will post when I get something interesting.

Big Lew
01-09-2014, 06:50 PM
During the last 3 years I've offered general advice and places where I've had success, both on the forum and in pms. I have received many nice 'thank you's' by pm in return. It's a great feeling to receive those words of appreciation.
Equally, I've asked for advice and opinions and have received very friendly and helpful answers and comments.
That's what it's all about in my opinion, and why I joined. There are some very knowledgeable and experienced people on this forum, probably more than can be found anywhere else bar none.

Gateholio
01-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Just to be sure my post isn't misconstrued, I think SRUPP is bang on that it would be nicer if there was less bashing on here (and really the internet in general) The internet is still pretty new, be interesting to see how internet communication and debate evolves (or devolves) in the next 10 years.

canadianyoda
01-09-2014, 06:57 PM
I was once told that there is 2% of the population that you cannot make happy. Don't let them get under your skin. I enjoy this site and there is alot of great input. I post sparingly. I asked one question once, the person read it wrong, then kinda stomped on it but that is the problem with writing. you cannot read inflection or tone. I am a longtime hunter and success in our home means we are eating wildgame for another year. Our last moose was my wife with her 6.5X55. It went 20 yds. Good shot, clean kill, no argument. Just an example, and maybe off track. Sometimes on this site the darndest things are argued over. Like calibers as an example. As hunters, we all have opinions, there is not always a right answer but was the outcome right. :-D

pnbrock
01-09-2014, 06:58 PM
too afraid to comment so as i won't be called a gut pile chaser by the self proclaimed deer hunters ..

Caribou_lou
01-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Lots of Hunters out there... Not all of them are on HBC. Actually probably very few when you think of how many Hunters are in the province. Maybe HBC members should try to recruit more people onto the site. More members = more stories and pictures.

How many HBC members are there?

bearvalley
01-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Good post Steven, we'll put. And that's coming from one of the sarcastic posters on the emotional CO thread. There are times when a person shouldn't let personal dealing with another be voiced through a website. I'll be the first to admit that seeing that CO tearing up on camera was a surprise to me. Labelling the man a WUSS as the OP did, could not be farther from truth. I can say that because I know the man. I don't think many of the others critics can say that. Ken Owens and I may have had personal differences but whether it was brought on by an over zealous work attitude or a mandate passed down through the ranks I'll never know. But what I do know is I wouldn't want to be roasted like he was on the other thread.
You are right Steven this forum is supposed to be about hunting. It is strange how the predator threads soon turn into a Rancher bash. The sheep threads go to Outfitter slamming. And we all dump on the Loggers. There are guys on here that are ranchers,outfitters and loggers. With the time they spend in the outdoors some of them are pretty good HUNTERS as well. What I'm getting at is that if we, the members of this site put our effort into wildlife and habitat management along with thinning down some predators we would all have better hunting. I'm not trying to sound like Goat Guy but if we could pull our act together we can take turns posting trophy pics and stories on here. Let the antis and the critics go ahead and carry on with their cheap shots. Us bullies will pile on them and some of us have pretty thick hides.
By the way as others said... I miss Willies posts. He may not have been political but at least he called a spade a spade.

Salty
01-09-2014, 07:05 PM
Hate to say it, but some of the mods don't help the site as far as I am concerned, too many God complexes, just saying. I used to frequent the site daily but got tired of the BS.

I don't agree with that. I imagine trying to crack the whip on this place and.... I don't envy the job. I think they're pretty even and consistent myself. But, we all see things a little differently.

Gateholio
01-09-2014, 07:09 PM
I don't agree with that. I imagine trying to crack the whip on this place and.... I don't envy the job. I think they're pretty even and consistent myself. But, we all see things a little differently.

Hardly any whip cracking gets done these days, as it isn't necessary. Most of the guys that would go out of their way to cause work for the admins and mods are over on thier own site, talking to each other.

I think I've given out 3 infractions in a month, and deleted maybe half a dozen posts in the same time period.

limit time
01-09-2014, 07:11 PM
Christy Clark would like to know also

Salty
01-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Hardly any whip cracking gets done these days, as it isn't necessary. Most of the guys that would go out of their way to cause work for the admins and mods are over on thier own site, talking to each other.

I think I've given out 3 infractions in a month, and deleted maybe half a dozen posts in the same time period.

Slacker....:-D No, it shows we forget quickly, a couple yrs ago... hooo boy...

lovemywinchester
01-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Srupp, since I joined here in 2010 I have heard the same thing about past members not posting anymore because of the negative comments. It seems to be a constant theme on here. It sucks that guys are put off from posting but I guess you just have to enjoy the threads and stories that are posted and not worry about the ones that never show up here. New hunters will be at a loss for sure by not seeing the success the pros have but the rest of us will have to pick up the slack.
This fall was great for big deer and hunt trip threads on HBC. Lets hope it continues. I try to post all my hunts and have had no real negative crap posted except for my Maple Leaf thread but that was expected, lol. Anyone that looks at comment sections of web sites like youtube, news sites or any forum will quickly realize that most people are idiots and the negativity can be overwhelming. Just have to ignore it.

Proguide, Dana, Mark, Rocksteady and so many other guys were a big part of my hunting education as I had few mentors and I hope that my hunt posts will motivate others in the same way.

Everyone loses imho...

Rocksteady, just so you know, your coyote pics from the river bank a few years ago really motivated me to get out and kill some doggies. You should keep posting so newby hunters can get the same inspiration. Seeing and reading your stories got me out there and definitley contributed to my success. Thanks,

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/IMGP7600.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/zippogold/media/IMGP7600.jpg.html)

I agree with maybe canning the open chat and getting more hardcore for hunting. We all get bombarded with the news. Reposting headlines all day is doing nothing for HBC.

sobirch
01-09-2014, 07:43 PM
First off this is a great site.

I come on every day and look forward to every story of the kind of hunts I have never done and may never do. I have never water fowled hunted but I try to read most of the post the guys put up. Never Sheep hunted or had a chance at Elk but when you guys post your stories I'm right there with you so thanks for that. I feel that no matter what you hunting when people share their success stories (or near misses or downright failures) there are lessons to be learned. That is why I felt as a member of this site I had to share some of my success stories. I felt if people really read it they would learn from what I did right and what I did wrong, but it wasn't easy as I knew there was a chance it could turn into a shit show from some members but I felt I owed to other members who shared. My 2013 moose story I missed my chance with my crossbow at ten yards and thought I would really get flamed but I did what I thought was right at the time and felt it was worth sharing here. To my surprise nobody flamed me for being that close to a moose and not getting it, thank you.

I guess what I'm trying to say if you have a good story take the rest of us along and don't worry about the BS.

On that note this weekend I will have to post a story about my first crossbow whitetail which I took in December out of a blind over bait. Small deer but still a trophy to me.

lovemywinchester
01-09-2014, 07:52 PM
First off this is a great site.

I come on every day and look forward to every story of the kind of hunts I have never done and may never do. I have never water fowled hunted but I try to read most of the post the guys put up. Never Sheep hunted or had a chance at Elk but when you guys post your stories I'm right there with you so thanks for that. I feel that no matter what you hunting when people share their success stories (or near misses or downright failures) there are lessons to be learned. That is why I felt as a member of this site I had to share some of my success stories. I felt if people really read it they would learn from what I did right and what I did wrong, but it wasn't easy as I knew there was a chance it could turn into a shit show from some members but I felt I owed to other members who shared. My 2013 moose story I missed my chance with my crossbow at ten yards and thought I would really get flamed but I did what I thought was right at the time and felt it was worth sharing here. To my surprise nobody flamed me for being that close to a moose and not getting it, thank you.

I guess what I'm trying to say if you have a good story take the rest of us along and don't worry about the BS.

On that note this weekend I will have to post a story about my first crossbow whitetail which I took in December out of a blind over bait. Small deer but still a trophy to me.

I missed that thread. 10 yards. WTF!:mrgreen:

Everett
01-09-2014, 07:53 PM
I have been on this site since 2005 and usually post at least one hunting story a year and have never really noticed any negativity being sent my way but maybe I have a thick skin. I have noticed that the people who were disruptive and trying to destroy the site seem to have moved on in the last year and good riddance as far as I am concerned.
Anyway I personally will be continuing to post when I have good hunt that is worth sharing and I hope others will do the same. As for helping people out with beta on there hunting areas I actually enjoy helping others and have been helped in turn. If you can't get hunting yourself the next best thing is to help someone else have a successful hunt. Anyway that my two cents.

gcreek
01-09-2014, 07:56 PM
I will stand behind every post I have made. I believe most of my posts regarding the COS have been made about their policies and what I feel are unproffessional actions by some of their Members. It is also my opinion that those of us "on the land" see and interact with various branches of government far more than the average weekend hunter that lives in the bigger centers. I can understand the disbelief that many display when I have posted some things that actually have happened.

In my attempt to "educate" the general public and hopefully garner support for a predator reduction program I have been called liar, poacher, land hog, dishonest and many other names. This hasn't bothered me a bit, I feel that I have won some ground if only by making some of you look for tracks that aren't cloven.

I do appreciate looking at photos of successful hunts, rarely post on them as I feel after 3 pages of compliments another is not really needed. Have a few hunts to go on myself someday when there is time.

Met an out of town poster on my way home from the lower ranch today. Had a good chat with him and his crew and pulled him out of the ditch after they went a little too far in clearing the way for the load of hay I was hauling. They were here hunting cougar and lynx. Gave them a few ideas and locations and we parted with handshakes all around.

What others think of me is none of my business!

Jim Prawn
01-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Don't know what happened to the Dude. Used to enjoy his posts. Always took his BS in good humour. But I gather he's been banned twice so I must have missed something... Maybe I'm just biased cause I had a good piss up with him in the Ashnola years ago!
JP

frenchbar
01-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Don't know what happened to the Dude. Used to enjoy his posts. Always took his BS in good humour. But I gather he's been banned twice so I must have missed something... Maybe I'm just biased cause I had a good piss up with him in the Ashnola years ago!
JP Hes still around ...lurking ..:)

Salty
01-09-2014, 08:16 PM
the Dude, the member of many handles. lol

frenchbar
01-09-2014, 08:29 PM
the Dude, the member of many handles. lol

i wonder if he'll ever come out of the closet ..lol

cassiarkid
01-09-2014, 08:30 PM
I don't think the issue is with people not having thick skin or not being able to handle constructive criticism. I think people are just getting tired of it happening over and over to every post. It's like it's someones mission to find a negative in every post?? Don't know if it is jealously or just people wanting to get a rise out of others just for the sake of it?

Cheers

goatdancer
01-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Winter has set in, along with male menopause................

Salty
01-09-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm sure your doctor can help you with that ^ :)

popsy
01-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Thanks Steven. Been on the site for a few years and have really enjoyed the pics, successes and didn't quite do it stories!!! There are those that will never be pleased with anything and I am sure a lot like myself that just enjoy reading the stories, seeing the great pics from Dana , coach , hunter47 and a lot more as well. The one line that bugs me is "pics or it didn't happen". Got my biggest moose this year and no camera or phone till it was hanging-my phone didn't do it justice -so no picture. To the mods, keep up the good work

coach
01-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Good thread, Steven.. Time to re-set things.. Group hug everybody.. Time to move on now..

I think I'll start a My 2014 thread.. :-D

elkhunterette
01-09-2014, 08:56 PM
I think that a lot of the problem is the anonymity of the internet, you can say anything and be whoever you want to be and whose to say you're not, no one can win an argument on line, there's always someone who will disagree with you!

darrin6109
01-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Ah, I think you are missing the point of this thread.

Whonnock Boy
01-09-2014, 09:19 PM
I have learned to read through the bs on the site, and skip to the good parts. It's fairly easy to do especially with the ignore function. With that said, if those that think there is too much drama for them to even consider posting their stories, why do they continue to visit? I think it's a pretty lame excuse, and more probably do not post for fear of revealing their "honey holes".

frenchbar
01-09-2014, 09:22 PM
I have learned to read through the bs on the site, and skip to the good parts. It's fairly easy to do especially with the ignore function. With that said, if those that think there is too much drama for them to even consider posting their stories, why do they continue to visit? I think it's a pretty lame excuse, and more probably do not post for fear of revealing their "honey holes". your probably right about the honey hole theory . i get a kick out of the people as well that complain about the site yet are always visiting and reading the posts .

Salty
01-09-2014, 09:29 PM
I think that a lot of the problem is the anonymity of the internet, you can say anything and be whoever you want to be and whose to say you're not, no one can win an argument on line, there's always someone who will disagree with you!

Yup. A lot of the nasty types wouldn't say most of their rubbish face to face.

bugler
01-09-2014, 09:35 PM
How about this.....there is simply a lot less good animals being shot in the last few years. There always has been and always will be the ones who don't want to post pics or enter the local trophy competition for various reasons. I think the ratio of those willing to share vs those who aren't probably hasn't changed that much. There is just much less to talk about.

kyleklassen
01-09-2014, 09:52 PM
I also know a few members that won't post their hunts and pics on here anymore. Too bad that were missing out.don't the rules say that as long as the regs say it's legal you can't call someone out about their hunt???? if the mods are doing their job why wouldn't anyone post up their hunt?? any ill comments get the boot.

kevan
01-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Most of the guys that would go out of their way to cause work for the admins and mods are over on thier own site, talking to each other.

This is true, however the people that goaded them, picked on them and antagonized them constantly are still here and always will be... right ?
Those on the other site are aware of the rules and follow them religiously.
Regardless of which forum we attend we are only human and some have different ways of dealing with criticism and harsh opinions, and some cannot without raising a fuss.

browningboy
01-09-2014, 10:05 PM
I know a few that don't post here anymore, they are accomplished outdoorsmen, one in fact has his own guiding territory, site has changed in the last 5 years big time and has its ups and downs, but what doesn't ?
I personally miss some of the old posters here, had a lot of experience disappear of late.

frenchbar
01-09-2014, 10:07 PM
i miss jeff and waterskeeter...........

Salty
01-09-2014, 10:10 PM

Ya, those were your homeys man. Must be tough without them. :(

ghunter4x4
01-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Well said Lastcar. I too am new to this site and read most posts to gather info and ideas. I used to post my opinions on another fly fishing forum but stopped because of the negative comments of a few. Now worth the hassle. We all hunt for our own reasons, however we do all share a common bond for the outdoors. Hopefully I can post a story of next years successful hunt on this site. If only to stir the pot.
G

The Dawg
01-09-2014, 10:16 PM
JP

I have the Dude on FB right now, and he says 'Bring the bud!"

Gateholio
01-09-2014, 10:17 PM
This is true, however the people that goaded them, picked on them and antagonized them constantly are still here and always will be... right ?
Regardless of which forum we attend we are only human and some have different ways of dealing with criticism and harsh opinions, and some cannot without raising a fuss.

Obviously the correct decisions were made and the correct people removed. It's evident by how little policing HBC needs since certain people were removed.

Gateholio
01-09-2014, 10:19 PM

Water skeeter posts here with a new name. He's been keeping out of trouble. Some can manage that, some can't.

Salty
01-09-2014, 10:23 PM
Well said Lastcar. I too am new to this site and read most posts to gather info and ideas. I used to post my opinions on another fly fishing forum but stopped because of the negative comments of a few. Now worth the hassle. We all hunt for our own reasons, however we do all share a common bond for the outdoors. Hopefully I can post a story of next years successful hunt on this site. If only to stir the pot.
G

Welcome ghunter great to see a few new guys chiming in on this. Looking forward to hearing more from you best of luck in 2014!

Ambush
01-09-2014, 10:35 PM
I only frequent two sites. HBC and a large archery site.

This one is more active as far as posts go and quite a bit less "polite" as to differences of opinion. I've "met" some good people from both and communicate with some regularly. Just like in your everyday life, there are people you like talking to some you want to avoid. Life's to short to hang around dicks.

Doesn't take long to sift them out on-line.

Some only want to get.

Some only post to elevate themselves.

Some like to belittle others online because they lack self esteem in real life.

Some just like drama and make up shit just to be in it.

Most are hunters that just want to talk hunting and hunting related activities.

Sometimes you got to move a lot of dirt to get a little gold.

frenchbar
01-10-2014, 03:16 AM
Water skeeter posts here with a new name. He's been keeping out of trouble. Some can manage that, some can't. a complete 360 from Mason ..good for him!.i think he s a pretty good guy..lets his emotions get the best of him at times .

5 spike
01-10-2014, 03:37 AM
Well put Steven.

RiverOtter
01-10-2014, 06:19 AM
If that other site ever gets to be the size of HBC, it too will experience some bumps in the road. Heavy handed moderation might work on a small board, but I've yet to see it work on a big board.

chilcotin hillbilly
01-10-2014, 07:20 AM
Your right STeve, good post.
I am as guilty as the next guy but when some jerk off says I am lying about the amount of game my dogs see to make them sound better you know you are dealing with a clown.
Not are like that but those who are chap my ass. I am not one for cheap talk put up or shut up. I still check this site daily looking for good stories or any pictures that may pop up.
I just don't post stories much on here anymore.

Rackem
01-10-2014, 07:24 AM
I don't think the issue is with people not having thick skin or not being able to handle constructive criticism. I think people are just getting tired of it happening over and over to every post. It's like it's someones mission to find a negative in every post?? Don't know if it is jealously or just people wanting to get a rise out of others just for the sake of it?
Cheers

I don't mind friendly debate, differing opinions, friendly banter, witty repartee, playful teasing, all the fun stuff.

But when people with NO sense of humour get all bitchy and super serious about their posts, narrow minded and hard set in a position, grouchy and insulting, picking on a member for no good reason, harsh and cruel...it no longer is fun, and I lose interest.

Why do we HAVE to have a thick skin? Why can't people just regulate themselves, say, as they do at work, or in other social situations? I do NOT hide behind an avatar, I am a real person, and I conduct myself as I would in real life and as if I WILL meet the members IRL, as I have done several times already. Anyone who is behaving badly behind the shield of anonymity provided by the internet has no balls. Such people--assholes online, are quite castrated if you meet them IRL. Often they turn out to be surprisingly nice, lol. Perhaps they are using the internet as anger therapy, venting it out because they can't stand up for themselves IRL.

I am new to this site (relatively) but I am not new to internet forums, and I belong to several. Some are plain jane boring---not much action because there is only ONE topic allowed, say Iceshanty...only fishing topics allowed, so I only spend a few minutes each week reading the icefishing reports and that's it. There are very few posts, compared to what happens here.

Some are friendly and happy, the culture of the site is determined by its members, as certain things are just not tolerated at all, such as rampant sexism, racism, or general crankiness. The mods don't have to lift a finger, because the members immediately respond to the errant one and educate them on the purpose of the site. People who don't like it leave, so the happy and friendly crowd remains and attracts more happy friendly people.

I have been on sites too that are much much more negative than here--no longer an active member there. I have posted "unsuccessful" hunts here, and didn't get flack for that. all nice comments. However I have had experiences here with being called names, insulted, criticized for the number of posts I make (WTF?) as if that had any relevance to the topic at hand...and some days it's water off a ducks back and on other days I feel like going somewhere else until I cool down a bit.

Here is a guarantee: If the topics of Ranchers, Loggers, Outfitters, LEOs, Liberals, Women, Emotion, Natives, Immigrants, Social Programs, there will be negative comments, to a greater or lesser degree.

I am sick of harshness in the world, and try to choose activities and conduct myself in ways that make me feel happy and are fun. Life is too damn short to spend doing things that piss you off. Rape jokes, Violence jokes, Racist jokes don't make me feel good and are not things I want to see in the world. I don't want my sons to be harsh like that. I want them to be gentlemen, truly masculine in being respectful and protective of those weaker than them, able to cherish people in their lives. I want my sons to be able to feel true emotion, own it, and deal with it, not bottle it up and become angry white men.

I do not want to see Open Chat removed. Seriously, if you don't want to talk about anything non hunting related, don't go into Open Chat. It seems a no brainer. I don't go into the parts of the forum I have no interest in. I don't go into them and then bitch about the content FFS!

As for newbies, I am always ready to help out. I have shown a few from here good hunting areas, and they have been successful. The attitude that somehow things are lacking, or not enough, is complete BS. We need to have young hunters coming up, and we need to set the example for them.

If they are young, dumb, and knuckle dragging themselves around, we can kindly educate them. Attacking them right off the bat is just non productive.

I think a lot of the crap that goes on here is due to the demographic bias. Primarily male, conservative, right wingers. Intolerant of anyone with a wider world view or experience. NIMBYism. Intolerance. Old school values. Xenophobia. Religion.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1504098_543107659118550_441208031_n.jpg

r106
01-10-2014, 07:49 AM
I didn't see much hate on the hunting threads this year. It was way worse 2-3 years ago. There will always be ignorant, narrow minded and rude people around. When the time comes you can't take it anymore, use the " ignore " feature.

Darksith
01-10-2014, 07:56 AM
A few points to make though.

Firstly, are the animals getting posted on any other sites? Probably not for the same reason so its not just HBC.

Secondly yes I totally agree with steven, but at the same time the only person to blame if one wants to point blame are the mods and the owner of the site. They set the tone, they decide what is ok and what warrants discipline and they are the only ones that have the power to do anything about a post once the "post reply" button is pushed. Gatehouse has mentioned there is much less policing needed these days, maybe some just can't forget 2 years ago...

Finally, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, I don't understand why people worry about it. I get it that some don't want to feed the fire or are willing to let a few bad apples spoil them sharing their success with many, but thats their choice. Personally I don't care, and I will continue to post all of my hunts, successful or not. I enjoy sharing my adventures and sharing in others, if someone else doesn't have that same motto and can't shrug off a few asshats, well then I guess thats that. We can't do anything about someones choice to share or not, sad as it may be its true, and I doubt that is gonna change.

Don't think Im defending anyone, and hell I have probably pissed some peeps off myself (regarding hounds and treeing animals)...totally aware of that, but your computer screen is a pretty good filter from other people on the web, and if you can't shrug off someone being a moron then thats unfortunate cause life is full of them.

Blainer
01-10-2014, 08:02 AM
Sad and concerned (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?103271-Sad-and-concerned/page12) that this is currently the #1 thread on a GREAT hunting website.
I miss hunting season.
Someone bring home a cat!
BigBore please help us, pound that ground hard today!
Chilcotin? BlacktailStalker? and others?

Rackem
01-10-2014, 08:27 AM
Firstly, are the animals getting posted on any other sites? Probably not for the same reason so its not just HBC.

Secondly yes I totally agree with steven, but at the same time the only person to blame if one wants to point blame are the mods and the owner of the site. They set the tone, they decide what is ok and what warrants discipline and they are the only ones that have the power to do anything about a post once the "post reply" button is pushed.

Finally, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, I don't understand why people worry about it.

Yes animals are being posted on other sites.

Owners and mods are NOT the only ones who influence the tone of a site. MEMBERS do, by their reactions. If the group is primarily fun, happy and friendly, they don't tolerate people who wreck that groove. They respond and educate the errant person. Just like in a social group.

If a site is not fun or enjoyable, fun and enjoyable people leave it. So you are left with a bunch of grumps/flamers. It's not so much worrying about it as not having any fun when you get attacked, insulted, or called names. Life is too short to hang around that kind of negativity, and some are more bothered by it than others, or some are bothered more at some points in life than others.

Darksith
01-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Yes animals are being posted on other sites.

Owners and mods are NOT the only ones who influence the tone of a site. MEMBERS do, by their reactions. If the group is primarily fun, happy and friendly, they don't tolerate people who wreck that groove. They respond and educate the errant person. Just like in a social group.

If a site is not fun or enjoyable, fun and enjoyable people leave it. So you are left with a bunch of grumps/flamers. It's not so much worrying about it as not having any fun when you get attacked, insulted, or called names. Life is too short to hang around that kind of negativity, and some are more bothered by it than others, or some are bothered more at some points in life than others.

of course members do, but who dictates who stays or goes. If mods set a hard line and peeps get "time outs" for what seems like insignificant things or questionable comments at least, you don't think that will change the tone? Its all great to say that we need to police ourselves, and I don't argue that that doesn't happen, hell I give people a hard time when they are negative, always and everytime, but in the end its up to the mods. And its not really a group, this community isn't a group, a group is a select few, a community is 20k people, thats what this is. There are small groups within HBC, like the posters of some threads in open chat, but for the most part, this isn't a group. I totally get what you are saying, but a group chooses who they let into their circle, this is far from that.

I had a look at the other site, I didn't see anything not on here, and if it goes on the web, well then its easy to click save as an share anywhere, once you put it out there, its out there.

field marshal
01-10-2014, 08:38 AM
There seems to be a lot of concern about negativity on this site???
Why?? As others have already stated,it was quite a bit worse a couple of years ago!
I have never been banned but I've been warned a couple of times for popping off on something I feel is useless information or someone hi-jacking a thread! If you feel the mods are doing a shitty
job then maybe you should apply for the job?? As far as the owner of this site is concerned he
is NOT a babysitter!!! He is a very busy man. No time to moderate every little dispute!!

If you think this site is not your cup of tea, then try that other sickeningly syruppy site where nothing much ever happens and the same 20 people post every day!!

Finally, some of you need to take up waterfowling! The season lasts from early September to March 10, might keep some from going bush crazy??

Yeah, that's right I like this site the way it is, and being a miserable old prick it suits me well??:mrgreen:.----Cheers---Field Marshal.

Rackem
01-10-2014, 08:44 AM
I mean forums in other provinces, and countries lol, lots of animals being posted. BC seems to have a regional hostility for some reason...'and for some reason Facebook...

I know of several Boone and Crockett record sheep taken this year, one by a tiny young woman who proved herself a very tough cookie in retrieving and packing it out....but who will not post anything to anyone because of fear of criticism...they are thin skinned in that way so they just won't post.

sawmill
01-10-2014, 08:47 AM
I didn't see much hate on the hunting threads this year. It was way worse 2-3 years ago. There will always be ignorant, narrow minded and rude people around..

Those are my favorite ones!Gives me license to be ruder and meaner to them.It`s like therapy and it don`t cost $100 an hour.
So,for all you out there who have been bullied,P.M. me and I`ll rip `em up for you.If I can go toe to toe with The Dude,I can handle anything.:twisted:

biggyun68
01-10-2014, 09:01 AM
I still come and scan or read all most all of the posts everyday: I do not post much anymore primarily because it has been a bad hunting year for myself but there is the the "critic" factor too: There were bigger jerks 2 plus years ago and I think some of us are still raw from those folks: That being said I have never failed to find help and advice on this site when I ask. A surprising amount comes from Mods who will PM you rather than reply in the forum....
Thank-you to those who have helped - which is most of you!!!

Rackem
01-10-2014, 09:04 AM
There seems to be a lot of concern about negativity on this site???
Why?? As others have already stated,it was quite a bit worse a couple of years ago!
I have never been banned but I've been warned a couple of times for popping off on something I feel is useless information or someone hi-jacking a thread!

If you think this site is not your cup of tea, then try that other sickeningly syruppy site where nothing much ever happens and the same 20 people post every day!!
Yeah, that's right I like this site the way it is, and being a miserable old prick it suits me well??:mrgreen:.----Cheers---Field Marshal.

Yeah quite a few grumpy old men on here, bitter at life's disappointments, who feel the need to designate themselves the fun police...along with the chest pounding threat display monkey boys. I don't mind them until they cross the line into personal insults and outright rascist/sexist bullshit.

I wasn't here two years ago so I can't compare what it was then to now. All I can comment on is my experience to date. Primarily fun, occasionally downright annoying.

No need to be hard on another site, I enjoy many different forums for many different reasons.

Kudu
01-10-2014, 09:07 AM
Wow! Thousands of hits for gossip.......

What - after all, is this little meeting place called HBC - Steven?

Hunt BC is merely a consensual hallucination experienced by its members - (who sometimes forget that) we have merely created a civilization of the mind in cyberspace - many of the sheeple take everything posted here as real.

In Cyberspace, the First Amendment is a local ordinance. Local ordinance is policed by the mods - they set the tone of the hallucination by their actions / in-actions.

Always remember Steven, Cyberspace can't compensate for real space. We benefit from chatting to people face to face.

coach
01-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Anyone notice that Jelvis left the building?

gcreek
01-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Anyone notice that Jelvis left the building?

Did "they" take him away for therapy?

Hope he's okay health wise.

coach
01-10-2014, 09:21 AM
Did "they" take him away for therapy?

Hope he's okay health wise.

i haven't heard of any recent UFO activity around Kamloops. It's possible though.

Gateholio
01-10-2014, 09:26 AM
It appears Jelvis was offended by a comment made by Rocksteady and decided to leave HBC for now.

BRvalley
01-10-2014, 09:26 AM
it's only the internet, if it's frustrating or offensive to read, hit the back button, but I understand sometimes you get emotionally involved in a thread and then things go squirrely pretty quickly....

the user makes the site what THEY want it to be....some are new hunters looking for guidance and end up getting torn a new a-hole, some people strictly lurk for info (probably after being torn a new a-hole ha), some guys want the ego boost and brag, some guys are experts, some enjoy the chit chat and community vibes, some guys are here just to stir the crap and rip others apart

but if you don't like it, just avoid those threads and stay out of the BS storms...trying to change somebody's opinion in an online discussion is futile and it's not going to happen, the old dogs will only show their teeth...

I get the impression that HBC is the "online barbershop" where grumpy men gather to spew BS and discuss how their opinions are gospel and trump all others

It would be interesting to survey the demographics of the site users....I'd guess the largest user base is Caucasian, male, 40-50yrs old

now then, let's all sit around the campfire, hold hands and sing kumbaya....

markt308
01-10-2014, 09:32 AM
I didn't read most of the posts cause there's a ton! But what I do to combat the lack of Hunting related stories and posts, is actually make sure I share my own adventures! usually through video. If everyone takes the time to post up, this will be a better community and it will be even more enjoyable. If people are being offensive, hit that "report a post" button like there's no tomorrow and the negative nacy's will get the idea.

bearvalley
01-10-2014, 10:05 AM
I mean forums in other provinces, and countries lol, lots of animals being posted. BC seems to have a regional hostility for some reason...'and for some reason Facebook...

I know of several Boone and Crockett record sheep taken this year, one by a tiny young woman who proved herself a very tough cookie in retrieving and packing it out....but who will not post anything to anyone because of fear of criticism...they are thin skinned in that way so they just won't post.

If you're talking about the same 45x43 ram I'm thinking you are, that girl didn't have to prove herself a tough cookie packing it out. She is a tough cookie. She grew up as my neighbour. And she earned an AWESOME SHEEP.

Rackem
01-10-2014, 10:10 AM
I agree, she has NOTHING to prove, and she doesn't want to post it. She is a very tough girl. I admire her!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1471117_10151920326402909_774535424_n.png

Salty
01-10-2014, 10:14 AM
I think another thing that goes on is that what you see on HBC and other forums is not necessarily as it appears. Case in point;

That grouchy prick sawmill is always blathering on crap in his hillbilly accent from out there you just need to deal with it. And that no mind frenchbar's bean is baked in the sun from too many years in Lill-oooo=et so take anything that clown says with a grain of salt. That young warniklz dude from wherever TF it is he lives now is all over the map. He's screwing around all the time and who knows what he really is up to.

^^ yikes eh? That's some nasty stuff. But these guys have been around quite a while and so have I, I'm just messin around and those guys know it! There's a lot of pretty nasty sounding banter back and forth that to a new person might look pretty ugly. So when you see that kind of thing always ask yourself is this for real? A lot of times its just some of us with a bit bent senses of humour having a bit of fun. Not always, but if you watch for a while it will be easy to spot.

Just a thought.....

Rackem
01-10-2014, 10:17 AM
We need a sarcasm font and a joking font invented pronto LOL! That's true about the twisted jokes between buddies, and all good. But I have experienced some pretty unpleasant name calling and insults. If I were more of a sensitive person, I would have left. But I figure it bugs them more if I just continue on keeping on.

adriaticum
01-10-2014, 10:28 AM
It appears Jelvis was offended by a comment made by Rocksteady and decided to leave HBC for now.

I think Jelvis has been found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zdg8K89Zq1I

Salty
01-10-2014, 10:28 AM
^ You've got it right from the get go Rackem and jumped right in with the fun good stuff. I do worry though that some of us aren't understood all the time by some casual viewers.

But yes there are those that are jerks plain and simple any comment they make that looks like an insult is. Thankfully they're the minority.

rocksteady
01-10-2014, 10:33 AM

In MY defence, we were discussing a serious subject (the guy on FB (FN)

Who was claiming to shoot 100 deer, we were discussing how to get the authorities involved etc and the J-Man was quoting Scooby Doo.. All I did was tell him to shut up and take it seriously.

I apologized on the same thread later, then also got an "infraction point"...

Guess I should have been more "sensitive"...

I am sure he will be back..

adriaticum
01-10-2014, 10:50 AM
If some guys or gals have an all consuming need to insult each other, they should do it in a PM.

sawmill
01-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Salty needs a time out,he made me cry.Oh,the humanity.:cry:

kevan
01-10-2014, 11:05 AM

That's too bad because regardless of what others think of him he is a one of a kind guy and has livened up a great many threads, hopefully he will return....

Salty
01-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Salty needs a time out,he made me cry.Oh,the humanity.http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Westslope
01-10-2014, 11:06 AM
I am not really sure if less posts or contribution by members is because everyone is scared that they are going to get slagged. My feeling is that it is a sign that the novelty of the site or social media in general is starting to wear off, others mentioned this. A couple years back when there was some really opinionated individuals there still seemed to be a tonne of great photos, good stories and solid advice.

Furthermore I think there has been a steady decline in the amount of large, spectacular animals and stories posted on here, partially because the people who are getting those kinds of animals have gone silent. I am not saying people shouldn't post whatever they want it is the internet but, attention is drawn by the big animals. I wouldn't think the subscription rates would be very good for magazines called " 4 1/2 foot Black Bear" or " Fork Horn Ditch Buck".

Another thing that has definitely picked up is this fishing for hunting spots, if someone asks where exactly I hunt after they see some pictures I get annoyed, that isn't just an internet thing. I think a reason that successful hunters are less likely of posting photos or stories of hard won animals is because it seems there are a pile of HBC members just trolling for a gimme spot. I see it as a risk posting photos when your area, your truck etc may get recognized and blabbed about. I take pride in my hard earned spots and have no problems passing one over to a good friend who has had a rough year but, the thought of it getting hammered by a bunch of strangers disgusts me.

Lastly, if you have been a member of the site for a number of years you may have made friends with the other like minded members. Now, instead of showing the whole internet that deer or ram you shot you can simply just shoot your contacts a text or email with a few pictures and the story.

I still enjoy the site and look at it everyday but, focus more on the shooting stuff, some knowledgeable helpful shooters out there. Not really all that interested in hearing what others have to say about a CO.

My.2

srupp
01-10-2014, 11:32 AM
All amazing and insightful points of view, thanks kudu..some stuff I had not thought of.....im not sure what the change is.but the animals harvested are insane big...amazing trohies of many lifetimes....the big animals are still out there...their choice...

However it is still my opinion this is great site, I have always got answers, explnations, information...and in turn I try and add what knowlege I posess in arespectful manner...I return because it adds something to my life.something good.the mods do pretty fine job of herding cats......

Cheers
Steven

goatdancer
01-10-2014, 12:19 PM
In MY defence, we were discussing a serious subject (the guy on FB (FN)

Who was claiming to shoot 100 deer, we were discussing how to get the authorities involved etc and the J-Man was quoting Scooby Doo.. All I did was tell him to shut up and take it seriously.

I apologized on the same thread later, then also got an "infraction point"...

Guess I should have been more "sensitive"...

I am sure he will be back..

You insensitive cad you :mrgreen::twisted::-D

rocksteady
01-10-2014, 12:21 PM
You insensitive cad you :mrgreen::twisted::-D

Yeah, thats what I thought... Maybe if I put a smiley face and a winky, it would have been allowed...

Gateholio
01-10-2014, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't be concerned about any decision Jelvis has made for himself.

cfree
01-10-2014, 01:06 PM
As one of the newer members, I have enjoyed this site and the experiences others have shared. You always seem to get a few strange responses on some of these threads but then again there are some people who are never happy. Although I don't post that often, I do read many posts to continue my 3 year learning curve in the world of hunting. I have filled a deer tag every year but no trophy or large buck photos yet. Hopefully this will be the year that happens, but if it doesn't, I will still enjoy getting out in the bush and exploring. I will also enjoy the adventures of other members who are successful in finding that trophy they are looking for and sharing with us. I got a go pro for Christmas and hopefully this fall I will be able to share some of my deer hunts as well. To a great 2014, cheers!

frenchbar
01-10-2014, 01:41 PM
i think another thing that goes on is that what you see on hbc and other forums is not necessarily as it appears. Case in point;

that grouchy prick sawmill is always blathering on crap in his hillbilly accent from out there you just need to deal with it. And that no mind frenchbar's bean is baked in the sun from too many years in lill-oooo=et so take anything that clown says with a grain of salt. That young warniklz dude from wherever tf it is he lives now is all over the map. He's screwing around all the time and who knows what he really is up to.

^^ yikes eh? That's some nasty stuff. But these guys have been around quite a while and so have i, i'm just messin around and those guys know it! There's a lot of pretty nasty sounding banter back and forth that to a new person might look pretty ugly. So when you see that kind of thing always ask yourself is this for real? A lot of times its just some of us with a bit bent senses of humour having a bit of fun. Not always, but if you watch for a while it will be easy to spot.

Just a thought.....

stfu.. And play a good old tune ya rain drenched piece of crap.......

rbest
01-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Amen!!!!!!

outdoorsk
01-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Great post srupp! Have been a member for almost a year now. Have not posted that much. I have enjoyed reading other peoples hunts and photos. IMO this is a great forum, yes there has been some bullies but they are everywhere. I am not new to hunting. Have been hunting for many years. I hope to enjoy many more years of hunting and on this forum.

d6dan
01-10-2014, 02:34 PM

Man, that's just mean!. Go plow some roads ya ol' fart. :mrgreen:

Clint_S
01-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Isn't this just SAD.
I don't mean the teary kind, I mean the seasonally affected disorder kind most of us get when we're kind of cooped up for the winter and get a little antsy.

Get busy.
Get a winter hobby related to your passion and you'll have less time to worry about posts you may or may not agree with.
Spend more time outside and less on the frickin web.
I know I'm on here as we speak but I just got back from chasin a tom all over the mountain side to no avail and am too worn out to do anything else.
Check your post count.
If it's 3000 in 3 years you need to get out more. :-D

brotherjack
01-10-2014, 02:56 PM
I would tend to agree. Even before I mostly departed back around 2010 when I moved to Idaho, I had folks in my ignore list. This is the only online forum I've ever been involved in (and I've been on the Internet since 1993 - that's a long and distinguished list), where I got so disgusted with anyone(s) to build and maintain an ignore list. In my brief and sporadic recent posting of late, I see not much has changed.

And I hope the 99.9% of you guys readnig this who aren't twits, realize that I didn't write above about you, so take no offense, pleas and thanks. And if you're a twit and you know it, well.. maybe you should consider doing something about smartening up. :)

YMMV

frenchbar
01-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Man, that's just mean!. Go plow some roads ya ol' fart. :mrgreen:
im grumpy today lol its like summer here no snow to plow ..so i think i'l sit on the comp and fling insults at u islanders ..:)

Rackem
01-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Isn't this just SAD.
I don't mean the teary kind, I mean the seasonally affected disorder kind most of us get when we're kind of cooped up for the winter and get a little antsy.

Get busy.
Get a winter hobby related to your passion and you'll have less time to worry about posts you may or may not agree with.
Spend more time outside and less on the frickin web.
I know I'm on here as we speak but I just got back from chasin a tom all over the mountain side to no avail and am too worn out to do anything else.
Check your post count.
If it's 3000 in 3 years you need to get out more. :-D

What about if you work 12 hour shifts with no one bleeding and needing attention??? What do I do to cut the boredom??? On my days off I don't even look at this site...but at work, I find it more interesting than watching tv...

adriaticum
01-10-2014, 03:41 PM
What about if you work 12 hour shifts with no one bleeding and needing attention??? What do I do to cut the boredom??? On my days off I don't even look at this site...but at work, I find it more interesting than watching tv...

To me TV is so passé. Youtube is king. Paired with a bookon the subject you can get lots of info.
Currently, I am reading a book on animal tracking and trees of North America.
I get some visual input from the tube and the info sticks like flu, I mean glue.

Salty
01-10-2014, 04:22 PM

That's MISTER rain drenched piece of crap to you buckwheat! :evil: I wud play a tune but G.O.T. is buried so far down I don't no where it iz and I'm too lazy to find it. lol Speaking which where the hell is ruger? He's pretty much our DJ these days....

frenchbar
01-10-2014, 04:28 PM
That's MISTER rain drenched piece of crap to you buckwheat! :evil: I wud play a tune but G.O.T. is buried so far down I don't no where it iz and I'm too lazy to find it. lol Speaking which where the hell is ruger? He's pretty much our DJ these days....
not sure where he is ..hope hes ok .

rocksteady
01-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Here is one for Sawmill

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=56duVYLsd4Q&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D56duVYLsd4Q%26feature%3 Dplayer_detailpage

adriaticum
01-10-2014, 04:35 PM

I am told he is ok, just taking a break from the computer.

Salty
01-10-2014, 04:47 PM
thnx, good to know

sawmill
01-10-2014, 04:48 PM
HA!!!Love it Rock,gonna learn that song.

d6dan
01-10-2014, 04:54 PM
HA!!!Love it Rock,gonna learn that song.

That song fits you well Joe!.. Learn it redneck.....:wink:

dingdongdenny
01-10-2014, 06:16 PM
totally agree ,to many overly critical people here. Don't post as often as some other sites, been there done that didn't want to get into it with some a$$hat here so bit my tongue and moved on. don't want to post on the co thread because i think it should die the quick death that it deserves .Too many 15yr old girls here.

knightcc
01-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Very well put from one of the statesman on this site who was helped many of us out. If guys would grow up, hopefully some of the studs that used to get posted on here would start showing up again. Maybe the Mods should develop a more strict code of conduct and start bouncing some donkeys.

frenchbar
01-10-2014, 06:53 PM
only the strong survive ..the weak move on...if ya cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen !

mark
01-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Imagine if there was a forum where every member had to use their full real name, and a face photo for an avtar pic?
Id bet the respect level would rise dramatically mighty quick!
Quite a number of people on this site openly voice their full names and pictures of themselves, and those folks are rarely if ever the problem here.
Its the faceless, nameless people that choose to hide behind a computer screen while they, slander, lie, belittle, and spew their $hit, that have ruined this place!
Hence the hunting forum on facebook has become quite popular....

ru rancher
01-10-2014, 06:59 PM
only the strong survive ..the weak move on...if ya cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen !
only problem with that statement is when they are the only good cooks in said kitchen... ;)

elkhunterette
01-10-2014, 07:01 PM
Imagine if there was a forum where every member had to use their full real name, and a face photo for an avtar pic?
Quite a number of people on this site openly voice their full names and pictures of themselves, and those folks are rarely if ever the problem here.
Its the faceless, nameless people that choose to hide behind a computer screen while they, slander, lie, belittle, and spew their $hit, that have ruined this place!

Excellent post, this is exactly what I have said!

mark
01-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Excellent post, this is exactly what I have said!

Hey, sorry if had already been said, I didnt read through the 17 pages previous.

elkhunterette
01-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Hey, sorry if had already been said, I didnt read through the 17 pages previous.

No problem, I just wish more people would listen to what you have said.

kyleklassen
01-10-2014, 07:38 PM
Hence the hunting forum on facebook has become quite popular....should be mandatory.

BCBRAD
01-10-2014, 07:43 PM
should be mandatory.

did you hunt Babine last oct?

blackcreekboy
01-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Anybody know where I can get a cammo man purse ? preferably on the island? needs to be big enough to hold a laptop and a ,six pack of lucky. sure would appreciate any input and great topic!!!

BCBRAD
01-10-2014, 07:51 PM
Anybody know where I can get a cammo man purse ? preferably on the island? needs to be big enough to hold a laptop and a ,six pack of lucky. sure would appreciate any input and great topic!!!

I had one but I can't find it..........

Mathil
01-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Although there are advantages to a fully disclosed forum (nobody says anything they're not 100% behind) there are also disadvantages.

adriaticum
01-10-2014, 08:05 PM

Sure, but if you do some diggin you can find all that information about most members on here. Most people who build this site don't hide. All those anonymous are weeded out buy the great bear.

Whonnock Boy
01-10-2014, 09:20 PM

Two recent posts on the quickly growing facebook page.....

Would just like to say i've been a member of this site for a few months and in the past its been nothing but a dick measuring contest. But as of the past week or so ive actually seen some comradery amongst the members and have decided to post some personal pictures of my own.if we all try and keep it up this could be a great site! And thank you for all your positive remarks. More to come and tight lines!!!

Time for people to stop stirring up problems and using this group as your personal issues page. This group is designed for the hunting and fishing community, to talk about hunting and fishing, not to harass and cause drama like a child. Time to grow up and act like adults or go join another group because we will happily remove and ban you from this group. We are tired of being babysitters for adults.

Gateholio
01-10-2014, 10:26 PM

I tend to agree. I started posting on forums in about 1997 when I discovered the Internet. Never hid who I was. What I say here I'd say in person too, because... Well... I am saying it with my identity known.

Rackem
01-11-2014, 06:09 AM

So you advocate a place free of women and children, elderly, and people who do not meet your criteria of "strong"? What a boring world you would live in.

IMO the weak are the bullies. The wise, or "Strong" are the ones who say **** this Shit, and move on.

frenchbar
01-11-2014, 06:16 AM
^ think what you must...

Boner
01-11-2014, 07:20 AM
Well done, this thread cleared the air. It looks like the bullies are taken care of, what about the post whores? :)

M.Dean
01-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Anybody know where I can get a cammo man purse ? preferably on the island? needs to be big enough to hold a laptop and a ,six pack of lucky. sure would appreciate any input and great topic!!! Why not have your "Seamstress" put a real big pocket in the front of your skirt? With your Lap Top in there and a real cold 6 pack, it'd sure keep other guys from trying to look up your skirt! This way the rear of the Skirt can still "Ride High" in the wind, showing off your " Camo, Man Thong" to all the Boy's!!! Only thing I ask of you, never, ever come to the Interior of our lovely Provence Hunting, Thanks!!!

sawmill
01-11-2014, 09:29 AM
Well done, this thread cleared the air. It looks like the bullies are taken care of, what about the post whores? :)

OOOH,carefull.

biggyun68
01-11-2014, 12:06 PM
A lot of the folks I know who do not include their name and picture are in professions where perceptions of their hunting activity cab effect their professions lives. An unfortunate and ugly reality in the city environment. Mind you these folks are not the anti social types and have always helped folks who have asked. They are also supportive of folks who post their experiences in the field, kitchen etc... They have no problem revealing themselves via PM and their desire for public privacy should be respected.
Others like myself are folks who, in varying degrees, have lives in the public eye and do not want some hack perverting what we do in the public eye via a Google search; which all of our posts here are open to. We are not hiding just being discrete for mostly the sake of our families and friends.

I do appreciate folks like Jelvis, Goatguy, BigBoar, All the Mods, Rackem and others who are constant positive contributors... I do not consider anyone who is contributing positively to this site and respects others posts, no matter how much they do it, as a post slut/whore: In case I have not said it before Thank-you for your time and contributions...

It is good to know that we have enough concerned members on this site to carry this post.

coach
01-11-2014, 01:40 PM
A lot of the folks I know who do not include their name and picture are in professions where perceptions of their hunting activity cab effect their professions lives. An unfortunate and ugly reality in the city environment. Mind you these folks are not the anti social types and have always helped folks who have asked. They are also supportive of folks who post their experiences in the field, kitchen etc... They have no problem revealing themselves via PM and their desire for public privacy should be respected.

No offense - but hiding our lifestyle will ultimately result in the death of hunting.

Growing up in 100 Mile House, iI hunted and fished throughout my youth. Almost everyone I knew did the same. My dad taught at the high school. He didn't hunt, but we still had a gun rack in the back of the truck - just like a lot of other people. After graduating, I spent more than 20 years in the Lower Mainland. As the years went by, I hunted less and less. I started to feel a bit like your friends must - to the point of not talking about hunting with people I met through my profession or in every day life. By staying quiet, I guess I avoided conflict. I presume that I felt there would be no chance of people instantly losing respect for me because they might be anti-hunting. As the years passed, I became further removed from hunting and even went several years without making any trips.

I fished a ton, but eventually started to miss hunting. At some point, I decided to get back in to it. I started making annual trips back to the Cariboo for mule deer. Another friend invited me on a yearly trip to the Burns Lake/Houston area for moose. I started taking hunting a lot more with my friends, but kept it quiet from people outside of that group. As time went on, our trips were pretty successful. My neighbours started finding out I was hunting. Pretty soon they were showing up around dinner time when they could smell moose burgers on the barbecue. None of them hunted, but they sure started to like the taste of wild game. :-DI began to realize that people weren't as opposed to hunting as I'd maybe led myself to believe. I started talking about my trips more and more. People seemed very interested.

One October day, I mentioned to a student that I was going to be out of town for a couple weeks, so we wouldn't be able to meet for her regularly scheduled golf lesson. "Where are you going?", she asked.

"I'm heading north for my annual moose hunt", I replied..

Her face turned beat red.. I could see she was disgusted.. "Well, I hope you don't get anything!" :evil: I was shocked. I'd kind of put the whole, "people don't like hunting so stay quiet about it" thing behind me. I hadn't run into any opposition to hunting for a number of years. Suddenly I realized that one of my best clients was shocked and appalled to hear that I killed animals to eat. The conversation didn't last long. I went on my trip, hoping I wasn't going to lose future business.

At her next lesson, she asked me how the trip went. "It was great. I saw over 20 cow moose, several grizzly bears and lots of black bears. There were wolf tracks everywhere, but I didn't see any."

"Did you kill anything?" Her tone said she was curious, but may not have wanted to hear the truth.

"No. My partner got a moose and I saw lots of animals, but no bull moose. He season is for bulls only. I took lots of pictures tough. Seeing all those animals and getting out in nature is what it's all about."

The chip on her shoulder suddenly disappeared. "You mean you see animals when you go hunting but don't shoot them?" She had no concept of seasons, rules and regulations, etc. - the stuff we take for granted. She seemed to suddenly realize that I wasn't just a cold blooded killer out shooting everything I see. I've continued to teach her golf in the years subsequent to that first discussion. She now realizes how passionate I am about wildlife and conservation and how healthy the hunting lifestyle is for my own children. Interesting stuff!

The lesson was clear to me. There's absolutely nothing to gain by hiding the fact I'm a hunter. I now engage people on a regular basis in conversations about hunting and wildlife. I've run into very few negatives and am amazed at how many young people I've mentioned hunting to who have told me they are really interested in getting into it. It happened again just yesterday, when I was buying a pair of boots. The young sales clerk told me he has a recurve, but doesn't have a place to shoot it. He wants to do his CORE but doesnt know where to take it. I told him about our fish and game club. He's now looking into joining.

Intersting what putting hunting "out there" in conversation can accomplish. Again - NOTHING beneficial comes from hiding the fact that we hunt.

Sorry about the long, boring story. Get off your ass and start sharing! :-D

coach
01-11-2014, 01:47 PM
On another note: a hunting site isn't a hunting site unless members share hunting related pictures and stories. As much as the hockey and female appreciation threads are interesting, there's other places to view and discuss that stuff. What makes HBC great is the hunting related content from the membership. If we look at all of the negative hunting related threads the problem can usually be attributed to someone doing a poor job telling the story of their hunt. They've either admitted to doing something unethical or they've bitched and moaned about someone else messing up their hunt. Proof reading before posting is a good idea. Starting separate threads to discuss ethics rather than flaming someone for their legal hunt is also an appropriate strategy. For those worried about posting pics that give away locations - that's easily fixed by camera angles or editing.

Enough said.. I gotta go photograph some animals for My 2014.

frenchbar
01-11-2014, 01:53 PM
If we look at all of the negative hunting related threads the problem can usually be attributed to someone doing a poor job telling the story of their hunt. They've either admitted to doing something unethical or they've bitched and moaned about someone else messing up their hunt. Proof reading before posting is a good idea.

i would agree 100%

rocksteady
01-11-2014, 03:47 PM
I agree, story telling is hepful, however there are some on here that will take huge leaps of conclusions, if the story is not 100% clear. Looking for the weak of the herd, almost.

For example, somebody says "shot a deer, gutted it, tossed it in the truck, home by 10:00 am"....suddenly it turns into there was no tag cut, evidence of sex removed, too close to a paved highway, poor backstop, yadayada...

Maybe we should support other sportsman, rather than criticizing...

sarg
01-11-2014, 04:53 PM
only if it was this easy :) I don't get why hunter jump all over other hunter for no good reason
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1558539_610317749018214_1950192590_n.jpg

Gateholio
01-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Great essay coach! Although I certinaly understand the need for some people to remain out of the public eye, I feel exactly the same as you.

adriaticum
01-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Something happened here in Canada 20 years ago, (I don't know what), that has sent all the hunters/shooters scrambling for cover. From what I am able to gather it's might be the strict gun control. So many people I know of the older generation don't really like to talk about guns and hunting. So while the homos were coming out of the closet, hunters were going into the closet.
Time to end that!
Most people who know me privately (friends, family, customers) know that I fish and hunt and spend lots of time in the bush. No one ever said anything or complained when I slap them with a fresh fish.

Gateholio
01-11-2014, 06:19 PM
Something happened here in Canada 20 years ago, (I don't know what), that has sent all the hunters/shooters scrambling for cover. From what I am able to gather it's might be the strict gun control. So many people I know of the older generation don't really like to talk about guns and hunting. So while the homos were coming out of the closet, hunters were going into the closet.
Time to end that!
Most people who know me privately (friends, family, customers) know that I fish and hunt and spend lots of time in the bush. No one ever said anything or complained when I slap them with a fresh fish.

What happened was a shift in demographics to less rural people, more urban people. Then anti hunting and anti gun groups jumped up, particularly after Marc Lepine.

And then, hunters and shooters did the WORST thing ever. They tried to go underground in an effort to be left alone. There were lots of "be discrete" campaigns. Hunters were told to hide their guns and dead animals. Truck gun racks disappeared. The general public learned about hunting and guns from Hollywood instead of just seeing thair neighbor "good ol' Mr. Jones" pulling up and unloading a deer and guns. Mr Jones was now sneaking his deer and guns into the house. Then the hunters and trap shooters did something incredibly cowardly-

They turned their backs on handgun and black gun (or tactical) shooters. They figured that their rifles and shotguns were for "sporting" purposes so would be left alone. So they didn't stand and fight when the tacticool guys said "your guns will be next" And of course they were...With the passing of the Firearms Act (C-68), ALL firearms owners got screwed.

That's it in a nutshell

We've made some progress. People are starting to wake up to the fact that hiding hunting and shooting WILL be death of the sport. People are starting to fight back and not be apologetic for hunting or owning guns anymore. I've been seeing some encouraging stuff lately. The demise of the long gun registry, Women starting to hunt more, urban hunters, people not ashamed to be a hunter/shooter anymore....The worm is turning, but we can't get complacent.

Sofa King
01-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Time to end that!

agree.
I can't believe some people hide that they are hunters.
almost nobody I know closely are hunters, but I sure make it known that I am.
none of them are against it in any way, it's just not something that interests them.
I've taken girlfriends along and even a buddy who wanted to experience it.
I would never work for someone who I'd feel I'd have to "hide" it from.
I don't know how someone could go to work everyday and pretend to be someone they aren't.

lovemywinchester
01-11-2014, 09:04 PM
In regards to the original subject of this thread which was people not posting their hunts and pics anymore, I just browsed through the big game contest thread again. It seems to me we have a lot of great hunters and stories from this fall. A whole lot. I think we are doing alright here. The contest is a great thread and a year wrap up all in one. I can't wait for September!

frenchbar
01-11-2014, 09:07 PM
In regards to the original subject of this thread which was people not posting their hunts and pics anymore, I just browsed through the big game contest thread again. It seems to me we have a lot of great hunters and stories from this fall. A whole lot. I think we are doing alright here. The contest is a great thread and a year wrap up all in one. I can't wait for September!
true ..it would be nice tho if more members could dig deep and donate some more prizes for the contest ..it always seems to be the same dozen people .more prizes more winners !

coach
01-11-2014, 09:15 PM
true ..it would be nice tho if more members could dig deep and donate some more prizes for the contest ..it always seems to be the same dozen people .more prizes more winners !

Agree wih you 100% on that one, Frenchie. Maybe I should donate a golf lesson for the person who posts a story and pics of the smallest buck for the year? Kind of a "you should take a week off, then quit and take up another sport" prize. Of course, I'd have won that one a couple years ago. :-D

All joking aside, I think there's too may people who are afraid to share their pics and stories because they worry their animals won't "measure up". IMO it shouldn't be about dick wagging. Big animals obviously get our attention, but I'm just as happy seeing a new or experienced hunter post up a spike or two point.

Whonnock Boy
01-11-2014, 09:28 PM

Some of us participate in raffles on a regular basis to support the site, and not just to win the prizes. But! I will keep it in mind. :wink:

Ambush
01-11-2014, 09:48 PM
For some reason I can't [QUOTE] coach.

There is some truth in that some feel their animal won't "measure up" and so don't post them. It is incredibility immature to belittle someone else's achievement.

I also hate it when someone posts an impressive animal and some jealous [or just stupid] weenie has to ask if that means his dick is bigger now. And then the whole "...I don't hunt for a trophy, I hunt for myself..." shit show starts.

One is as bad as the other. So some just employ "avoidance" strategy.

biggyun68
01-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Others like myself are folks who, in varying degrees, have lives in the public eye and do not want some hack perverting what we do in the public eye via a Google search; which all of our posts here are open to. We are not hiding just being discrete for mostly the sake of our families and friends.

I do appreciate folks like Jelvis, Goatguy, BigBoar, All the Mods, Rackem and others who are constant positive contributors... I do not consider anyone who is contributing positively to this site and respects others posts, no matter how much they do it, as a post slut/whore: In case I have not said it before Thank-you for your time and contributions...

It is good to know that we have enough concerned members on this site to carry this post.

Hi Folks: re-posted so you folks can read it and show me where I said "we are not hiding" and asking for respect....

So here we have a post about the attitude of folks on this site (judgmental) and have a direct example of it including a mod weighing in incorrectly:
Now it gains momentum and we get a thread on hunters hiding etc...
So if you folks can't get it right what's someone who wants to take you out of context going to do?

Coach thank-you for taking the time to share your experience it has informed me and I am grateful - we need more folks to share their experience however leave the judgments out. We no better than Anti's when we judge... especially when we miss quote or take out of context:

All the best to you all

coach
01-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Biggyun68, I don't know where you feel I "judged" you. The little dish about "getting off your ass" at the end of my long boring story was a joke. It's completely up to you if you want to share or not. I just shared my experience. Hopefully it gets people thinking.

biggyun68
01-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Biggyun68, I don't know where you feel I "judged" you. The little dish about "getting off your ass" at the end of my long boring story was a joke. It's completely up to you if you want to share or not. I just shared my experience. Hopefully it gets people thinking.

Coach I enjoy your contributions, they are not boring, and please do not take this as more than a swing lesson to prove my point on why folks want some privacy on forums:

The judgement comes 2-3 posts down: I wanted more to demonstrate how I was taken out of context: "hiding" - which I specifically said that we are not doing in my post and then that new context becomes a judgement in following posts gaining momentum and venom: One reads this and thinks that this is completely not what I said.This a huge reason why folks are quiet. Maybe it is as one person said earlier writing style...

As to getting of my butt up and out - I have to smile: September I volunteered and participated in the BCWF Region 2 first hunters boot camp; October's first two weeks: I helped out with Ladner heritage days by bringing my two kids along, Buried my mom, and helped organized a Princeton Hunt: November I Hunted Black Tail in Region 1 and 2 in the first two weeks, both hunts had new hunters on them and unfortunately no Deer were taken by me: December was focused on more estate stuff and the holidays: And the last two weeks of January have seen the kids and I out at the club, twice, shooting sporting clays to get ready to waterfowl: I was very proud last week when my 12 year old daughter had a higher score than me.

To date my friends and kids have all the wildlife taken and all I can brag about are 7 less Grey squirrels in the LML... Sorry no pictures of my Squirrels - or anything else because the mobile phone got stolen from the truck in December (such is life in East Vancouver): But I have the great memories of getting out there with new hunters, friends and my kids... you can check out the kids waterfowl on an earlier post:

Gateholio
01-11-2014, 11:08 PM
Hi Folks: re-posted so you folks can read it and show me where I said "we are not hiding" and asking for respect....

So here we have a post about the attitude of folks on this site (judgmental) and have a direct example of it including a mod weighing in incorrectly:
Now it gains momentum and we get a thread on hunters hiding etc...
So if you folks can't get it right what's someone who wants to take you out of context going to do?

Coach thank-you for taking the time to share your experience it has informed me and I am grateful - we need more folks to share their experience however leave the judgments out. We no better than Anti's when we judge... especially when we miss quote or take out of context:

All the best to you all

If you are referring to me, I suggest you re-read my post. I said I understand the need for some people to maintain their privacy.

biggyun68
01-11-2014, 11:37 PM
I was more referring to the first part "I agree with you..." which means you agreed with the hiding part... I specifically said that it is a matter of discretion and not hiding:

My point is that even the mod, a good one at that, becomes part of the "taken out of context" which gives credence to the opinions growing stronger and stronger: I guess in hind sight the vernacular would be if your friends can easily take you out of context what will your critics do?

You do not need to be loud to be proud and supportive... however you also cannot be silent:

"The greatest tragedy in history of this great time of enlightenment will not be the bad things the evil people said but rather what was not said by the good people." paraphrase of Martin Luther King jr.

Gateholio
01-11-2014, 11:41 PM
And here you take me out of context, too. I said I feel the way coach does, meaning I personally am quite public about my hunting. Not referring to your post except when I say I understand privacy. ;)

coach
01-11-2014, 11:53 PM
I've read and re-read my post as well as yours and Gatehouse's. I think I made it pretty clear in my story that I empathized with those who decide to keep the fact that they hunt private. I even talked about the fact I did the same thing for a number of years. I've realized, however, that it's far more beneficial to the hunting community to engage people in conversation about hunting. My experience shows that even people who at first glance completely disapprove of hunting can be supportive of our pastime when they have a better understanding of what we do and how committed we are to conservation. I don't believe I attacked you in any way. IMO - Gatehouse simply agreed with what I had to say and qualified his viewpoint further by acknowledging the need for some people to maintain their privacy.

Regardless, I appreciate your contributions. I tried to write my post in the least inflammatory way. Looks like more proof reading may have been in order.

Sounds like you've had a very busy and rewarding month or so. Kudos on getting more youth involved. Where's the waterfowl thread you referenced?

Gateholio
01-12-2014, 12:03 AM
Group hug time? :)

coach
01-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Nah.. No time for that. You have a contest to deal with.. :-D

rocksteady
01-12-2014, 12:26 AM
Everyone in my neighborhood knows I am a hunter.... Between the camo fashions, blood stain down the tailgate or the murder of crows circling my garage, they know something is up :)

I had a run in at coffee, at work one day, years ago. We were talking hunting and this spineless weasel accused me of hunting, just to feel more like a man....

I thought about it for a minute and said "at least I do my own dirty work, you pay for some poor bugger at Burns meats to do your hunting for you".... We never did become friends... No loss...

Shawn Smith
01-12-2014, 12:36 AM
I'm new to this forum but it's really no different than others I've been part of there are always those that hide behind their computers and throw insults. Forums that have been mostly free of these idiots don't allow people to join using false names they require members to use their actual names. Personally I won't post a comment that I won't say to a another man's face.

As for the CO I'm not really sure what made him emotional I don't care and I don't think less of the man maybe he has shit going on in his life that influenced his reaction that day. Why his reaction would upset someone so much as to need to go on a forum and bash the man is confusing personally I left name calling back in grade school.

biggyun68
01-12-2014, 10:05 AM
Hi Coach:
I hope our paths cross because it sounds like you would be a great guy to hunt with:

Here is the link all the best: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?99777-herutage-days-delta&highlight=heritage+days

Colin

biggyun68
01-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Group hug time? :)

We are all friends...:-D

adriaticum
01-12-2014, 10:54 AM
What happened was a shift in demographics to less rural people, more urban people. Then anti hunting and anti gun groups jumped up, particularly after Marc Lepine.

And then, hunters and shooters did the WORST thing ever. They tried to go underground in an effort to be left alone. There were lots of "be discrete" campaigns. Hunters were told to hide their guns and dead animals. Truck gun racks disappeared. The general public learned about hunting and guns from Hollywood instead of just seeing thair neighbor "good ol' Mr. Jones" pulling up and unloading a deer and guns. Mr Jones was now sneaking his deer and guns into the house. Then the hunters and trap shooters did something incredibly cowardly-

They turned their backs on handgun and black gun (or tactical) shooters. They figured that their rifles and shotguns were for "sporting" purposes so would be left alone. So they didn't stand and fight when the tacticool guys said "your guns will be next" And of course they were...With the passing of the Firearms Act (C-68), ALL firearms owners got screwed.

That's it in a nutshell

We've made some progress. People are starting to wake up to the fact that hiding hunting and shooting WILL be death of the sport. People are starting to fight back and not be apologetic for hunting or owning guns anymore. I've been seeing some encouraging stuff lately. The demise of the long gun registry, Women starting to hunt more, urban hunters, people not ashamed to be a hunter/shooter anymore....The worm is turning, but we can't get complacent.

That makes sense, urbanization is the plague of the 20th century.

Rackem
01-12-2014, 02:20 PM
The bright spot is that there is a growing trend for people to embrace food sovereignty...

http://www.npr.org/2012/11/13/165046183/whos-hunting-now-and-why
"Stalking and killing one's prey is one of the world's oldest acts. In modern culture, hunting has been dominated by a stereotype of burly men in camouflage who view the pastime mostly as a sport. But a new, younger generation of hunters has started shooting not as a recreational activity but more as an ethical method of connecting with the source of their sustenance. And more women are entering the sport, changing the shape of the industry, literally."

"..took a shot and killed the bird. And I was really shocked by my reaction because I was expecting to just be wracked with guilt and really confused about what had just happened. And instead, I was euphoric. I couldn't believe that I had it in me and that I'd done it. I felt empowered and proud and amazed and relieved."

"I had recently moved to this rural area, and I was interested in kind of connecting to the rural way of life. I had been a meat-eater all my life, and I was really interested in, you know, better understanding what I had been doing by eating animals my whole life. I also had recently learned how to fly-fish and really enjoyed that activity in part because it taught me how to read rivers in this whole new way. I was - I just felt like it gave me this new understanding of and appreciation of an entire ecosystem. And I had hoped that with hunting, I would learn to read landscapes in that same way.
It's a really different thing to understand an ecosystem to the point where you can participate in it rather than just observe it from afar."

ru rancher
01-14-2014, 07:36 PM
for everyone who said that facebook was better because there are no poeple running there mouths without any facts i just saw a post to prove that isnt true it is the exact same as hear one guy went off on my friend for saying he had intentions on hunting grizzleys he belived they should not be hunted even though biologist say there are hunt able populations witch we all know. and deffinition of untable is that a sertain amount of bears can be taken from an area that would be killed from natural causes.

adriaticum
01-14-2014, 07:44 PM
I don't think Facebook is better or worse. It's different.
It's not really a discussion forum or a learning platform.
It's just a communication tool for me.

BCHunterTV
01-14-2014, 07:45 PM
for second I thought you were gonna say someone was losing a leg or something

Hmmm...can't help but notice that we have 7,000 hits regarding the Conservation Officer getting emotional...everyone is entitled to their own views...some were not kind.

At the same time I'm looking at 9 photos of sheep, black bear, grizzly that members harvested last year alone...3 are Boone & Crockett quality. The point is 100% of these gents have specifically stated they don't want the photos posted to the site...this site...because it always ends in "a shit show." Again, it's their choice...it's their beautiful amazing animals...

We have very skilled, determined, accomplished hunters...and yes, lucky getting draws...however, ever notice the luckiest folks seem to work the hardest??

There are a LOT of better subjects, successes we should be celebrating and drooling over some wicked trophies...not whether or not some guy got teary.

Sorry...just a little sad that we can't celebrate these successes...folks are just too reluctant at some reactions..."not worth it."

Part of what we do when we trophy hunt is go for the biggest, the oldest...as an accomplishment of us matching our senses, skills, experiences against those that were born with exceptional eyesight, sense of hearing or smell and then overcoming those senses and harvesting these exceptional specimens that others may not have ever seen...and then being able to show that success to others like minded.

Steven Rupp

ru rancher
01-14-2014, 07:53 PM
I don't think Facebook is better or worse. It's different.
It's not really a discussion forum or a learning platform.
It's just a communication tool for me.
i agree it reallly isnt the learning tool somehting like this is

Ketchika
01-14-2014, 09:57 PM
I'm sad and concerned too..I lost the enjoyment that bashing all you gut shooting,"dink" shooting,Savage totin,Ford driving,sister kissing weirdos gave me. Perhaps it was too easy.

chilcotin hillbilly
01-14-2014, 10:12 PM
for everyone who said that facebook was better because there are no poeple running there mouths without any facts i just saw a post to prove that isnt true it is the exact same as hear one guy went off on my friend for saying he had intentions on hunting grizzleys he belived they should not be hunted even though biologist say there are hunt able populations witch we all know. and deffinition of untable is that a sertain amount of bears can be taken from an area that would be killed from natural causes.

Thats funny, I have had death threats, on FB, I just give them my address and tell them to bring it, no takers yet only talkers. This is on my skinner creek hunts page, not my personal one.

fuzzybiscuit
01-14-2014, 10:14 PM
I like turtles!

ru rancher
01-14-2014, 10:16 PM
Thats funny, I have had death threats, on FB, I just give them my address and tell them to bring it, no takers yet only talkers. This is on my skinner creek hunts page, not my personal one.
way to be hahaha :)

IslandmanDan
01-15-2014, 12:06 AM
I like turtles!

Me too....Lol