PDA

View Full Version : LEH applications

davet
01-05-2014, 08:53 PM
How many of you put your LEh applications in a separate envelope when you mail it to victoria?

russm
01-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Nope, all in one for my first time and got both my draws, all in one the year after and zero draws.....

coach
01-05-2014, 08:59 PM
I send mine all together in an express post envelope.

BiG Boar
01-05-2014, 09:20 PM
individual stamps on each card is the proper way to do it.

s0ylentgreen
01-05-2014, 09:27 PM
i sent 5 in one envelope with a signature needed (they signed "LEH")
and i got one draw.... (at least i know it got there).

sarg
01-05-2014, 10:30 PM

that's the way I do it to, except for are shared moose hunts those go in to an envelope together.

coach
01-05-2014, 10:34 PM

No way I'm running the risk of some anti at Canada Post throwing my cards in the garbage.

davet
01-05-2014, 10:34 PM
I have heard storys of them not getting there. You know some animal lover at the post office chucks it. probibly not true but. I put in tags or every draw last year, all had good odds, and nothing. I guess it wont hurt to send it in a different envelope.

treehugger
01-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Living in the CRD I deliver in person.
....speaking of which, if anyone wants me to drop theirs off I'd be happy to...
trust me ;)

knockturnal
01-05-2014, 11:27 PM
For those of you that haven't seen these, ill post them up.

2013 Draw Statistics

The Fish, Wildlife, and Habitat Management Branch issued 26,932 authorizations to 23,207 hunters (the total number of authorizations issued is higher than the total number of hunters because it is possible for one hunter to receive more than one authorization).
There were a total of 23,346 authorizations available.
25,926 authorizations were issued as “first choice”; 655 as “second choice” and 351 as “Grizzly Bear Substitute”.
Shared hunts for moose allowed 5,027 additional hunters to participate in LEH hunts for moose.
2 hunters were drawn for 5 species; 45 hunters were drawn for 4 species and 19,513 hunters were drawn for 1 species.
80,124 hunters submitted 173,048 applications, 170,551 of which made it into the draw.
40 hunters applied for all 8 species.
55,555 people applied for 1 or 2 species.
210 authorizations, (33/2670 Goat, 57/2348 Grizzly Bear, 108/4749 Mule Deer and 12/8862, Moose) were not awarded due to being undersubscribed (the total number of authorizations available exceeded the total number of applicants for that hunt).

panhead
01-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Try putting them all in one envelope along with a little cash and see what happens ....

davet
01-06-2014, 11:09 AM
i was told by my core/pal instructor that new hunters and girls do have a slightly higher chance of getting a LEH tag. I personally know 3 ppl that have put in 3 or more LEH applications there first and second year of hunting and have got nothing but 1 grizz. How the hell to some hunters ALWAYS get drawn and some have never gotten one. or even get more than 1. I think something is kinda fishy

hare_assassin
01-06-2014, 11:41 AM
How the hell to some hunters ALWAYS get drawn and some have never gotten one. or even get more than 1. I think something is kinda fishy

Mathematically speaking, this is exactly what is to be expected. Nothing "fishy" whatsoever.

markomoose
01-06-2014, 07:20 PM
One envelope except group or shared

Remmy
01-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Just sent mine & my sons in today, due by Feb 7th. Early Sheep, stamp on card sent individually:)

Caribou_lou
01-06-2014, 07:59 PM
I mail them all in the same envelope. 3 moose draws for the last 3 years! No goat draws though. Might send it In a separate envelope this year.

Everett
01-06-2014, 08:06 PM
I mail mine and the wifes plus two buddies all in one envelope and we always get multiple draws.

Rackmastr
01-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Man I just submitted Grizz and Early sheep LEH and already I'm looking forward to the research and decision making of fall LEH!!!

Darksith
01-06-2014, 09:31 PM
hell no...that would be at least 30 envelopes. this year I actually was a bit late getting them off so I had to send them express, and it just happened that there was someone else at the post office with the same problem, we split the costs and threw them all in the same envelope.

Side note though, I do put the Shared hunts in their own envelope and then put that inside the larger envelope with all the single entries

Sofa King
01-06-2014, 09:34 PM
i was told by my core/pal instructor that new hunters and girls do have a slightly higher chance of getting a LEH tag. I personally know 3 ppl that have put in 3 or more LEH applications there first and second year of hunting and have got nothing but 1 grizz. How the hell to some hunters ALWAYS get drawn and some have never gotten one. or even get more than 1. I think something is kinda fishy

how can "new hunters and girls" have better odds?
that makes no sense.
your instructor is full of shit, hope he knew more about the actual course.

HCH
01-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Off the Ministry website: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/docs/leh_13_14.pdf

"If you are applying for a Group or Shared
hunt, application cards must be sent together
in one envelope and the word ‘GROUP’ or
‘SHARED’ must be written in the bottom left
corner on the front of the envelope.
DO NOT staple, pin or tape application
cards together.
DO NOT send money, licences, etc., with
your application card.
Please ensure there is sufficient postage on
the envelope."

davet
01-07-2014, 08:32 PM
ya i think its BS too, but thats what he said. He is a well know core teacher.

how can "new hunters and girls" have better odds?
that makes no sense.
your instructor is full of shit, hope he knew more about the actual course.

GoatGuy
01-07-2014, 08:50 PM
No way I'm running the risk of some anti at Canada Post throwing my cards in the garbage.
Don't worry about the antis worry about the hunters hahaha

GoatGuy
01-07-2014, 08:51 PM
Your core/pal instructor is a bser.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-07-2014, 08:54 PM
I give mine to the local shop that sells them. They stick all of them in one envelope for overnight delivery to Victoria. They only charge a toonie.

Since I'm a procrastinator, it works well for me!

SSS

One Shot
01-08-2014, 01:01 AM
I give mine to the local shop that sells them. They stick all of them in one envelope for overnight delivery to Victoria. They only charge a toonie.

Since I'm a procrastinator, it works well for me!

SSS

They use the toonies to buy their own LEH cards and then express mail their cards with the left over toonies. They will then send the dropped off cards as promised but will wait till the last day by regular surface mail. Which of course arrive late and aren't drawn for.

Gateholio
01-08-2014, 02:17 AM
I used to always get skunked. Then I started taking my LEH cards to a shaman, who blessed them, and mailed them himself. After that I started getting numerous draws every year. In fact, I rarely even bother going out on 2 of the 3 or 4 draws I get per year. Don't ask me for the Shamans contact info, I don't want anyone else to benefit from his blessings...

Moe.JKU
01-08-2014, 03:07 AM
me, my friend and his gf all put ours in the same regular letter envelope. 1 shared moose hunt, a doe each, a goat each, and a elk each. we got the shared moose and they both got doe draws. His gf and myself was first year applying for LEH as i didn't the first year.

Rich_D
01-08-2014, 11:36 PM
Put in for Moose (shared and individual depending on the year) and MD Doe the past 4 yrs and have yet to get a LEH tag.

Both indivdual moose and doe go in same envelope, shared obviously in it's own envelope and doe in another.

junkyard_g
01-09-2014, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't worry about anti's at canada post. Tampering with mail is a federal offense so I dont see someone risking their career and govt pension over tossing a draw that will still get assigned to someone anyway.