PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for wolf pelt?

PGFullMonty
01-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Hello all,
Long time since my last post! (my apologies) My boys and I are around Chetwynd on the late elk hunt and we got a decent size wolf today! There was talk at the restaurant that someone is paying for wolf pelts? Are there any bounties in the peace for wolves?
Thank to all!
Cheers

ps. I'm posting from iPhone so can't add picture yet! Will post when I get home!

Pictures added on Page 4!!!!

eric
01-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Phone Peter at Rocky mountain Taxidermy in Pouce.

PGFullMonty
01-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Thanks Eric...had a couple PM's already too!

pete_k
01-05-2014, 02:19 AM
Let us know how you do please.

boxhitch
01-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Phone Peter at Rocky mountain Taxidermy in Pouce.That won't work , they are closed up and Pete is retired.

Jetboat
01-05-2014, 10:19 AM
I heard the local Cattlemen's Association is paying a bounty. You could check with Corlane's in Dawson Creek and see if they know who you can contact. Oh, and congrats on the wolf :)

Darksith
01-05-2014, 10:55 AM
cougar pelt, but not wolf pelt

Pete
01-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Is this wolf skinned or in the round

DawsonCreedmoor
01-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Cattlemans association is paying 650 bounty I believe.

Darksith
01-05-2014, 12:20 PM

650 a wolf...I doubt it, shit I should almost quit my job if thats the case

adriaticum
01-05-2014, 12:36 PM

$250
------

DawsonCreedmoor
01-05-2014, 12:37 PM

$250
------

No. I've seen a cheque. $650

Keep in mind I don't know the details and the extent this is being offered, but the wolf I saw the 650 cheque for was killed on farmland in chetwynd. Peace River Cattlemans association.

And go ahead quit your job lol if killing wolves was that easy everyone would be doing it.

adriaticum
01-05-2014, 12:43 PM

I read an article in the producer mag for $250, but the association does not state how much the reward is so you could very well be right.
http://www.producer.com/2013/06/program-pays-for-wolf-carcasses-rather-than-cattle-compensation/

There are no published amounts that I could find on the cattlemen's site.

Rackem
01-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Yeah it's $650 but there are a bunch of hoops to jump, and it must be through a cattle producer.

Darksith
01-05-2014, 06:21 PM

Keep in mind I don't know the details and the extent this is being offered, but the wolf I saw the 650 cheque for was killed on farmland in chetwynd. Peace River Cattlemans association.

And go ahead quit your job lol if killing wolves was that easy everyone would be doing it.

seen a cheque, that don't mean much. Could be someone getting paid $650 to get a certain wolf...a hired job not a bounty open to all.
If one decides to make killing wolves their profession, or at the very least having 5 days a week to do it, and a line on problem wolf areas, one would bag quite a few each winter. Big problem is, not all of us are able to find the time to do it effectively, and no one is gonna pay $650/wolf no questions asked. I know one person that gets out quite a bit, he has nailed at least 5 in the last 30 days. See a cheque, or only valid if shot on an associations members land who reported a wolf problem yada yada, etc etc isn't a general public bounty that pays $650 a wolf.

boxhitch
01-05-2014, 09:20 PM
See a cheque, or only valid if shot on an associations members land who reported a wolf problem yada yada, etc etc isn't a general public bounty that pays $650 a wolf. You are right , and no one is saying different.
$650 cheques are being handed out , and there are hoops that exclude Joe Public. And a limited coffer to draw from , once its gone , its gone.

adriaticum
01-05-2014, 09:50 PM
$650 seems steep for a wolf.
I would say that amount has something to do with compensating the farmer for the loss as well as the bounty for the wolf.
I reviewed some of the documents on BC Cattlemen's Assoc. and they compensate farmers in that range.
Feeder Calf (400-700 lbs)……………$456.50
Feeder Cattle (700-900 lbs)…………$548.00
Finished Cattle (900-1250lbs)………$618.00
Finished Cattle (Over 1250 lbs)…....$805.00

Darksith
01-05-2014, 09:54 PM
I heard the local Cattlemen's Association is paying a bounty. You could check with Corlane's in Dawson Creek

You are right , and no one is saying different.
you sure? Seems to be a lot of peeps talking about said "bounty" when really its nothing of the sort, but anyway no worries.

if there was a bounty of 650 for each wolf, there would be a pile of guys out there doing it Im sure.

DawsonCreedmoor
01-05-2014, 10:26 PM
What are you talking about Darksith? Good job on the selective quote by the way, I was pretty specific on what I knew about the bounty.

How is it "nothing of the sort"

It is a fact the Peace River Cattleman Assc. are paying $650 for a wolf. The OP's wolf was killed in Chetwynd, so a few of us (rackem jetboat and I) that live up here and have heard of the bounty mentioned to perhaps look into the local assc. After all that's why the thread was started.

And like boxhitch said, nobody stated anything about there being "a general public bounty" other than you.

PGFullMonty
01-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Well it looks like I stirred up quite a hornets nest here!! I thank you all for your feedback and PM's. After all this, we have decided to hang on to it and we are gunna get him done up and he's gunna go in the trophy room. He is an awesome looking specimen and they are not something you get a chance to shoot on a regular basis.

Once again I thank you all for your feedback!!

Cheers,
Mike

two-feet
01-06-2014, 09:49 AM
Would like to see a pic of the wolf!

adriaticum
01-06-2014, 10:17 AM
What are you talking about Darksith? Good job on the selective quote by the way, I was pretty specific on what I knew about the bounty.

It is a fact the Peace River Cattleman Assc. are paying $650 for a wolf. The OP's wolf was killed in Chetwynd, so a few of us (rackem jetboat and I) that live up here and have heard of the bounty mentioned to perhaps look into the local assc. After all that's why the thread was started.

And like boxhitch said, nobody stated anything about there being "a general public bounty" other than you.

So does anyone know what the conditions are?
Can anyone go to the Peace and get $650 for a wolf?
They don't list anything on their website in terms of the dollar amount.

boxhitch
01-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Can anyone go to the Peace and get $650 for a wolf?No............

The Dawg
01-06-2014, 01:45 PM
There is a bounty.

Its the peace only

Its $650 per wolf

It's only open to cattle producers.

Its 100% true.

Im in an admin for wolftracker-we've been in direct contact with CO's and BCCA.

Darksith
01-06-2014, 02:01 PM

why mention a bounty if its not open to the OP? Really a bit of irrelevant information don't ya think since its only open to cattle producers? All I said was there is no way a bounty that pays $650 to just anyone. You guys are the ones that said "better quit your day job". If you had of qualified it saying a select few are able to skim $650 a wolf from their respected professional counterparts then we wouldn't of gone down this road.

And no reason for shallowH20 to resort to name calling, unless he really is that shallow.

shallowH2O
01-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Oh but it's okay for you to tell 3-4 other posters that they are out right wrong?? 2 phone calls and 15 minutes if research and the answer was figured out

shallowH2O
01-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Oh and anyone can get 350 a wolf in the peace if they do a bit of research

Darksith
01-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Oh but it's okay for you to tell 3-4 other posters that they are out right wrong?? 2 phone calls and 15 minutes if research and the answer was figured out

Do whatever you like, just keep it civil...its not that hard. Telling half a truth isn't any more right than me calling BS...I say its 50/50 as to who is right or wrong. 2 phone calls and 15 minutes is more than I care to spend tracking down something that is irrelevant to 99.9% of the people on this site.

Darksith
01-06-2014, 09:27 PM

oh and well then why don't you help some of the local peace residents out by telling them how rather than keeping that info to yourself...only result in you doing that would be possibly more motivation for those peeps to get out there and bag a few dogs

The Dawg
01-06-2014, 09:55 PM

If you mean a "bit of research" as in finding a cattle producer to claim the bounty on your behalf, fly at 'er

It is illegal and a scam.

The only people who can claim the bounty are cattle producers.

shallowH2O
01-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Hey Noah dawg, take a drive down to sharps and read the sign posted on their wall

PGFullMonty
01-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Here are the Pictures I promised!
Sorry it took so long, but a guys gotta work unfortunately!!!

Had to get the boys to do the grunt work...but thats why I had them!! ;-)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_1890.JPG

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Wolf_Jan_4_2014_teeth.jpg

adriaticum
01-07-2014, 01:37 PM
Nice woof!
Looks like it's been visiting my dentist.

REMINGTON JIM
01-07-2014, 01:39 PM
Excellent Wolf ! - Good on Ya ! :-D What did you Bang him with ? RJ

Clint_S
01-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Holy crap!
How long are those lower canines if you can get a measurement?

BlacktailStalker
01-07-2014, 06:21 PM
That's a really nice wolf. I'd keep that one if you don't already have one !

Darksith
01-07-2014, 10:22 PM
that is a dandy, nice work

helios
02-12-2015, 01:45 PM
If anyone has a pelt for sale, please PM me with price and info. Thanks!

Bugle M In
02-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Heard there is some kind of event going on around Quesnel....
Big Prize for the guy with the most pelts?? by a certain time I assume?

The Dawg
02-12-2015, 01:49 PM
If anyone has a pelt for sale, please PM me with price and info. Thanks!

Where do you live?

Drillbit
02-12-2015, 09:36 PM
Heard there is some kind of event going on around Quesnel....
Big Prize for the guy with the most pelts?? by a certain time I assume?

Franks Supermarket always has a derby. It's $50 to buy a ticket, then every wolf you get you get another ticket. Winning ticket drawn from a hat. Prize is usually 1500-2K rifle/scope combo.

bc_buckshot
02-12-2015, 10:01 PM
I would say send it to A1 fur traders, i just sent them my 6' plus bear but if they send me a not
so respectful cheque like last time i will be doing business with them again.

srupp
02-12-2015, 10:28 PM
Great wolf...hmm I would just get it done up hang it in the cool room and Thank you for saving some future big game..
Cheers
Steven
Im headed up in a week maybe I can find one also

180grainer
02-12-2015, 10:34 PM

Anyone knowing a Rancher in either Dawson or Fort St John who'd let me onto their ranch to hunt wolves, please PM me with details and contact info. Thanks,