PDA

View Full Version : Level Mtn Goats

stoneguide
01-03-2014, 09:45 PM
What are the chances of finding goats at level Mtn? Waste of time or worth the tag cost?

plumbcrazy
01-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Definatly easier elsewhere !

Cordillera
01-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Not a waste of a tag.

stoneguide
01-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Oh I know there are easier elsewhere plumbcrazy but that wasnt the question.

Thanks Cordillera.

plumbcrazy
01-03-2014, 10:29 PM
OK then, to answer your question. You can find goats easy. Can you take one one home? Well that's up to you. Guess it depends on more than one question!

stoneguide
01-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Doesnt really depend on any other questions. The simple question is are there goats accesable at Level Mtn. Pretty basic. Some say yes some say no. Just curious as to whether or not to pay the $350 for a goat tag to hunt there. As for can I take one home... well if they are there I wouldnt put my money on the goat!! And if I was looking for a place to hunt goats do you think id be picking Level Mtn? I think not!!

604redneck
01-04-2014, 02:59 AM
Why even bother asking the question? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_Mountain_Range\

boxhitch
01-04-2014, 05:08 AM
To get personal opinions , no doubt . Sheesh , tough crowd
Don't trust Wiki , there are no dall sheep there

SG , goats in the area , but what constitutes a 'waste' is your own label.

BEAVERBRUCE
01-04-2014, 08:47 AM
once in a while I seen goats there but they are along way from the lake. about as far as you can get & still be on the mountain.

stoneguide
01-04-2014, 09:22 AM

Thanks boxhitch. Not to worried about if I get one or not. Will carry a tag if there is a few in the area to extend the hunting oppertunity. Just didnt feel like spending $350 if there was zero chance of even seeing one, which some guys while doing my other hunt research have told me. Have done a tone of reaserch but just wanted a few personal opinions. And appreciate those that gave them. I expected the other garbage responses so its what ever there LOL

stoneguide
01-04-2014, 09:24 AM
once in a while I seen goats there but they are along way from the lake. about as far as you can get & still be on the mountain.

Thanks Bruce. If they are in the area im up for the challenge and have no issue working for them. Appciate the respone.

604redneck
01-04-2014, 03:16 PM

well since stone sheep are technically a subspecies of dall sheep there are. and to my original comment about why ask the question. He was gonna shoot people down for there comments.....maybe he would be best asking the question on AO forum.

stoneguide
01-04-2014, 03:45 PM
well since stone sheep are technically a subspecies of dall sheep there are. and to my original comment about why ask the question. He was gonna shoot people down for there comments.....maybe he would be best asking the question on AO forum.

Why would I ask about a hunting situation in BC on an Alberta forum?? Would you be trying to stir the pot?? looks that way. And why ask the question at all? Well to actually get responses from people that have been there and have first hand knowledge of the area so as not to waste my time packing a usless supplimentry tag on the hunt im going on in case I tag out early. Wasnt a question on if I could handle hunting one or if i was capable of taking one home. Just a simple question of are there goats there. And like AO there are those that really have no knowledge but still try and pretend and throw out useless comments. But really its good seeing them comments as well. Makes it alot easier to see who actually is knowledgable enough to listen to on the forums!

Oh and actually Stone Sheep arent technically a sub species of the dall sheep. Stone Sheep(O.d. stonei) and Dall's Sheep(O.d. dalli) are both equal subspecies of the thin horn species Ovis Dalli. So no Technically there are no Dalls at Level Mtn!!

604redneck
01-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Why would I ask about a hunting situation in BC on an Alberta forum?? Would you be trying to stir the pot?? looks that way. And why ask the question at all? Well to actually get responses from people that have been there and have first hand knowledge of the area so as not to waste my time packing a usless supplimentry tag on the hunt im going on in case I tag out early. Wasnt a question on if I could handle hunting one or if i was capable of taking one home. Just a simple question of are there goats there. And like AO there are those that really have no knowledge but still try and pretend and throw out useless comments. But really its good seeing them comments as well. Makes it alot easier to see who actually is knowledgable enough to listen to on the forums!

Oh and actually Stone Sheep arent technically a sub species of the dall sheep. Stone Sheep(O.d. stonei) and Dall's Sheep(O.d. dalli) are both equal subspecies of the thin horn species Ovis Dalli. So no Technically there are no Dalls at Level Mtn!!
why dont u ask the person that is sponsoring you or the guide that you are hiring? Im not stirring the pot i just thought ur original responses were quite snappy and rude.

bridger
01-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Simple straight forward question=straight forward answer! Pretty simple!

stoneguide
01-04-2014, 10:25 PM
why dont u ask the person that is sponsoring you or the guide that you are hiring? Im not stirring the pot i just thought ur original responses were quite snappy and rude.

Well do you maybe not think the person im going with wouldnt be the first person id ask? We are new to the hunting area and have done vast reasearch on it and whats there. As for the goats its been 50/50 whether its worth carrying a goat tag. Still sounds like a long shot but a few great HBC members have pm'ed some info and I thank them. Hope I can return the favor and help some guys out with the areas ive hunted of BC.

Not snappy or rude. Like was mentioned, simple question simple responses. You add more expect more back!

Wasnt like I was asking where or how to hunt them. Level mountain is a huge area, just was wondering if any members figured that there was any goats at all in the general area. I can probably figure out the rest on my own.

604redneck
01-04-2014, 10:59 PM
well i talked to somebody i know through guiding and its worth carrying for sure, i guess it depends on what species you are focusing on in the area. i trust the guy i talked to though and personally myself I would carry it from what he said. Like you said though big area.

stoneguide
01-04-2014, 11:40 PM
well i talked to somebody i know through guiding and its worth carrying for sure, i guess it depends on what species you are focusing on in the area. i trust the guy i talked to though and personally myself I would carry it from what he said. Like you said though big area.

Goat would just be an alternate tag for if we tag out early on the hunt. Ill probably spend the $350 and see how it all unfolds.

604redneck
01-05-2014, 12:52 AM
I am sure u will do fine in that area

Rackem
01-05-2014, 08:05 AM
Oh I know there are easier elsewhere plumbcrazy but that wasnt the question.
Doesnt really depend on any other questions. The simple question is are there goats accesble at Level Mtn. Pretty basic. Some say yes some say no. Just curious as to whether or not to pay the $350 for a goat tag to hunt there. As for can I take one home... well if they are there I wouldnt put my money on the goat!! And if I was looking for a place to hunt goats do you think id be picking Level Mtn? I think not!!

Wow, not testy? OK...I'll take your word for it. Sometimes hard to tell in a written format, perhaps you are smiling while saying the above? The simple question you asked was
"What are the chances of finding goats at level Mtn? Waste of time or worth the tag cost?"

Simple answer: There are goats there. So the rest is up to you.

Accessible? Are goats ever really accessible? You can see goats. You can shoot goats, but can you retrieve the goat?

Not sure how another person can answer whether something is a waste of time for you or worth the cost of a tag for you. Those seem like questions only you can answer.

Rackem
01-05-2014, 08:10 AM
OK then, to answer your question. You can find goats easy. Can you take one one home? Well that's up to you. Guess it depends on more than one question!

Can you take one home? That is a question that requires more clarification on a person's ability, determination, etc...so yes, it does depend on more questions. YOU obviously feel you are more than qualified Stoneguide, which is great. I hope you get one. But it does come across as kind of cranky. Not everyone is familiar with the legend :).

GoatGuy
01-05-2014, 12:21 PM
There are goats there. Level is a relatively high pressure area for that part of the world. Lots of caribou hunters in and out of there.

So please select a billy............... :wink:

stoneguide
01-05-2014, 01:01 PM
Can you take one home? That is a question that requires more clarification on a person's ability, determination, etc...so yes, it does depend on more questions. YOU obviously feel you are more than qualified Stoneguide, which is great. I hope you get one. But it does come across as kind of cranky. Not everyone is familiar with the legend :).

The part I guess a few didnt get of the question was... Is there goats at Level Mtn?!!!!!!! The question wasnt... Do you think I can get a goat at Level Mtn?!!!! So regardless who is or isnt a legend the question was pretty simple and straight to the point for most or at least I thought so. Maybe I gave to much credit to some. So when the run around portion of a few guys responses came up they probably did get a bit of a cranky response. I guess next time they will comprehend the question prior to giving there two cents.:-D

Rackem
01-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Just to be an overly picky asshole...that was NOT the question asked.
"What are the chances of finding goats at level Mtn? Waste of time or worth the tag cost?"

If you had said, "Are there goats at Level Mountain?", the simple answer would have be "Yes, there are goats at Level Mountain"

When you use a term like chances...and then ask about wasting time or value of tags...you open up the discussion to questions on your ability and skill level and determination.

Rackem
01-05-2014, 02:43 PM
The part I guess a few didnt get of the question was... Is there goats at Level Mtn?!!!!!!! The question wasnt... Do you think I can get a goat at Level Mtn?!!!! So regardless who is or isnt a legend the question was pretty simple and straight to the point for most or at least I thought so. Maybe I gave too much credit to some. So when the run around portion of a few guys responses came up they probably did get a bit of a cranky response. I guess next time they will comprehend the question prior to giving there two cents.:-D

If you phrased the question more clearly in order to weed out unwanted responses (because you apparently do not enjoy discussion and banter) then you would get the bare boned answer you sought. Mind you, it would only be one answer with no opinion...short thread.

To me, the joy of a forum is to see how each person responds to the OP. Thinking outside the box or the question is often enlightening and educational. Brainstorming can occur...

stoneguide
01-05-2014, 03:05 PM
What are the chances of finding goats at level Mtn? Waste of time or worth the tag cost?

Seems to me Rackem you like to keep this going so here is the original question. What are the chances of finding goats at level mountain? Not, What are the chances of harvesting a goat at Level Mountain? Or do you think I can kill a goat at Level Mountain? And not, do you think im capable of hunting goats at Level Mountain? Not is it easy to kill a goat at Level Mountain? Simply can goats be located at Level Mountain. Meaning are there goats there. Nothing even refers to the hunting of them. Just if they are found there. Again plain and simple to many or most.

The waste of time or worth tag cost is as well simple. Are there goats there? Yes then its not a waste of time. No then its a waste of time. Again nothing about me being able to harvest one or capable of harvesting one or how easy they are to hunt as a couple guys so quickly jumped in and commented. Just simply is there goats at level mountain? If so then would make buying a tag worthwhile.

shallowH2O
01-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Seems pretty simple to me stone guide. Yes there are goats at level mountain

stoneguide
01-05-2014, 03:13 PM
If you phrased the question more clearly in order to weed out unwanted responses (because you apparently do not enjoy discussion and banter) then you would get the bare boned answer you sought. Mind you, it would only be one answer with no opinion...short thread.

To me, the joy of a forum is to see how each person responds to the OP. Thinking outside the box or the question is often enlightening and educational. Brainstorming can occur...

There is only one answer. Can goats be located at Level Mtn? Yes or No. So there is only one right answer. Either they live there or they dont. How do you debate that?

Rackmastr
01-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Stoneguide...my guess is Rackem is going to have the last word on this one. 3000 posts since August would suggest that this 'banter' probably shall continue for a while! Haha

stoneguide
01-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Seems pretty simple to me stone guide. Yes there are goats at level mountain

Thank You!!!! LOL Wow sorry guys seemed like a simple question. Didnt mean for the run around.

stoneguide
01-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Stoneguide...my guess is Rackem is going to have the last word on this one. 3000 posts since August would suggest that this 'banter' probably shall continue for a while! Haha

Heck Rack im at work and dont got alot better to do. And ive never turned down a good "Banter" LOL

Rackmastr
01-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Heck Rack im at work and dont got alot better to do. And ive never turned down a good "Banter" LOL

Haha ya that's very true man....

stoneguide
01-05-2014, 03:34 PM
haha ya that's very true man....
lol .

Rackem
01-05-2014, 03:39 PM
LOL so beautiful, I think I'm getting teary...hahhahaha!

Yeah bored at work too...but things might get interesting around here soon...looks like the Mill will run again soon...

dana
01-05-2014, 03:54 PM
Level mountains are all a matter of perspective. They can be level when turned on their sides.

stoneguide
01-05-2014, 04:22 PM
When you use a term like chances...and then ask about wasting time or value of tags...you open up the discussion to questions on your ability and skill level and determination.

Here Ill close your questioning of my ability, skill level and determination Rackem.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/scan000314.jpg
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC01278.jpg
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCF0556.jpg
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCF0643.jpg
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/PIC_00351.JPG

stoneguide
01-05-2014, 04:24 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCF0538.jpg
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCF0829.jpg
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCF0394.jpg

stoneguide
01-05-2014, 04:27 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCF08331.jpg
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/228.jpg
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCF1392.JPG

stoneguide
01-05-2014, 04:30 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCF1405.JPG
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/510.jpg

Gateholio
01-05-2014, 04:30 PM
If the goat tag is supplemental , what's the prime quarry?

I think the original question has been answered so I will just stay out of that. :)

Rackem
01-05-2014, 04:31 PM
hehehe I am very familiar with the "legend" LOL! But nice pics, thanks for sharing!

stoneguide
01-05-2014, 04:34 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCF1317.JPG
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCN1148.JPG
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCN1435.JPG
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCN19831.JPG

stoneguide
01-05-2014, 04:34 PM
If the goat tag is supplemental , what's the prime quarry?

I think the original question has been answered so I will just stay out of that. :)

Late season Caribou.

Gateholio
01-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Should be good and a fun time!

stoneguide
01-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Will be fun. If we get some critters it will just be a bonus. Late season backpacking will be an adventure as well. Look forward to the new country.

frenchbar
01-05-2014, 06:02 PM
are rackmastr n stoneguide bros.you 2 sure look alike..nice photos by the way !

Rackmastr
01-05-2014, 07:20 PM
No brothers here!

eric
01-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the Pics Stoneguide. That will certainly wet the appetite for adventure....very nice

Everett
01-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Cousins?

I am assuming not of the kissing variety:-D

LBM
01-05-2014, 08:09 PM

As already stated select a billy and read a current copy of the B.C. Regs before you go I believe the regs have changed since you shot your last nanny.

Rackmastr
01-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Cousins?

I am assuming not of the kissing variety:-D

Hahaha....not cousins, brothers, and don't think either of us are an orphan! LOL

Bigbullsh$tter
01-05-2014, 08:15 PM
I was wondering when you were gonna shut the critics up Darcy

BiG Boar
01-05-2014, 08:25 PM
As already stated select a billy and read a current copy of the B.C. Regs before you go I believe the regs have changed since you shot your last nanny.

There is a perfectly good reason he shot that nanny.

Also, I would not ask if they are there, I would ask, how far would I have to walk to find them. I'm sure you're capable of walking/packing great distance, but if you're first taking and packing out 2 late season foot deep snow kawdy/level herd caribou, an 8 mile walk through 6 foot tall buck brush, with late season gear will be a definite challenge. I wish you luck though. A late season goat for a hurtin albertan (what do you guys give out 6 tags now?) would be one heck of a trophy.