PDA

View Full Version : Catch & Release Video (Test)

Jim Prawn
01-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Trying to share video from Photobucket for the first time. Was hoping to get it so the video would show automatically on here without you having to navigate to photobucket but see if this works.....

http://s859.photobucket.com/user/JimPrawn/media/Fishin2013wmv_zps43ff63f0.mp4.html

JP

plumbcrazy
01-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Nice work there Prawn! Maybe one day I'll have Figuered this whole photo bucket thing out and post some pics too!!
JB out

Hammerhead
01-03-2014, 05:20 PM
The link showed up but I don't think that's what you wanted. Sorry can't tell you what to do different but I'm sure someone will. Very cool video the double header release is cool and the under water footage.
HH

adriaticum
01-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Great video. Thanks JP

dragonslayer
01-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Awesome video Jim, how do you set music to the video ?

rides bike to work
01-03-2014, 05:58 PM
Way to over exhaust those fish then wipe all there slime off over handling them. And that net didn't look very release friendly.
You owe it to the fish don't you know!

other then that nice vid;)

Jim Prawn
01-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Awesome video Jim, how do you set music to the video ?

I use a Sony program called Vegas Movie Studio. Its a bit complicated but I'm getting used to it.
JP

albravo2
01-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Nice job Jim.

kennyj
01-03-2014, 07:27 PM
Awesome!! Very cool footage.
kenny

Jim Prawn
01-03-2014, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=rides bike to work;1441826]Way to over exhaust those fish then wipe all there slime off over handling them. And that net didn't look very release friendly.

Um, haha, I guess??...

Sitkaspruce
01-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Cool video Jim

If you just want us viewers to just see the video and nothing more, make sure your PB account is private. Also, click on the IMg codes, just like for posting pictures and you will get the video showing. It still goes to PB, but there is not much you can do about that.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab157/JimPrawn/th_Fishin2013wmv_zps43ff63f0.jpg (http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab157/JimPrawn/Fishin2013wmv_zps43ff63f0.mp4)

Cheers

SS

dmace
01-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Way to over exhaust those fish then wipe all there slime off over handling them. And that net didn't look very release friendly.

other then that nice vid;)
Great vid Prawn !
I use the same rubber net , made specifically for catch and release .
Don't know if I've ever overplayed a fish before ? only managed to release a few !
D

5 spike
01-04-2014, 07:38 AM
Nice work there Prawn! Maybe one day I'll have Figuered this whole photo bucket thing out and post some pics too!!
JB out

Well watcha waiting for get on it.Hows it going buddy would love to see those pics.

Wood butcher
01-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Nice vid Prawn. Some good footage there.

I think maybe someone has fallen off their bike and hit their head :shock:
net and release techniques look good to me.

thanks for posting.

coach
01-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Great video, JP. Thanks for sharing.

Caveman
01-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Nice video, interesting choice of music. Good work!

Wild one
01-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Nice video love how clear the water is but the music selection made me stop watching half way through :razz:

BlacktailStalker
01-04-2014, 12:24 PM
Thanks for that, good job. As for buddy who said poor handling and net, he was about as gentle as you can be aside from not handling the fish completely.

Jim Prawn
01-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Nice video love how clear the water is but the music selection made me stop watching half way through :razz:

Guess a few guys missed the pun....:confused:
JP

Jim Prawn
01-04-2014, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=Wood butcher;1442129]Nice vid Prawn. Some good footage there.

I think maybe someone has fallen off their bike and hit their head :shock:
net and release techniques look good to me.

Thanks for the backup WB, had me a little befaffled too! That rubber net works great and the majority of the fish dont even get touched except the picture worthy ones! Dont worry, I'm saving some good stuff for video night too!
JP

Jim Prawn
01-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the photobucket info Sitkaspruce.
JP

rocksteady
01-04-2014, 09:35 PM
That is disgusting... You released fish, so that others May catch and have a good time... You are a terrible sportsman JimPrawn... :)

landphil
01-04-2014, 09:38 PM
I reported a certain post in this thread earlier today, but either the mods haven't had a chance to muck out the stall, or crapping on peoples success threads is still more acceptable here than has been said. Thanks for posting Jim, I hope you won't be detered from sharing more.

rides bike to work
01-04-2014, 09:51 PM
That was probably my post
i was just kidding
thats why I put one of these ;)

I used to frequent a fishing forum but the saints on there were worse than the hunting saints on here everyone ripped each other appart for improper fish handling.
I guess it was kind of an inside joke and I had a little buzz on

sorry if anyone was offended.moslty the op it was a good vid where were you fishing?

hey this reminds me of when I was on the fishing forum;)

avadad
01-04-2014, 10:26 PM
Nice post JP. I spent years as a trout bum and have released many fish. Thanks for helping others to realize the right way to release them and get them to recover and grow big for someone else.

betteroffishing
01-05-2014, 09:31 AM
i got the sarcasm rides bike , there are some on here though whom wouldnt have thaught twice about posting those same words and meaning them. and op , nice vid and i liked the music selection , i will survive , get it , the trout released all survived , too funny.

Jim Prawn
01-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the reply biker. I did think I could sense some sarcasm but it was hard to tell, hence my earlier reply. Thanks for clarifying, I have heard that the fishing forums can be brutal! The footage is all from Cowichan Lake. There are also a couple rainbow in the mix despite the title.
JP

landphil
01-05-2014, 02:28 PM
That was probably my post
i was just kidding
thats why I put one of these ;)

I used to frequent a fishing forum but the saints on there were worse than the hunting saints on
here everyone ripped each other appart for improper fish handling.
I guess it was kind of an inside joke and I had a little buzz on

sorry if anyone was offended.moslty the op it was a good vid where were you fishing?

hey this reminds me of when I was on the fishing forum;)

Yes, it was your post as the sarcasm was completely lost on me, thanks for the clarification and appology, and sorry to make a big deal out of what was intended as a joke. I guess I took offence because I'm tired of the sort of comments (without the joking) deterring wonderful pics, movies, and stories from being posted here on the site. Tight lines, and tight groups.

Oh, and since 2013 wasn't a good fishing year for me, I'm digging back to my 2012 season for a trout pic to share, the big version of the one in my profile. Was an evening I'll not forget for a very long time. And yup, I ATE it!!:mrgreen:

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad301/landphilsite/070.jpg