PDA

View Full Version : arrow flight

mcmullmar
01-03-2014, 04:30 PM
When I shoot from my compound bow the arrow seems to kick off to the left, after about 10 yards it is back on track and at 15 yards it is right on target. Is this normal? I had to move the arrow rest quite a bit to the left so I had adjustment to the right on my sight. I just want to make sure I didn't go too far with the arrow rest.

Thank you

knockturnal
01-03-2014, 07:04 PM
shoot it through paper at 5 yards and the rip will tell you everything. ive always been a firm believer in my arrows flying straight from the get go so every little bit of tuning helps.

BDN9
01-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Google Easton bow tuning guide. It's very helpful. I paper tune and then bare shaft tune. Your arrow shouldn't be kicking like that.

mcmullmar
01-03-2014, 07:32 PM
I will check into it. Thank you

Bowzone_Mikey
01-06-2014, 10:43 AM
http://shootingtime.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/paper%20tuning%20a%20bow/tuningguide.jpg

once you are squared away with a good tear .. do some walkback tuning

you may find that with a good walkback tune you might still have a slight tear

My Hoyts were happy with a 1/8-1/4 inch tear, my martins were happy with almost a 1/2" tear ... both my elites shot bullet holes and were happy, a Mathews I shot was good with slight tear ..
all were slightly high and left ... indicating a weak spine and slighltly high nock ... but they all seemed to fly straight and line up

This Pic is for a right handed shooter, the L&R tears would be reversed for a Lefty

Bowzone_Mikey
01-06-2014, 10:47 AM
At first glimsp of your post my imediate thought is your arrows are too weak ... Turn down your draw weight and see if that fixes it a bit

mcmullmar
01-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Went to the Easton website as suggested. for a rough tune without paper it looks like my arrow rest was out. Made some adjustments and the arrow looks better now. I do want to try the paper test. Thanks for your input

mcmullmar
01-17-2014, 04:36 PM
Ok, did the paper test and found that the arrow rest was off. I adjusted it until I had the ideal cut through the paper. Then I tried to sight the bow and was not able to adjust far enough to the right. Crappy accessories that come in a bow package. Bought a trophy ridge 7 pin micro sight. Got my bow sighted now and all is good.
Thanks everyone for your help.