PDA

View Full Version : 4 cougar attacks near Opsrey lake

4cefedomni
01-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Crazy my family has a place on Link lake road and I was just there snowmobiling with my Fiancé and brother between Christmas and New Year's Eve! It's a small cat and there have been no serious injuries yet but it's obviously very desperate and is going to continue attacking. Here's the link to the Osprey lake community website with the attack info. http://www.ospreylake.ca

4cefedomni
01-03-2014, 02:18 PM
It's the Kamloops CO that services that area and it sounds like he has had his hands full and lost a dog to a cat in Kamloops the other day. Probably why he couldn't respond right away

doubled
01-03-2014, 06:29 PM
This cat wont last. Round up a posse and kill the damn thing yourselves.

abbyfireguy
01-03-2014, 06:49 PM
If the CO's can't respond right away they should contract a private cat hunter. Keep people safe.. How could you defend someone getting maimed or killed??

BlacktailStalker
01-03-2014, 06:51 PM
No $, mo' problems. Need a cat to eat harpers daughter (if he has one) or someone along those lines to get the funding lol

4cefedomni
01-03-2014, 07:02 PM
I wish I could take care of it. I got an electronic predator call for Christmas, but I've got other plans this weekend and can't get back up there. Hopefully the COs were able to get some dogs on it today.

One Shot
01-03-2014, 07:02 PM
No $, mo' problems. Need a cat to eat harpers daughter (if he has one) or someone along those lines to get the funding lol

Not a nice thing to say. Either way you are off base here as BC wildlife issues are a funded by the Prov. not the feds.

adriaticum
01-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Too bad there are no hunters in Kamloops :rolleyes:

BlacktailStalker
01-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Not a nice thing to say. Either way you are off base here as BC wildlife issues are a funded by the Prov. not the feds.

You're missing the point.
It's about the extent of what would have to happen to see more $ and nowhere did I refer to specific funding sources.
lol; laugh out loud.

I guess it would be nicer if this cat killed a small child instead or 12 pets, you should contact the proper authorities to tell them not dealing with this cat "is not a nice thing to do"

Lozzie
01-03-2014, 08:41 PM
Sounds to be a desperate juvenile, it could be that the mother was killed by hunters or other animals. From the research I've read the majority of attacks on humans by cougars are by juveniles such as this or are animals that are sick and desperate. To those who don't know it is the she cat which trains the young for the first two years, teaching them what prey to go after and how to hunt. When the mother is removed from this process prematurely the young become opportunists which usually equals problems for household pets and young children. It is legal to kill female cougars but that doesn't make it ethical. Unfortunately this cat will have to be put down or will die of starvation.

Mathil
01-03-2014, 11:23 PM
It's about the extent of what would have to happen to see more $ and nowhere did I refer to specific funding sources.
lol; laugh out loud.

I guess it would be nicer if this cat killed a small child instead or 12 pets, you should contact the proper authorities to tell them not dealing with this cat "is not a nice thing to do"

I think the point is people should stop sucking the government teat and take care of business themselves. There's months of open season left, and plenty of people who like killing them.

Or we could just compile the list of everything everyone wants the government to do, approve it, and then realize we need to tax everyone 105% of their income to get it done...

CDB
01-09-2014, 12:55 AM
That's crazy, we were at the tee pee lakes cabins from the 29th to jan 1. We had the whole family up their ice fishing. That cat would have been introduced to the defender pretty quickly if I seem him around the kids, then again I probably wouldn't have had a clear shot and it would have gotten away just like the rest of the critters that skunked me this season.

davet
01-09-2014, 09:59 AM
is there a "like" button ?
I agree. But its kinda sad when we have to look at hunters to deal with problem animals.

lol; laugh out loud.

finngun
01-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Too bad there are no hunters in Kamloops :rolleyes:

whatta brick...havn't yu heard about jello:mrgreen::confused: best of the best.giv him a call..hi'll get a cat notime no need haunds ..just snowshoes

REMINGTON JIM
01-09-2014, 11:49 AM
whatta brick...havn't yu heard about jello:mrgreen::confused: best of the best.giv him a call..hi'll get a cat notime no need haunds ..just snowshoes

JELLY can BARK like a BLUE TICK hound - have you never heard him on here howling ! :-D LOL RJ

BCHunterTV
01-09-2014, 12:23 PM
tracks seen jan 8th KVR thru Link Lake

M.Dean
01-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Where abouts is this area??? And, I'd bet if the call went out that the CO's wanted a few Cat Hunters with there dogs to help get this Cat, there would be a line up of Trucks with Dog Box's parked on every road in that area! Hope they get it!!!

BCHunterTV
01-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Hard sell to cut a tag on a 60lb cat,

tracker
01-09-2014, 03:52 PM
crappy place to run a cat around there , a lot of private land, busy road through the middle of the valley .Lots of shit for the hounds to get into..