PDA

View Full Version : Duck boat blind

Kane Krespan
01-01-2014, 01:27 AM
I am new to duck hunting. I have a 12ft aluminum that i would like to hunt out of. I have seen on you tube some do it yourself boat duck blinds. Has anyone got suggestions on making a blind or is it not necessary

Salty
01-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Hey Kane happy new year and welcome to the site. I'm not much of a duck hunter but I was looking at cammo netting at one of the big box stores for cheap. If you could figure out some kind of frame.... tent poles? it wouldn't take much to drape some of that stuff over it and be way more hidden

edgy
01-01-2014, 09:51 AM
Check out the waterfowl hunting section of this site, there is a sub section dedicated to duck blinds. You can go cheap as Salty suggested, buying camo netting from Canadian Tire, or most sporting goods stores, and build your own frame, or spend more, check Cabelas.com for their pop up frames for boats, it's all up to you, but in the end you will have more shooting opportunities with your boat cammoed up than without. Good luck

sherpa-Al
01-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Happy New year. I had a lightweight 12' aluminum boat that I semi converted to a duck/goose blind. I painted it camo inside and out, camo paint on the seats and oars as well. I made a camo cover that fit over my motor when I was done traveling out to the hunting area, and a small one to cover the gas tank as well. I'd hunt the tidal flats which is littered with big stumps and logs, so I'd just float around at mid to high tide and the ducks and geese rarely spooked when approaching the boat, I assume because it looked similar to the debris that was already out there. It was also roomy enough for my lab and decoys, and the dog had no problems jumping out to retrieve.

Al