PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hunt spring Grizzly 7-38 7-39

rafike
12-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Trying to plan a hunt anyone know the area
pete

monasheemountainman
12-31-2013, 06:05 PM
You got the draw already? How did you do that?

moosinaround
12-31-2013, 06:40 PM
Expensive camping trip!!

swampthing
12-31-2013, 07:28 PM
I am a 7-39 regular. Will send you a pm into the new year.

emerson
12-31-2013, 07:44 PM
7-39 can be inaccessible due to snow until June. I tried May long 2 years ago; I was 1week too early.

Rackmastr
12-31-2013, 08:11 PM
Expensive camping trip!!

Expensive camping trip, but pretty affordable grizz hunting trip!!!

emerson
01-01-2014, 09:28 AM
Expensive camping trip, but pretty affordable grizz hunting trip!!!
Not really. It's a long way back. Fuel, tires, time, tight schedule due to snow, very little other traffic
in case of breakdowns etc. Worth the trouble, but not not inexpensive, especially if there is a vehicle problem.

Sitkaspruce
01-01-2014, 10:09 AM
So pretty amazing grizz in that country. It's not that far back; yes you do need to be prepared, but you should be prepared when ever you head into the back country. Bring what you would normally bring and carry a few extras. Gas is your biggest concern, but a cheaper way to get around, whether bike or quad does help and they save wear and tear on the tires and main vehicle.

That is beautiful country and has some great bears, timing is one of the biggest things, too early and you will run into snow, too late and they can be rubbed. Usually, the last two weeks of May allow for good access and the bears are out moving around. But that depends on the timing of the spring.

And when we start putting a cost on an adventure like that, we lose site of the reason we go inn the first place.

Cheers

SS

BCHunterFSJ
01-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Not really. It's a long way back. Fuel, tires, time, tight schedule due to snow, very little other traffic
in case of breakdowns etc. Worth the trouble, but not not inexpensive, especially if there is a vehicle problem.

Blew my transmission - my son towed me out to the highway with his truck - towed to Prince George with a tow truck from Mackenzie. Ouch!!!!
However, it is beautiful country and I did bag a very nice grizzly back there on a previous trip!

GoatGuy
01-01-2014, 11:08 AM
If you get the draw I'm sure there will be plenty info for ya. Seems to be more and more people one here who have made the trip up there.

Nice country.

emerson
01-01-2014, 03:32 PM
And when we start putting a cost on an adventure like that, we lose site of the reason we go inn the first place.

Cheers

SS

Very true. Somehow my hunt costs are usually presented in units of "new flooring" etc by my business manager.:???:

Rackmastr
01-01-2014, 05:54 PM

If I have a vehicle problem its expensive no matter where I hunt, and ANYWHERE north is a ton of fuel for me....haha. It is remote and rough country, so the odds of having some issues do go up and I wouldn't go without some good planning and prep work.

I'd say its affordable as hell, but that's really a difference in what a guy would call 'affordable'. Coming from Alberta where I wasn't able to hunt grizz, being able to draw and hunt one for the cost of fuel, food, gear, time, etc is downright cheap and a priceless experience. Differining opinions on what a cheap hunt is I guess, but if I can spend $500-1000 on a hunt like grizz, stones sheep, caribou, etc I'm pretty happy. Course if my transmission blows while I'm deer hunting near Cranbrook its going to be expensive regardless!! LOL

My comment was only based on the fact that you called it an 'expensive camping trip'. I guess I just don't see it that way considering the opportunity to hunt grizz and be in some pretty awesome country with the opportunity that we have. Hunters from around the world would kill to have something at their fingertips. But yes....its remote and rough country and isn't a hunt that a guy is going to do by just hopping in the truck and going for a drive. It requires time and planning and commitment no doubt.

chinookkiller
01-01-2014, 10:07 PM
So pretty amazing grizz in that country. It's not that far back; yes you do need to be prepared, but you should be prepared when ever you head into the back country. Bring what you would normally bring and carry a few extras. Gas is your biggest concern, but a cheaper way to get around, whether bike or quad does help and they save wear and tear on the tires and main vehicle.

That is beautiful country and has some great bears, timing is one of the biggest things, too early and you will run into snow, too late and they can be rubbed. Usually, the last two weeks of May allow for good access and the bears are out moving around. But that depends on the timing of the spring.

Cheers

SS

please check the synopsis,no bike or quad could be use in that two area。
in five years I had been these area three times,very hard to found good area for GB,we finally did bag one nice male in one of these hunt,but that spend our two weeks and tons of gasline!

emerson
01-01-2014, 10:28 PM
The most difficult part in 7-39 is having a flexible enough schedule to work around the snow in the pass to get deep into the unit.

Rackmastr
01-01-2014, 10:29 PM
The most difficult part in 7-39 is having a flexible enough schedule to work around the snow in the pass to get deep into the unit.

No doubt....last year compared to this year for snow levels could be dramatically different! Spring melts, snow levels, and road construction can all throw some wrenches into the 'best laid plans'

swampthing
01-04-2014, 10:14 AM
your pm box is full.

rafike
01-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Thanks
just emptied

moosinaround
01-04-2014, 09:33 PM
I'd hunt those mu's for grizz during the fall when the huckle berries are ripe! Lots of grizz in the huckle berry patches. Bumped many while doing silviculture surveys!! Moosin