PDA

View Full Version : Youth hunting licence

delboybc
12-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Hi All

My daughter wants to go deer hunting next year.

Her birthday is in august so she will be 14yr for the start of the youth season in September.

Just looking through the regs and I see that they have a youth license but looks like it’s only good if you are under 14.

She just started high school and is a bit freaked out with doing a 2 day core course.

Just wondering if I am reading the regs correctly?

Del

Badlands62
12-29-2013, 09:40 PM
It was changed and is valid until they turn 18.. She will have to go onto your tags. My daughter got her junior license this past year.

delboybc
12-29-2013, 10:01 PM
It was changed and is valid until they turn 18.. She will have to go onto your tags. My daughter got her junior license this past year.

Thanks for the info, she will be happy with this. I see the info is correct on the ministry website about the youth license.

BigfishCanada
12-29-2013, 10:03 PM
You can sit with her for the course, if the teach says you cant find a new teacher. She can hunt your deer tag if you just want her to hunt without her own. My boy passed the core at 12 years old, they need more attention purely because of nerves. Kent at the firearms training center in Cloverdale does a GREAT job with the youth.

Steeleco
12-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Let her try one season on the youth licence. Even if she only shoots grouse and rabbits you'll both know if she wants to the rest of the way and get her hunter number.