PDA

View Full Version : estuary duck hunting tips, what ya got?

Dutch Ppoacher
12-29-2013, 07:34 AM
we have been hunting the estuaries lately cause we cant find an birds on the fields around here. playing with the tide posses some problems
would like to here a few tips from you boys and girls if you have any for this scenario

DP

3mk
12-31-2013, 05:19 PM
As of late the ducks have been real shy. I have Been setting Up around 5,30 6,00 the duck fly out of the fields around this time. It is something to see and hear the wind from there Wings .I hang out in my blind till the tide pushes the ducks in

shotgunjohn
01-01-2014, 09:41 AM
The tide tables are your best friend. Usually the best hunting is on a big flood tide but watch you don't get stranded. Wind and rain or snow will have the birds moving more. Be prepared for some of the birds to have a more "intense" flavour than field ducks. Like all duck hunting scouting where the birds like to hang out will greatly increase your shooting opportunities.

field marshal
01-01-2014, 11:40 AM
The tide tables are your best friend. Usually the best hunting is on a big flood tide but watch you don't get stranded. Wind and rain or snow will have the birds moving more. Be prepared for some of the birds to have a more "intense" flavour than field ducks. Like all duck hunting scouting where the birds like to hang out will greatly increase your shooting opportunities.
What rain John????? We are still waiting for it on the South Island??????---Cheers---Field Marshal.