PDA

View Full Version : Cool mtn goat photo

kilometers
12-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Licking salt in Montana
http://i42.tinypic.com/27xot91.jpg

dabber
12-24-2013, 11:06 PM
And this is why I tell new hunters that you can not go were a goat can go. So make sure you can get to it if you shoot it.I've been shit scared and said I wont do it again, But.......

RiverOtter
12-25-2013, 01:18 AM
Goats are simply amazing animals.....

gerrygoat
12-25-2013, 08:50 AM
I never tire of looking at them it is absolutely amazing where they can go. Definitely the most sure footed animal in N.A.

SingleShot
12-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Looks like it's defying gravity. Unbelievable!

tomahawk
12-25-2013, 09:39 AM
I've seen a lot of crazy places where goats can get in and out of, but that one looks unreal!!! Would love to see a bigger picture and see how it got there cause it doesnt look possible?

kennyj
12-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Very cool photo! One of the most awesome critters around.
kenny

Brez
12-25-2013, 12:00 PM
......and people wonder why the meat is tough sometimes. They are simply amazing!

Sitkaspruce
12-25-2013, 02:59 PM
I did my school thesus on Mt goats in the WK, studing the affects of the Castlegar mill on goat populations. I was hooked the first time I saw one. I could not believe the country they lived in and how they moved effortlessly among the cliffs and rock faces.

My old climbing teacher told us a story once where they climbed up to a ledge and set up a sleeping pad. The next morning they awoke to a nanny and kid standing on the ledge staring at them, then off they went and in 20 min they were up over the top. It took my teacher and his partner all day to cover what the goats covered in 20 min.

They are my fav mountain animal and one of the toughest to hunt, both physicaly and mentaly.

Thanks for posting

Cheers

SS

ryry4
12-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Incredible picture. Truly and amazing animal.

First Up
01-01-2014, 09:07 PM
http://rs1298.pbsrc.com/albums/ag51/yardape1/011_zps77734f43.jpg~c200?t=2254550640
I find goats amazing as well. Here is a billy I mounted for myself.

srupp
01-01-2014, 10:06 PM
hmmm Robert Bateman the artist, did a study on goats for a painting he did..he was trying to demonstrate the goats amazing ability to just appear stuck to a flat sided mountain cliff...and he based it off real goat images..by and by the painting was done and he asked some folks to comment on it before it was truly ready to be called finished..

All those who viewed the almost finished painting immediately got uncomfortable and didn't like it..when asked why they all concluded that it appeared the goat had worked its way into an impossible position and was unlikely to stay attached to the cliff..no escape and in immenent danger of certain death..

Robert Bateman added a "hint" of a escape ledge , a mere whisper of a possible foot hold...immediately the following set of viewers loved the painting and the goats ability to Velcro itself to the cliff face...far less dangerous looking than the reality Bateman observed for the concept sketches...

amazing animals

Steven

warnniklz
01-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Recent goat picture I acquired... pretty close to a bateman. He's obviously full rut. Terrain looks like goaty terrain. Lush greenery down low and snow up top. And so high up, you get dizzy and the sun looks funkadelic

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1558558_10153669825855387_1473306639_n.jpg

.300WSMImpact!
01-03-2014, 06:15 PM
I did my school thesus on Mt goats in the WK, studing the affects of the Castlegar mill on goat populations. I was hooked the first time I saw one. I could not believe the country they lived in and how they moved effortlessly among the cliffs and rock faces.

My old climbing teacher told us a story once where they climbed up to a ledge and set up a sleeping pad. The next morning they awoke to a nanny and kid standing on the ledge staring at them, then off they went and in 20 min they were up over the top. It took my teacher and his partner all day to cover what the goats covered in 20 min.

They are my fav mountain animal and one of the toughest to hunt, both physicaly and mentaly.

Thanks for posting

Cheers

SS

is that why the deer park goats have basically disappeared too?