PDA

View Full Version : squamish main fly fishing

Vancouver1234
12-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Hey everyone, been fishing for a while but i have never done any fishing for trout in the winter, and i am very eager to do so! I have a basic idea of where to go along the squamish river, just wondering what flys woulld work well for bull trout ect. right now. Or what gear would even work. Thanks for the help and have a meerrry xmas

markomoose
12-24-2013, 10:28 PM
I lived there for 12+ years.I-m no expert but I would try any type of egg pattern/pink/orange & white for flys.I used to do well on the mamquam & cheakamus rivers for bulls while trying to catch steelhead.I personally would stick to those smaller streams for trout.Be aware though those bull trout can get up to 10lbs & an 8 to 10 weight fly rod is helpful.Also some minnow patterns are effective.Those guys are carnivores!

Wild one
12-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Big heavy bunny leech in white or sculpin patterns will catch bulls

The Silent Stalker
12-25-2013, 02:07 AM
Brown and Olive wooly buggers can hit also. When all else fails, grab a spinning rod and chuck an orange and gold hammered croc. I've caught my biggest bull trout(12lbs+) on the croc and have seen bigger landed on the same croc. See you out there, I live right where the mamquam hits the squamish, fishing in the winter is awesome. PM me if you want a few some direction as where to start.