PDA

View Full Version : Ladner duck/geese hunting

ads7
12-22-2013, 07:31 PM
So my friends and I are pretty new to waterfowl hunting and we've been out to the end of river rd in the marsh on foot as well as once in the boat to get out to some of the smaller islands but still no luck. We have been using calls, unfortunately no decoys (Is that the main problem?) and I would appreciate any pointers anyone could give me.

bandit
12-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Tides, time of day and weather play a huge part in duck hunting. Every spot reacts differently so there is no advice that will work everywhere. So best to plan your trips according to the tide and weather conditions. No amount of robos, decoys and calling will work if the ducks aren't there.

f350ps
12-22-2013, 07:49 PM
If you don't have a Robo that would be my first investment but Kudu is the best for local knowledge, he'll be here any minute! K

ads7
12-22-2013, 07:58 PM
wheres the best place to purchase a robo seeing how I live in Richmond and dont want to have to go too far

Foxton Gundogs
12-22-2013, 08:12 PM
1st go pick up a doz deeks watch the sales 40-60 bucks. A robo works sometime and will flare them other times they are nice but not any magic bullet by any means. Bad calling is worse than no calling practise anywhere BUT the blind. Learn to read the tide, wind and weather. Scout scout scout. Pay your dues and learn through your failures. Most of all enjoy the ride