PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun chokes for dummies?

Cdn-Redneck
12-21-2013, 09:40 AM
What is the difference between the chokes that came with my Benelli Supernova and after market chokes. Is a choke that has a .710" constriction the same whether it is factory or aftermarket. I have been using imp. cyl. With good success so far.

d6dan
12-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Here you go. Great tubes for all shotgunners

http://www.choketube.com/

Kudu
12-21-2013, 02:49 PM
What is the difference between the chokes that came with my Benelli Supernova and after market chokes. Is a choke that has a .710" constriction the same whether it is factory or aftermarket. I have been using imp. cyl. With good success so far.

If you have never shot a goose using a paternmaster code black in that super nova - you really have no idea what you are missing.......

Dutch
12-22-2013, 01:35 AM
Aftermarket chokes are held to higher tolerances usually than stock chokes. One thing I have found after patterning 2 exact same guns with after market chokes is how they handle different loads .Exact same guns with 5 identical factory loads mine liked Kent my partners worked way better with winchester the results were quite astonishing, 30% difference in pattern density, worth the money you decide:confused:

Cdn-Redneck
12-22-2013, 07:33 AM
That is the info I have been looking for. I was more curious if it was all marketing or fact. So far I have had good luck with my gun much better than what I was shooting. I just got my Benelli a couple weeks ago and haven't patterned it just took it hunting and have been hitting way more ducks with it.

pnbrock
12-22-2013, 07:44 AM
dutch is right patterning is worth the effort.i was shooting what my gun hated!!

Cdn-Redneck
12-22-2013, 07:54 AM
I am going to try a few different loads and see what happens. I have just been shooting the 1550fps 1 1/16oz winchester xperts so far. I haven't changed because I have been hitting ducks with these ones. Going to try a couple different brands and see what happens.