PDA

View Full Version : Bill to the balls

303Brit
12-20-2013, 08:05 PM
So, we have finally got some kind of weather again. Lorne and I decided to try and squeak in a quick hunt after work today. We raced down to the field, got things sorted and the weather levelled off, no wind no pecip just overcast. Watched a mess of birds trade around Lards didn't want much to do with us at first, got a couple Widge to commit hard. We pick of birds here and there. We were getting don into the last 30min of shooting light. When the lards started to cooperate a lil. Including a pair of Drakes the came in hard on full cupped dive from the heavens, till about 20 yds they flaired right into us I sit up and let the led bird have it. As soon as I hit it, I knew it was going to land in Lorne's blind I giggle a lil and then realize the second bird was now in range I turn and shoot it and turn back just in time to watch Lorne catch the bird with his knees however the life birds head swung forward during the rapid deceleration and smoked Lorne right in the jiblets. This is the 3rd time in 3 years I have landed a dead bird in Lorne's blind :D
The finally tally was 11, birds didn't really start moving again until 20min past legal
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1528622_10151772540311610_1939777624_n.jpg

Ron.C
12-20-2013, 08:15 PM
very nice.....

field marshal
12-20-2013, 08:35 PM
You're shooting must have improved since the last time I saw you????? Ha Ha,???:mrgreen: Cheers---Field Marshal.

BiG Boar
12-20-2013, 08:37 PM
A bill to the balls....ouch

Was it a flapper at least?

303Brit
12-20-2013, 08:48 PM
You're shooting must have improved since the last time I saw you????? Ha Ha,???:mrgreen: Cheers---Field Marshal.

Nah Tony I got a fancy new semi, birds die at the mere sight of it ;)

lorneparker1
12-20-2013, 09:44 PM
Ive been hit by birds around 10 times now in my hunting career. Everytime it never seems like its gonna hurt, its just a bird right? But imagine a 3 lb weight being tossed at you from 60 feet at 20 miles per hour. That's how it feels. Now imagine that hitting you in the sack. That's how it felt.

Still a fun hunt though!

xfactor
12-20-2013, 09:48 PM
Haha! That's good times in the blind! here's to many more:)

Dutch
12-21-2013, 12:41 AM
My old hunting partner got hit in the head by a widgeon,blinded him for 12 hours spent the night in the hospital.Kamikaze duck ,now the really weird part three days before he told me that he dreamed HE GOT HIT BY A DUCK IN THE HEAD,do not know if it was just a fluke but it was a fact,I swear on my mothers grave , he also shot a pile of ducks every year so maybe it was time ,

bogman
12-21-2013, 10:45 AM
My old hunting partner got hit in the head by a widgeon,blinded him for 12 hours spent the night in the hospital.Kamikaze duck ,now the really weird part three days before he told me that he dreamed HE GOT HIT BY A DUCK IN THE HEAD,do not know if it was just a fluke but it was a fact,I swear on my mothers grave , he also shot a pile of ducks every year so maybe it was time ,

Saying that he shot a "pile" of ducks is a wee bit of an understatemant

pnbrock
12-21-2013, 10:47 AM
who doesn't like a little beak??

Fella
12-21-2013, 10:50 AM
It's almost Christmas so he went for the giblets!

wicket
12-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Ive been hit by birds around 10 times now in my hunting career. Everytime it never seems like its gonna hurt, its just a bird right? But imagine a 3 lb weight being tossed at you from 60 feet at 20 miles per hour. That's how it feels. Now imagine that hitting you in the sack. That's how it felt.

Still a fun hunt though!

Beauty hunt.. don't sweat the activity after legal light just means they could get in there and feed without pressure. glad you weren't hurt with the bird lorne. I had a buddy try to catch a canvasback on st clair for some reason and the broken wing drove a hole thru his had and got badly infected. he had an iv antibiotic pump on him for quite awhile. wife calls me a pessimist but I always figured I would get my neck snapped by a bird I didn't see coming down and id die in the loon shit, suppose there is worst ways to go.
have a safe holiday season guys
doug

Dutch
12-24-2013, 12:50 AM
Saying that he shot a "pile" of ducks is a wee bit of an understatemant

Ok lots of piles bahaha

Weatherby Fan
12-24-2013, 01:12 AM

You used to hunt with that guy ? Did u get to shoot anything ?

Big Lew
12-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Who would have thought you should wear a 'cup' for duck hunting. On a side note, 2 days ago I witnessed squadrons after squadrons of geese coming from the coast and landing in Nicomen Island fields in the late afternoon. Talked to a farmer owning some of the fields and he estimated at least 2000 birds were on his land.