PDA

View Full Version : Cowichan Bay Hunting Signs

Ron.C
12-19-2013, 05:17 PM
A couple weeks ago, I noticed all the signs posting the legal hunting areas in Cowichan Bay and the ex-Dinsdale Property were spray painted with "No Guns No Dogs". Obviously someone has a hair across their arse about hunters and dog walkers.

Anyway, today on the way home from work I noticed all the signs were removed? Can't see anyone of authority doing so without posting a new sign. Last thing we need is someone new to the area going for a nice walk and getting spooked when we start shooting at ducks. Or flooding the COPs/CO phone lines claiming a public safety issue because they are mis-informed about the legality of hunting there.

longshot
12-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Before hunting the dinsdale call the rcmp and tell them you will be there. That way when someone calls them, (always happens) the mounties know whats up. Easy 2 minute call. The popo arent that educated on hunting in the area. That way they wont interrupt your hunt and only call you if need be.

As for the bay there should be a sign right at the gate, just like the Blackly enterance side of the bay.

Longshot jr.

Ron.C
12-20-2013, 12:34 PM
As for the bay there should be a sign right at the gate, just like the Blackly enterance side of the bay.

Longshot jr.

The sign at the Blackly entrance has been removed too.

longshot
12-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Oh how lovely.. well hopefully people dont start slashing tires on trucks with stickers again like they did when i was little, about 12 years ago haha.

marshman,
12-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Are you saying the Dinsdale property is open without permission? since when?

longshot
12-20-2013, 03:28 PM

No. Need permission and still only open to honkers.

Ron.C
12-20-2013, 04:54 PM

no, not what I was saying. I'm saying the signs at several access points were all vandalized, then removed with no new signs erected.