PDA

View Full Version : Bass pro to delta

Dutch
12-19-2013, 12:05 AM
Just heard through the grapevine BASS PRO coming to the new mall in Tsawassen, save your dollars could be someting big in next years wish list...

Sofa King
12-19-2013, 12:09 AM
why tsawassen?
might as well just go to the states, that's almost there.
I just went to tsawassen for the first time ever this summer.
came back from the island on the tsawassen ferry.
never, ever again.

Wentrot
12-19-2013, 08:47 AM
This has been spoken about for a year now.Anyone have confirmation? My hopes are not to high after the disappointment wholesale sports became.Cabelas across the border is only a couple hours away.

Glenny
12-19-2013, 08:51 AM
That mall wont be up for at least a couple of years.

curt
12-19-2013, 08:58 AM
smartest place to put any big store is the fraservalley its the gate way to all the provinces hunting and fishing i dont get the logic of putting it anywhere near delta!?

HIGHRPM
12-19-2013, 09:04 AM
Well, I live there and I really don't see it coming here, a terrible location for any big store. People on the highway running to catch the ferry arn't really going to go shopping before grabbing their boat ride and people getting off the ferry just want to get home after a long day. The whole development location makes no sence at all. But the Native band has decided it's a good venture for them. Would I like the Bass Pro to come, hell yah, but I don't see it happening.

Dutch
12-19-2013, 09:25 AM
I have been to several Bass Pro shops and they are not close to anything resembling a "outdoor"area.The one in Denver is bigger than any Cabelas I have seen and is Downtown the Baltimore one is closer to the bay but still in suburbia,really not that surprised build it they will come,agree though really stupid location for a "mall"

adriaticum
12-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Delta allows hunting and discharge of firearms on good part of its land.
Its a good way to reward that.
Plus they should probably get as far away from wholesale sports if they dont want to saturate fraser valley market.
If this is true, its a good idea imo.

Deeboe
12-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Won't be stepping one foot in that mall... The deal was done in a crooked manner by Gordon Scambell without listening to concerns of the Tsawassen residents. Don't mean any disrespect to those involved but it was in my opinion (and this is simply just my opinion) a shady deal that didn't give all those involved an opportunity to be heard.... Bass Pro or not--won't be going there.

Not to mention it is a lousy location....

markt308
12-19-2013, 10:11 AM
I will go to see this store if it comes but I am a small town guy and I will always support the shops that have been there my whole life. These big business stores don't give a $hit about you or the mom and pop shops that they will burry when they come to town.

1/2 slam
12-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Just checked their website...no mention of it. Three more Canadian locations back east and Tacoma Washington.

adriaticum
12-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Won't be stepping one foot in that mall... The deal was done in a crooked manner by Gordon Scambell without listening to concerns of the Tsawassen residents. Don't mean any disrespect to those involved but it was in my opinion (and this is simply just my opinion) a shady deal that didn't give all those involved an opportunity to be heard.... Bass Pro or not--won't be going there.

If you've ever been to Bass Pro shop, believe me, you will.

panhead
12-19-2013, 11:06 AM
I bet the "best li'l lure house" in Ladner is sweating. Good old fashiond small town shop where you can sit around the counter and BS. I live in Tsawwassen and just don't see how that mall is going to make it. Doesn't make sense to me but I guess it doesn't matter if it's taxpayer money.

RINO
12-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Don't like their Redhead Brand of clothing...
But with the new expansion down on the farmland and the South Perimeter Road in place, I could imagine it happening... Free shuttle service for the Islanders to and from the Slip...

f350ps
12-19-2013, 11:15 AM

What did Campbell have to do with a mall being built on FN land? K

Leaseman
12-19-2013, 11:15 AM
The mall is a reality....actually it is built as two malls that join into one, once the building is done. It will be bigger than west Edmonton mall with over a million square feet of retail space.......

f350ps
12-19-2013, 11:22 AM
Google CrossIron Mills, the FN mall will be a copy of that one. When it was being built everybody said it wouldn't work because it's in the middle of nowhere and apparently now you can't get a parking spot, who knew? K

biggyun68
12-19-2013, 11:26 AM
This would suck for Still Water Sports:
I would rather see the store at 200 street and the number 1 - if it is going to be a "gate way" store

Deeboe
12-19-2013, 11:33 AM
What did Campbell have to do with a mall being built on FN land? K
They were never permitted to build there (used to be agricultural land) until Gordo signed a treaty with them giving the band "municipal authority". Once that happened, plans commenced. Against the wishes of most Tsawassen residents.
I have no issue with FN but that land should have remained ALR. Besides---one million square feet?? It will be wasted construction. Who will shop there? They think vancouver island with travel to spend money they don't have there?? What a waste of good land that is rapidly depleting. Like I said-I won't shop there. But that's just me...

RINO
12-19-2013, 11:33 AM
This would suck for Still Water Sports:
I would rather see the store at 200 street and the number 1 - if it is going to be a "gate way" store

Duke Point instead of Departure Bay I'm thinking???

f350ps
12-19-2013, 11:52 AM
They were never permitted to build there (used to be agricultural land) until Gordo signed a treaty with them giving the band "municipal authority". Once that happened, plans commenced. Against the wishes of most Tsawassen residents.
I have no issue with FN but that land should have remained ALR. Besides---one million square feet?? It will be wasted construction. Who will shop there? They think vancouver island with travel to spend money they don't have there?? What a waste of good land that is rapidly depleting. Like I said-I won't shop there. But that's just me...
I agree that it should have remained Ag land, that land was one of my favorite spots for ducks and geese. That said, there were a lot of stakeholders at the negotiating table hammering out that treaty and I'm certain Campbell wasn't one of them. As much as I despise that pr$ck I think the Feds take the majority of blame on this one. K

Kudu
12-19-2013, 12:03 PM

Build it and they will come.........

I told this board 6 months ago that this was happening and everyone thought I was brain farting.....eish!

Deeboe
12-19-2013, 12:03 PM
The demand here is greater I know, but still interesting

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5zPkm2SU1DM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D5zPkm2SU1DM

Salty
12-19-2013, 06:55 PM
I've been to BP in Calgary twice when visiting out there. Its a trip I'll give them that... big ol two story fish tank with massive trout including 10 pounders in this little fake creek they made. First trip I'm like WTF :lol: Its big, everything is big. But looking around I find a definite lack of screaming deals. :? Huge selection though no doubt. I'm glad I;ve checked it out but I'll probably give it a pass next time we're out there.

browningboy
12-19-2013, 11:29 PM
We are one of the three teams on that mall, bass pro is 100% in there in a large way, 56000 sq ft or so, owners are Cambridge Ivanhoe

*bcgold*
12-20-2013, 12:04 AM
You know this is 11 month old news that Bass Pro is coming.

boxhitch
12-20-2013, 03:18 AM
Won't shop there til they come up with a 'basspro.ca' site with Canadian pricing and availability info.
They can't be bothered to cater to Canucks , I won't bother phoning.

adriaticum
12-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Won't shop there til they come up with a 'basspro.ca' site with Canadian pricing and availability info.
They can't be bothered to cater to Canucks , I won't bother phoning.

lol if you want canadian pricing just add 30% to the retail price and offer to pay that. They will take it.