PDA

View Full Version : PAL + CORE Test

12-13-2013, 10:27 PM
I have a few buddies from my fire Hall that want to get a licence. wheres the best place to challenge the test without taking the class?

valleycowboy
12-14-2013, 08:25 AM
http://bcwf.net/index.php/core-sub-2

sawmill
12-14-2013, 08:43 AM
Do they know anything about hunting and fire arms safety?Animal I.D.?Or are they just looking for the easy way.?
I got no problem with guys who know their shit but I ain`t a fan of newbies trying to get around the fence.

BCOUTDOORED
12-14-2013, 09:47 PM
I do it. Im in Mission.do they have their pal?

hickman
12-16-2013, 09:46 AM
I would certainly recommend taking a PAL course. It is essential knowledge and behavior around firearms that you need to have, also for the sake of other hunters out there!
As for the C.O.R.E. I would not take it again, it is a waste of time and especially money - totally useless! If you have a little common sense you will pass! Key is to focus on animal I.D. which they do not really teach you, they go over it but you still have to learn it from the CORE manual. I do not need anyone reading a CORE manual to me, I can read it myself... Buy a manual, read it and go back to the key sections, focus on animal ID. Study the regs as well. There are a few questions in the test that relate to the regs and how to use/ read them.

mike-juliet
12-16-2013, 03:58 PM
I am a Core Examiner in Langley, I will allow challenges if they student already has a PAL, if they do not have a PAL then they must do the course.

Sleep Robber
12-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Kent Archibald in Cloverdale runs a good course, he does both C.O.R.E and PALS, great surroundings, very informative, very easy going, good pizza for lunch plus free cookies and snacks as well as free soft drinks of all kinds too.

Bonus is there's some nice animals on the walls to look at as well !!

Google his name and you'll find what your looking for.

mike-juliet
12-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Kent Archibald in Cloverdale runs a good course, he does both C.O.R.E and PALS, great surroundings, very informative, very easy going, good pizza for lunch plus free cookies and snacks as well as free soft drinks of all kinds too.

Bonus is there's some nice animals on the walls to look at as well !!

Google his name and you'll find what your looking for.

http://firearmsafetytrainingcourse.com/

Kent does an Incredible job! Anyone who wants to do the course I refer to him. He is arguably the biggest training center in BC for PAL/CORE. I give him a helping hand when his classes fill right up from time to time.

lineofsight
12-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Can send a PM to me.

To avoid any misunderstanding, are your buddies aware that PAL challenges involves ACTS and PROVE on multiple actions (seems to be a misconception that you only need to know one action and as a result are unsuccessful). Are your buddies aware that the test is based on standards (which may not coincide with how they were taught - i.e. use of safety).

---

I've watched a person with extensive vocational firearms experience select cartridges to load into a rifle based mag & cartridge length... (after all, there are only three types of ammo - handgun, shotgun, rifle...).