PDA

View Full Version : Morris LK

Wild one
12-13-2013, 10:00 AM
As a kid I hunted the creek that flows out of Morris Lake and was thinking of bringing my wife there on the weekend.

There was a farm years ago that let you access the creek but I am hearing his gates are now closed is this true?

Also is the lake frozen at this time because I may resort to taking my boat across the lake if you can no longer get there on foot?

Just don't want to drive out there and not be able to access the area. The wife does not get a lot of chances to get out so I don't want to waste one of her few days she can.

Wild one
12-14-2013, 01:47 PM
I guess no one has info on the area or no one is willing to share any info on the area.

I am headed out tomorrow regardless and will just have to drag the boat with a back up location in mind.

Steeleco
12-14-2013, 04:08 PM
If your talking Morris lake right near Weaver lake I'd have to say you can't get in there anymore. IIRC the last time I tried to get in there to fish it was gated and I had to walk quite a ways in. In days of old you could drive right up the the outflow stream and fishing was great. These is a few really nice homes right on the way in, I suspect they are the reason for the gate?

If you can't get in there just drive the Harrison west FSR and keep an eye pealed in the many cut blocks, you may just get lucky!

Wild one
12-14-2013, 04:16 PM
If your talking Morris lake right near Weaver lake I'd have to say you can't get in there anymore. IIRC the last time I tried to get in there to fish it was gated and I had to walk quite a ways in. In days of old you could drive right up the the outflow stream and fishing was great. These is a few really nice homes right on the way in, I suspect they are the reason for the gate?

If you can't get in there just drive the Harrison west FSR and keep an eye pealed in the many cut blocks, you may just get lucky!

Thanks that saves me some grief looks like it will be plan B

Looking for ducks not deer so I don't think cut blocks will help much :mrgreen:

Steeleco
12-14-2013, 08:09 PM
The post in the Marsh thread should have been a good clue huh!! Never did learn how to read LOL

mungojeerie
01-13-2014, 09:34 PM
Havent been in there for years, but the last time I did yes the property that used to give access is now closed to access... I had to bushwack for another angle... it wasn't too bad, but I think I would stick with one of the many other areas...