PDA

View Full Version : lynx calling techniques

elkguide
02-07-2007, 09:06 AM
I noticed that some of you guys use digital calls to call in lynx, my question is what sound and what technique are you using that is succsessfull in calling in lynx....I bought a call that looks similar to the one I've been seeing and wonder what is the best way to use it ( set up positions etc). thanks guys.

Chuck
02-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Here's a "Quote" from an article by a cat caller.
"Those who do dedicate time exclusively to calling lions (cats) express varying opinions on proper technique, but all agree that the hunter should call for at least an hour at each stand. Some say the calling should be continuous, with decreasing volume at intervals. Others use the exact same methods they use to call coyotes. They call, pause, and call again, decreasing volume slightly each time. They just make longer stands. To deliberately call a lion (cat), you must first put yourself in a position to be stalked by it." Wind doesn't seem to be as big a problem with cats as with dogs, as cats primarily use sight as well as a homing-in instinct when stalking. Therefore a remotely operated caller is preferred to avoid getting a surprise. He also suggests full camo.