12-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Ok so I thought it was a moose track. Commence mockery! ;-P

http://stabs.org/rabbit.JPG

j270wsm
12-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Those are rabbit tracks

ru rancher
12-10-2013, 11:25 AM
hahahahahahhaha where you seriouse about those being moose tracks or was this a joke thread?? lol

Weatherby Fan
12-10-2013, 11:27 AM
classic wabbit twacks ! but we used to call them moosy wabbit twacks back in the day :wink:

adriaticum
12-10-2013, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I think bunnies.

Wild one
12-10-2013, 11:32 AM
There is moose in the lower mainland but those are not moose tracks

goatdancer
12-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Is that another picture of "duallie's" foot??????????

caddisguy
12-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Seriously?! But they were 5 feet apart and heading into a swamp? Ok you guys have 10 more minutes to make fun of me and then I am deleting this thread.

ru rancher
12-10-2013, 11:39 AM
hahaha i cant even say anything kinda speachless

caddisguy
12-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Dang. I can't delete the thread either. Uhhh, ok, you got me... it was a joke thread, I swear ;-P

ru rancher
12-10-2013, 11:46 AM
hahahah you can just keep beliveing that but its okay might not happen everyday but once in awhile hahahahahhaha

eric
12-10-2013, 11:47 AM
hahahahahahah....you said to make fun of ya...hahahahaah

Rich_D
12-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Know the difference...... It could save your life.

http://www.exploringnature.org/graphics/tracks/tracks_moose72.jpg

http://www.exploringnature.org/graphics/tracks/tracks_snowshoe_hare72.jpg

ru rancher
12-10-2013, 12:07 PM
hahaha i once for a second thought a rabbit track was a yote track but just because i was driving on my quad backed up saw the hind legs and the huge toes and said nope rabbit ahahha

Weatherby Fan
12-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Dang. I can't delete the thread either. Uhhh, ok, you got me... it was a joke thread, I swear ;-P

Dont worry buddy, I doubt your the first guy to think that and you won't b the last !

caddisguy
12-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Dont worry buddy, I doubt your the first guy to think that and you won't b the last !

I felt a little better when I saw this: http://sectionhiker.com/indian-head-mt-pemigewasset/

adriaticum
12-10-2013, 12:44 PM
I felt a little better when I saw this: http://sectionhiker.com/indian-head-mt-pemigewasset/

stawamus chief.

Singleshotneeded
12-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Der's a moose loose in Caddis' hoose! :-D Oh hell no, it's just a wascally wabbit!

MRP
12-10-2013, 12:56 PM
My hunting partner and once followed the biggest moose tracks we ever saw. Huffing and puffing up a big hill I stopped a took a better look, that is with out the T bones and antlers clouding my vision. Saying the my partner HAY JOE those are caribou tracks.

panhead
12-10-2013, 01:59 PM
It's a ....rain deer ...

adriaticum
12-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Know the difference...... It could save your life.

http://www.exploringnature.org/graphics/tracks/tracks_snowshoe_hare72.jpg

something is wrong with this picture

TexasWalker
12-10-2013, 02:50 PM
something is wrong with this picture

Looks fine to me?

adriaticum
12-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Looks fine to me?

Hind legs in front on back legs. Toes are pointing up.
I guess one would have to see more tracks for this to happen.

ru rancher
12-10-2013, 04:09 PM
thats how a rabbit walks most of the time they put there hind legs infront of there back legs then hop forward this is exactly how the track looks then a big jap to the nest one think about what it actually would do jumping through the forest and itll make sence

adriaticum
12-10-2013, 04:14 PM
thats how a rabbit walks most of the time they put there hind legs infront of there back legs then hop forward this is exactly how the track looks then a big jap to the nest one think about what it actually would do jumping through the forest and itll make sence

Right, looked unnatural when I saw one track and front legs behind.

Mishka
12-10-2013, 04:15 PM
I have to admit, when moose hunting last year in the deep snow, there were a few times when rabbit tracks caught my eye and I had to look carefully at them. In the deep snow the front and rear paw prints were closer together and looked like one print, about the size of a moose. Mind you, after a careful look, I knew what they were...:wink:

landphil
12-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Caddis, I really hope your laughing at this by now. 'Cause its mean to laugh AT someone, but OK to laugh WITH someone, and I just can't stop chuckling. Thanks for cheering me up, I needed it today.

caddisguy
12-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Caddis, I really hope your laughing at this by now. 'Cause its mean to laugh AT someone, but OK to laugh WITH someone, and I just can't stop chuckling. Thanks for cheering me up, I needed it today.

Anytime. I knew that not opening with a joke here on my first post would come back to haunt me one day. Debt paid, but that interest is really what gets ya!

Though if I find a moose limping around with a frozen rabbit stuck to its foot, someone owes me a beer.

landphil
12-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Anytime. I knew that not opening with a joke here on my first post would come back to haunt me one day. Debt paid, but that interest is really what gets ya!

Though if I find a moose limping around with a frozen rabbit stuck to its foot, someone owes me a beer.

Damn, moose with bunny slippers! No wonder I didn't connect with one on our LEH moose trip, I was looking at the wrong tracks:).

markomoose
12-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Closest moose tracks i ever saw to lower mainland was up the mountain behind furry creek and yes they where definately moose.can anyone beat that geographically??? I,m interested!

Mishka
12-10-2013, 05:48 PM

LOL, now that made me laugh!

Weatherby Fan
12-10-2013, 06:10 PM

Hell Ill buy you whole case if you show that to HBC.......to funny, best joke by a new member ever !!

Rich_D
12-10-2013, 06:18 PM

Hell I'll give you a beer just for this great thread. Lol

redthorn
12-10-2013, 06:23 PM
CaddisGuy, If this was from your trips to the Skagit, there are actually moose in there. We've seen them numerous times.

TexasWalker
12-10-2013, 06:44 PM
lol

You are right.

Maybe if you saw more tracks you would know this.

TexasWalker
12-10-2013, 06:47 PM
they put there hind legs infront of there back legs

a big jap

Big jap or small I don't know how anything puts its hind legs in front of its back legs??

caddisguy
12-10-2013, 06:50 PM
CaddisGuy, If this was from your trips to the Skagit, there are actually moose in there. We've seen them numerous times.

Yep! It was around 30-35km. There's some meadow and swamp around there that looks moosey to me... almost as moosey as the rabbit tracks I might add. Coincidentally I do see a lot of snowshoe hare in that area.

Camping/fishing there extensively for 15+ years, I think moose, grizzly and wolf are about the only reported critters I have not seen. Very cool you have seen the elusive Skagit moose. I'm guessing it is a wintering place for some?

Rich_D
12-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Big jap or small I don't know how anything puts its hind legs in front of its back legs??
Deer do it.
Dogs do it.
Cougars do it.

This pic illustrates it pretty good. Look at where the back feet are about to land. Right in front of the front feet.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5235/6939091530_084132bcbe_z.jpg

Sofa King
12-10-2013, 07:23 PM
two-toed samsquatch.

BiG Boar
12-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Not a lot, but if you drive up the skagit a few times each winter, you will see moose tracks. They make there way down out of manning park is my guess.

Yep! It was around 30-35km. There's some meadow and swamp around there that looks moosey to me... almost as moosey as the rabbit tracks I might add. Coincidentally I do see a lot of snowshoe hare in that area.

Camping/fishing there extensively for 15+ years, I think moose, grizzly and wolf are about the only reported critters I have not seen. Very cool you have seen the elusive Skagit moose. I'm guessing it is a wintering place for some?

redthorn
12-10-2013, 08:17 PM

Yup seen them in there too. You seen the elk up there?

panhead
12-11-2013, 12:49 PM
I remember a few years back a news clip that showed a copper standing beside a dead moose in the Bellis Fair shopping mall and he figured it came from the Chilliwack river valley. Hoping a lot more show up so I can cut my fuel bill down ... although I'd probably still head north for more eddication ...

RB2
12-12-2013, 01:12 AM
Closest moose tracks i ever saw to lower mainland was up the mountain behind furry creek and yes they where definately moose.can anyone beat that geographically??? I,m interested!
Really? never would have thought. sure it was not elk

Foxtail
12-12-2013, 10:04 AM
I didn't see tracks but a couple years ago when heading out on a trip driving on the number one between chilliwack and hope, I saw a moose standing on a grass landing about 50 yards off the highway. My buddy in the back seat verified it and said it was definitely a moose. We went back to try and get pics but it was gone.

rbest
12-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Ok so I thought it was a moose track. Commence mockery! ;-P

http://stabs.org/rabbit.JPG

I think it was one of these!

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy159/rbesty11/untitled_zps9db58d9f.png (http://s787.photobucket.com/user/rbesty11/media/untitled_zps9db58d9f.png.html)

Glenny
12-12-2013, 02:45 PM
You're not alone. I met back up with my hunting buddy back at the truck once and he said (with a perfectly straight face) he saw some tracks. "They were either moose or rabbit" he said. It just sounded so funny to me I was rolling on the ground laughing.

ACE
12-12-2013, 04:23 PM
I have to admit, when moose hunting last year in the deep snow, there were a few times when rabbit tracks caught my eye and I had to look carefully at them. In the deep snow the front and rear paw prints were closer together and looked like one print, about the size of a moose. Mind you, after a careful look, I knew what they were...:wink:

The depth of the track in the deep snow wasn't a clue in your track analysis? Some rabbits weigh as much as a moose, and some lay chocolate eggs ... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: