PDA

View Full Version : Predator huntin

B-rad
12-09-2013, 01:12 AM
Just wondering if anyone going out after coyotes or wolves lately I went out today and called 2 in 45- to an hour,,,,,I been out 4 times in week and half and only 1 day nothin showed up,,,,,got no shots today,,only had 12 gauge with me experimenting with new sights that fit on ribbed barrels,,,today woulda been trotting shots bout 80-90 yards

two-feet
12-09-2013, 10:17 AM
At the risk of publicly humiliating myself, I will admit to missing a shot on a wolf as well as a shot on a coyote in the last month. I suck! I will need to get set up with a bipod or some such device as the off-hand shots are not working for me.

Drillbit
12-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Had a great November, put lots down (coyotes). Time to get the old Ski-doo out now though!

adriaticum
12-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Hey lads, do you know where one might get fur processing tools, like fleshing boards, fleshing knives, etc...; in Lower Painland?

emerson
12-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Don't know about LML, but google Halford's mail order in Edmonton. Great storefront operation if you are in town there too.

Dannybuoy
12-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Hey lads, do you know where one might get fur processing tools, like fleshing boards, fleshing knives, etc...; in Lower Painland?
all I ever used is a couple of 1x4's for the boards .... ask Pete what he uses . he does over 100 coyotes a year

Doostien
12-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Just wondering if anyone going out after coyotes or wolves lately I went out today and called 2 in 45- to an hour,,,,,I been out 4 times in week and half and only 1 day nothin showed up,,,,,got no shots today,,only had 12 gauge with me experimenting with new sights that fit on ribbed barrels,,,today woulda been trotting shots bout 80-90 yards

What are you using to call wolves in? I bought a FoxPro Wildfire last year and I've been using it with limited success. I've managed to get them close a few times but never got a shot in. Generally I'll use a wolf sound or wounded animal if I know they are close by. Any advice? I'd love to get a nice wolf pelt this winter.

B-rad
12-09-2013, 03:51 PM
I had all my skinnin tools handed down to me from grandfather,,,,,easy to make stretching boards though,,,,,,,,,,I use about 15-19 crow decoys with a fox pro just on outside of spread and a knight and hale cotton tail call,,,,,i call coyotes in bout 80-90% of the time works excellent,,,,and if no dogs come in I just practice my wing shooting on the crows,,,,I can never have to many crow feathers for fly tying lol

~T-BONE~
12-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Crow decoys ehh???? I'm thinking I'm gonna have to try this! Nice!

B-rad
12-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Yup,,,works good,,,but in conjunction with something they feeding on,,,,hence the fox pro on outside of spread