PDA

View Full Version : Dawson Creek or Hudsons Hope for Bull Elk Dec 1 -Feb 28- HELP

taylor1
12-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Hey there guys and girls,

I got drawn for 7-20 zone A for elk From Dec 1 -Feb 28.. Im trying to find some info for hunting around there and specifically Hudsons Hope or Dawson Creek,

Any info like landowner names, where to go, or where to start really is greatly appreciated!

Thanks a ton!

taylor1
12-11-2013, 06:25 AM
i would really appeciate any help, im not looking for your specific honey holes just a general starting point, Thanks a ton!

moosinaround
12-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Dawson creek or Hudson hope. That's a pretty good general starting point!!

BiG Boar
12-11-2013, 07:49 AM
I'll add this. Point your truck north, and press the pedal on the right.

In all seriousness, what was going through your head when you put in for the draw?

"Well..... looks like good odds of getting that one. Always did wanted a big bull elk! I'll put in there and come out with a plan mid December."

Have you called CO's in the area? That would be a start. They are usually fairly helpful.

Did you do either of these things?

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?100604-Peace-River-Elk-LEH&p=1404506#post1404506

tinhorse
12-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Ive hunted there and for elk and there are quite a few farmers that are very helpful and others that don't allow hunters. Find elk on a field and ask permission very politely. Works on the island too for blacktails..:-D

nor'wester
12-11-2013, 08:08 AM
The elk winter in the farmer's fields and kick the crap out of them...if there's too much snow they even go after hay stored right in/around farmyards...generally they're a nuisance and most farmers are more than happy to have you come in and chase em away. Just ask around.

whitetailsheds
12-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Tinhorse and nor'wester's comments are bang on!!!

StoneChaser
12-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Real helpful bunch....no wonder I frequent this site less and less. Check your inbox....sent ya the name and location of a rancher.

moosinaround
12-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Real helpful bunch....no wonder I frequent this site less and less. Check your inbox....sent ya the name and location of a rancher.
i have helped many a HBCer over the years, been helped out myself too! But really someone who posts a post like this one, isn't or ha sent helped himself IMO!

Hammerhead
12-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Hey Taylor1
Pm sent. good luck
HH

kako99
12-11-2013, 08:54 AM
I'll add this. Point your truck north, and press the pedal on the right.

In all seriousness, what was going through your head when you put in for the draw?

"Well..... looks like good odds of getting that one. Always did wanted a big bull elk! I'll put in there and come out with a plan mid December."

Have you called CO's in the area? That would be a start. They are usually fairly helpful.

Did you do either of these things?

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?100604-Peace-River-Elk-LEH&p=1404506#post1404506
lol you probably took his words right out of his mouth with this one.

dhog
12-11-2013, 01:37 PM
you can contact MOE and they sometimes have a list of ranchers that will allow you to hunt I have an older copy pm if you want me to send it to you

BiG Boar
12-11-2013, 02:22 PM

Hey sometimes it takes jackass comments from guys like me, for guys in the know to feel sorry for the poor sod and help a guy out. Consider it a free bump, with a slap on the arse to the hunter!

The Dawg
12-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Especially when the OP feels the need to send a PM to someone bashing them for not helping!

Douche move Taylor- work for it the way most of us do. Contribute to the forum, lend a hand.

I'm really sick of the sense of entitlement- "it was a second choice, I can't scout....blah blah blah"

I really hope you don't feel your damn tag now.

Bowzone_Mikey
12-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Hey there guys and girls,

I got drawn for 7-20 zone A for elk From Dec 1 -Feb 28.. Im trying to find some info for hunting around there and specifically Hudsons Hope or Dawson Creek,

Any info like landowner names, where to go, or where to start really is greatly appreciated!

Thanks a ton!

why would someone who is from Kimberly ... put in for a second choice elk draw up north ..and get it when I know several people that didnt get drawn for that same draw as first choice ...

something smells a little Trollish here

srupp
12-24-2013, 04:58 PM
hmmm I got the same draw on my first try...always willing to listen to helpful individuals...will head up early January..my PM has lots of room for messages...

Merry Christmas to all and your loved ones....

cheers

Steven & Susan

Darksith
12-24-2013, 05:05 PM
wheres a mod when you need 1...come on fellas, its xmas