PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Amazing Response

tinhorse
12-06-2013, 01:59 PM
I wrote an email to Bushnell Canada yesterday about a pair of Legend Binoculars that I have had for years. I Damaged them on a hunt. Here is my letter to them, and their response.

MY EMAIL SENT THURSDAY DEC. 5th

Hi there I would like to inquire about ordering in a a new twist up eye cup piece for my Bushnell 12 x 50 legend binoculars. Model # 19-5012.

One of the slotted metal rings has been slightly bent (see attached pics) and now the eye cup does not twist in and out in a smooth fashion. This happened on a hunting trip. Luckily I was still able to use them. After taking a little slide down a hill they hit against a rock. When I tried to twist out the eye piece it was very tight. I figured now that the metal was slightly bent. It took a lot of force to twist out, and this may have bent it further.? It seems like an easy fix and I would like to avoid sending in the entire set as I can easily replace it myself if I have the part. Your company has always been fantastic about your warranty work (had a scope replaced with a better model free of charge under warranty 10 years back).

Attached is a couple pictures of the piece I would like to order if possible. It is off of the left side of the binoculars.
I love your products and am a huge Bushnell fan from your range finders to scopes and binoculars. I hope you can quote me a price and I can get it shipped out.

Thank you very much

Here is their Response SENT TODAY DEC 6th

Hello Mike,

Our warranty doesn't cover damage from impact, but since the damage seems to be localized to only the twistup eyecup and because we have one on hand, we will just drop it in the mail to you at no charge per goodwill. Please do note however that if your binoculars experience any misalignment of the optics, then they should be sent in for service assessment.

We will mail the twistup eyecup out to you today.

Regards,
Bushnell Canada Repair Lab
repairlabcanada@bushnell.com (repairlabcanada@bushnell.com)
1-800-361-5702 ext. 613

Thank you Bushnell !!!!!

frenchbar
12-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Cool...you went about it the right way. good on bushnell!

BiG Boar
12-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Probably could have bought the new high end bushnell binos though for the cost of shipping. No?

tinhorse
12-06-2013, 04:14 PM
I didn't ship anything and they are sending me the piece for free, no shipping cost. It is a small piece but they didn't have to do what they did.

Dutch
12-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Good for you, had a legend that would not focus at full zoom ,3.5 months later sent me a new complete scope ,was wondering a bit but they did come through, oh it was a factory flaw,,,

Everett
12-06-2013, 06:03 PM
A good Bushnell warrant story now I have seen everything possible on HBC:-D

Jagermeister
12-06-2013, 06:13 PM
WOW! That is quite unexpected. At least they are proactive.

tinhorse
12-06-2013, 06:48 PM
The Holiday Spirit must be stirring at their work shop.

markomoose
12-06-2013, 07:16 PM
You praised their product which I feel goes a long way.I believe most suppliers know news like this travels fast.If they want to survive in this business it,s in their best interest to service the customer not tell them they-re S.O.L.

Pioneerman
12-06-2013, 07:27 PM
I have always used Bushnell for close to 40 years and never had a issue they did not take care of. Only every been 3 things personally for me, one that might have been my fault with damaged tube on scope, but they replaced no problems. I had another old scope fog up they replaced brand new. Once was bore sighter loose inside and again brand new free replacement. I have insta focus rubber armored , water proof binos that just started fogging a little bit last week. Talked to them and just have to send them in for probable replacement, almost 30 years old too

swampthing
12-07-2013, 03:44 PM
I had a similar experience with them about 10 years ago. Sent me new turret caps free of charge after I left mine at the range. Nothing wrong with their service.

~T-BONE~
12-07-2013, 05:40 PM
I had a similar experience with them about 10 years ago. Sent me new turret caps free of charge after I left mine at the range. Nothing wrong with their service.

Had the same results just this week!

Foxton Gundogs
12-07-2013, 06:40 PM
I bought a bore sighter in the mid 70s it finally packed it in last year. Sent it back and about a month latter received a new one no questions asked. Returning a scope next week so hopefully it will go as smooth

Chopper
12-07-2013, 11:22 PM
PFFFFFTTT ... I remember when leupold USED to be like that

Chopper
12-07-2013, 11:23 PM
HA !!! I remember when Leupold was better that Bushnell !

Gateholio
12-08-2013, 12:18 AM
I've sent a number of items back to Bushnell. They usually take a looong time but usually just replace the item. I've never got a Bushnell product repaired, they just chuck them and send you a new one. 2 scopes and one LRF IIRC.