PDA

View Full Version : where to go.. coyote hunting....

hoochie
02-06-2007, 04:08 AM
any suggestions for where I can take a few shots at coyotes in the Valley area? Maple ridge to Hope?
I've worked up some loads for the .243 and I am wanting to get some practice in. Been to the range, and have found the sweet load...
now... where can I go to shoot coyotes?
Anyone having a problem they need some help with?

BearSniper
02-06-2007, 07:12 AM
Ya thats the trouble...

Abby and Chilliwack have tons of farm areas where Yotes are plentiful but you can't shoot here. I have them in my back feild and watch them prowling 20 meters away from my kitchen window. Of course if you have a bow you're in business, but you want to try your .243 .

I have seen tracks on Herrling Island because the regs say theres a Whitetail herd in there. I have also seen many Yotes just below the Hope slide by Sunshine Valley. But you have to get 400 meters away from the highway and the cottages in there.

The only other suggestion is the Chilliwack valley road but the same rules apply- 400 meters from the road and watch out for the residences in there.

I have taken a few yotes east of Manning park up the Pasayten FSR and Copper creek FSR but its all snowed in now.

Also come spring, up by Tulameen is a good bet.

good luck

lapadat
02-06-2007, 07:36 AM
Hooch

Try some farmland in the deroche/dewdney area. Check the Fraser Valley Special Area Regs about discharging a centerfire.

lap

HighCountry
02-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Hoochie!
Try around hemlock valley,l was there two weeks ago test it out my new
truck. I saw lots of coyote on the road and clear cut try out.

hoochie
02-07-2007, 02:36 AM
thanks high country.. sounds like a plan!