PDA

View Full Version : Late Season Area Advice

Tuckster
12-03-2013, 03:30 PM
So I have 2 weekends left to fill a tag and get some meat in the freezer. I was planning on heading up to Ashcroft area (towards HVC) for a late push on a muley or whitetail. Unfortunately I hear the roads are pretty coated and with snow right now and without chains it would be tough. So I may be SOL for that one.....

Anyone have any advice on accessible areas right now within 4-5 hours of Vancouver? I've heard things about Meritt, but have never been through there.

Should I give up and harass Pemberton blacktails? anyone think a BT buck is a better chance than a 4pt Mulie?

Not looking for secret spots, just areas that are accessible right now and hold some deer, my plans just got quashed so I am scrambling to make something work, buddy of mine finally got his license and I would like to get him on to something before the season is out.

Sofa King
12-03-2013, 03:46 PM
dress warm.

the hopper
12-03-2013, 03:51 PM
2-11 is closed, don't harass the Pemby deers haha, or the man might take you down.

Tuckster
12-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Haha, Good Call....

I've been thinking I had until the 15th....i guess not

quaint bucket
12-03-2013, 03:57 PM
2-9, 2-10, 2-11 (Pemberton) is closed since the end of November 30th. Was up there with a buddy that day. It was nice but no tracks due to circumstances I don't really want to get into.

You could try the Boston Bar and eastern Squamish. I don't know much about Squamish area. I thought I had until Dec 10 in the LML/FVR. Imagine my surprise now that I know it's the 15th since checking the regs this morning. Guess I know what I'm doing that weekend.

(It is not watching tv!)