PDA

View Full Version : Rewards on catching poachers?

*bcgold*
12-02-2013, 10:29 PM
I came across this article offering reward to catch a poacher. I wandering do we do this here in B.C.? I would report a poacher if I saw one without accepting a reward. Just wandering.

http://wildlife.utah.gov/wildlife-news/dwr-officers-on-patrol/1318-8-000-reward-offered-in-trophy-buck-poaching-case.html

Brian011
12-03-2013, 05:22 AM
When I was younger I called in a guy that shot a calf moose behind my house in the middle of winter as I was watching it all through the binos. I ended up getting a cheque for $400. I think it all depends on what the charges are for how much you get. It was more rewarding knowing they got caught.

hunter1947
12-03-2013, 06:48 AM
If there is a reward handed out I would take it by all means ,,I would report poachers reward or not I give myself a slap on my back I have one credit on reporting and the CO catching and fining one poacher to my credit..

sawmill
12-03-2013, 10:53 AM
I`d rather have a Diploma making me an honorary Junior Game Warden!Maybe a wallet badge too.And maybe some red and blue grill lights for my black Chevy Silverado.And a Smokey the Bear hat.That would keep guys out of MY spots.

Dannybuoy
12-03-2013, 10:58 AM
I`d rather have a Diploma making me an honorary Junior Game Warden!Maybe a wallet badge too.And maybe some red and blue grill lights for my black Chevy Silverado.And a Smokey the Bear hat.That would keep guys out of MY spots.

You mean to say you Don't have all that now ???

Sofa King
12-03-2013, 11:00 AM
I came across this article offering reward to catch a poacher. I wandering do we do this here in B.C.? I would report a poacher if I saw one without accepting a reward. Just wandering.

http://wildlife.utah.gov/wildlife-news/dwr-officers-on-patrol/1318-8-000-reward-offered-in-trophy-buck-poaching-case.html

forward the cheque to me, I won't mind accepting and spending it.

sawmill
12-03-2013, 12:49 PM
You mean to say you Don't have all that now ???

Well ya,but the hat is cardboard and the lights are 2 glowsticks that I wave out the drivers window.And the badge is five pointed plastic and says Marshall.It came with the chrome plastic .45 and chaps.

Dannybuoy
12-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Well ya,but the hat is cardboard and the lights are 2 glowsticks that I wave out the drivers window.And the badge is five pointed plastic and says Marshall.It came with the chrome plastic .45 and chaps.
Of all the posts that Need a picture .... this one is tops !:-D

sawmill
12-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Of all the posts that Need a picture .... this one is tops !:-D

With chaps and thong?Pretty cold right now,that`s more of an early season thing.

M.Dean
12-03-2013, 01:38 PM
I think the whole problem lays with our backed up Court System. The Courts should be manned 24 hours a day, all the petty crimes are dealt with at night, the bigger cases during the day. As far as space in our jails, there should be work camp islands off our Northern Coasts, repeat offenders go there, along with anyone else who they don't have a cell for! And, as we know, there's going to be the Bleeding Hearts who will scream that the island camps are to cold, or there poor innocent Son or Daughter has blisters on there hands now from using a shovel 14 hours a day! I have a solution for them too! OK, if you want your Son or Daughter in a normal, comfy jail cell with cable tv and burgers, fries and pizza every night, you bleeding hearts will bloody well pay for it, not the hard working Tax Payers! Seems nobody likes my idea of simply shooting the real bad criminals to make room for more real bad ones in our over crowed jails, so this toned down version of how our Court Systems should be run, then we could get to the poachers faster, is the only one I've got left! When you think about it, these guys are going out and killing animals for fun, then leaving them to rot! Why can't we do the same thing to them??? Animals have rights too!

phoenix
12-03-2013, 01:43 PM
We don't need a reward program, we need a "Poach a Poacher and walk away free" program:).
Kim

Frango
12-03-2013, 06:44 PM
The Nu chun luth (sp) tribal council out of Port Alberni is offering a $25,000 reward for information on the poaching of 10 elk near Port Alberni. They want the people responsible brought to justice.

Sofa King
12-03-2013, 07:07 PM
what we need is for the rules/laws to apply to all.

markomoose
12-03-2013, 07:11 PM
I agree duallie!!!

yamadirt 426
12-04-2013, 08:44 AM
The Nu chun luth (sp) tribal council out of Port Alberni is offering a $25,000 reward for information on the poaching of 10 elk near Port Alberni. They want the people responsible brought to justice.

lol this is the funniest shite Ive read all year. thanks for that.

shotgunner
12-04-2013, 09:33 AM
How about a $200 increase to the CO budget for every RAPP report. To be used for patrol and investigation costs. That's $200 for every call in even if its the 5 or 6 call on the same incident.