PDA

View Full Version : Foxpro Spitfire first stand

emerson
12-02-2013, 07:38 PM
First stand today; noisy approach, losing light, wind direction not working with approach direction, visibility from stand wasn't very good etc. but just wanted to get out. I was concerned the Spitfire wasn't going to be loud enough, but it sounded pretty good. An aux speaker is still on the list, just doesn't have to be right now. (decoy on the list too) Remote worked well; only about 50yds, so will try farther next time. All in all, happy with the performance for the cost on sale at Cabelas.
Crunchy snow sure makes a lot of noise.

emerson
12-03-2013, 12:33 PM
2 yotes outside my side yard fence on North Nechako
10 minutes ago. No fear from populated areas I guess.

emerson
12-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Messing around in town with the Spitfire; the remote worked well until about 100 lasered yards through thick trees. At that distance 2/3 of the commands still got through. Still loud enough if the wind isn't howling.

Salty
12-05-2013, 06:15 PM
What distance to they claim the remote to work to?

The Dawg
12-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Ive never heard of them claiming any distances- although 100 yards through thick trees is pretty damn good Id say, especially for the Spitfire.

Im always within 100 yards of my call anyways- tip that worked for me- hold the transmitter straight up when using it, instead of like a TV remote. I found it works much better that way.

powell
12-05-2013, 08:58 PM
I have a similar version by Foxpro. On mine the reciever for the remote is on the same side as the power switches. If you get it off the ground with this reciever pointed to where you will be sitting it increases the remote range exponentially. I went from a dismal less than 50 yards to 100+.

emerson
12-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Ive never heard of them claiming any distances- although 100 yards through thick trees is pretty damn good Id say, especially for the Spitfire.

Im always within 100 yards of my call anyways- tip that worked for me- hold the transmitter straight up when using it, instead of like a TV remote. I found it works much better that way.
Good to know, I'll keep that in mind. I also think 100 yds is a long way to add to
my looking/shooting distance.

I have a similar version by Foxpro. On mine the reciever for the remote is on the same side as the power switches. If you get it off the ground with this reciever pointed to where you will be sitting it increases the remote range exponentially. I went from a dismal less than 50 yards to 100+.
Hmmm. That's the orientation it was in today. It sure got the dog barking a few hundred yds away:-)

Mark_S
12-06-2013, 01:32 PM
I have a spitfire as well and I have had it out to 200 yards line of sight with no issues. IIRC they claim that series of remote is good to 300 yards.

emerson
12-06-2013, 02:16 PM
I have a spitfire as well and I have had it out to 200 yards line of sight with no issues. IIRC they claim that series of remote is good to 300 yards.
Cool! I have to find some space around PG to stretch things out. Birthday/Christmas $ is adding up; decoy coming soon!