PDA

View Full Version : SE wind

Iron-Head
12-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Spent the morning and early afternoon hunting the bay. Wind was picky, started good this morning with intermittent gusts finally settled into a steady 30+kmh by around 1:30. Got several birds to hand, and what could have been a limit day was cast aside by a group of hunters who thought their 3-1/2"magnums could put birds down at 100+ yards, easily over 100 rounds fired between the three on them. First time back down there in several years, was a nice day nonetheless spent with some good company!

4 widgeon and 1 pintail all in all

Iron'

Foxton Gundogs
12-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Welcome to my wonderful world. I watch quite frequently while the "gentleman sportsmen" across the marsh blast away at every bird that swing their way headed for our deeks, 75/100 yds no problem Boom Boom Boom bye bye birdie.

f350ps
12-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Welcome to Delta, it's seems to becoming the norm out here the last few years with the sky busting!! There's been a huge influx of ( go ahead say what ya want) new Canadians that have taken up the sport and they have no concept of limits, ranges or ethics! It's become absolutely disgusting! K

limit time
12-01-2013, 09:20 PM
The best thing about hunting there...is heading back to the truck with birds...and the others...nothing!

Iron-Head
12-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Quite frankly I think they would do better without decoys, spinners or calling, its almost as if they just have them there becuase it looks good on their part. Although I'm sure wholesale sports is reaping the benefits of 3-1/2" mag BB and #2 sales going through the roof, how kind of them to leave behind their empty boxes. :roll:

You gotta love decoying ducks that have just been shot at not 300 meters further down the beach. "What do you mean they actually try and land with my decoys?"

stuffrider147
12-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Got several birds to hand, and what could have been a limit day was cast aside by a group of hunters who thought their 3-1/2"magnums could put birds down at 100+ yards, easily over 100 rounds fired between the three on them.

It was nice meeting you today. We were the group of hunters to the left of you. Yea, it got to a point where it was comical. We witnessed them take 13 shots for two ducks and only get one to hand.

bandit
12-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Welcome to Delta, it's seems to becoming the norm out here the last few years with the sky busting!! There's been a huge influx of ( go ahead say what ya want) new Canadians that have taken up the sport and they have no concept of limits, ranges or ethics! It's become absolutely disgusting! K

With any luck they will shoot a merganser, assume all ducks taste like that, then give up hunting.

f350ps
12-02-2013, 08:46 PM
With any luck they will shoot a merganser, assume all ducks taste like that, then give up hunting.
Good luck with that thought, I think Mergies are #1 on their hit list!! Seriously, if it flys they shoot at it! K

pnbrock
12-02-2013, 09:25 PM
haha when did you become so friendly f350?

lorneparker1
12-02-2013, 09:27 PM
I think its because I am moving over there. I bring love

Ian F.
12-02-2013, 10:50 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/RussianRainbowGathering_4Aug2005.jpg

Sako 75
12-03-2013, 07:48 PM

Na, they just add some spices and herbs to it and it probably taste awesome to them.

Sako 75
12-03-2013, 07:50 PM
I think its because I am moving over there. I bring love

Hell, more competition, great........LOL

bandit
12-04-2013, 06:14 PM

No concept of time either. Started blasting at 6.58 am today a full 20 mins before legal!

f350ps
12-04-2013, 06:48 PM
No concept of time either. Started blasting at 6.58 am today a full 20 mins before legal!
And I'd bet they're still going strong!!! It's crazy what's going on out there but on the bright side I just heard that they're gonna get a rude awakening very soon! K