PDA

View Full Version : Peace Region for elk

srupp
12-01-2013, 02:04 PM
So with the end of a 38 year run at work in 12 shifts... I am now sorting out my chance at antlerless elk in 7-20...

I am heading North in January...only ever hunted there once @ Groundbirch..and we did drop @ antlerless elk that year...:-D

I received a "list" of some available #s to call ranches..and will do that this week...

However all and any PMS with leads or numbers or areas or ???? that may assist in this endeavor will be greatfully appreciated...

I know its only me and 2499 other lucky LEH winners..lol.....I am not familiar with the area so thank you in advance for all and any suggestions/help.

cheers

Steven

Rackem
12-01-2013, 02:31 PM
I work in that area, and have a contact...looking at the Elk right now...

odie1830
12-01-2013, 03:32 PM
I also have the same , draw and will be up around Jan 15th or a bit earlier. From what i have heard so far it should be a fun hunt. Are farmers generally ok with hunters asking permision(hunter friedly)?.

Rackem
12-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Depends on your attitude...and if you bring a gift...and if you know someone...it's tricky. Assuring them you are ethical, safe, and not an asshole are paramount...

There is a guide in the area who is run off every time he is caught on private land, for a reason.

d6dan
12-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Depends on your attitude...and if you bring a gift...and if you know someone...it's tricky. Assuring them you are ethical, safe, and not an asshole are paramount...

There is a guide in the area who is run off every time he is caught on private land, for a reason.

Ah yes, Mr D. He's definitely made a name for himself.

KtownBobby
12-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Ya, weve also got an LEH for that area. Alltho we aren't sure if were gonna have time to go.

Rackem
12-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Mr D is a dink. He should not be allowed to hunt. He just makes everyone mad.

Swamp mule
12-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Just watch out for them Grazing Lease areas unless you have permission to hunt them. Go to corlanes for the land status maps. they are roughly 40bucks each. But lands do change hands often. The best that i found is when you talk to a farmer and you have a map. Ask what are the areas that the farmer would like you not to hunt in and that shows that you are willing to work with him and abide by his requests and concerns. that goes a long ways. I have expanded my area even more by about a couple more thousand acres. Not exclusive but jsut more opportunities. IF you are form the coast bring some salmon. Yah never know b/c next year you might just have that fall hunt for elk secured. Many times it worked for us on the farm in the lower mainland with the duck hunters and I strongly abide by the meaning of RESPECT. It goes a long ways.

curt
12-02-2013, 04:39 PM
great advice you shouldnt even have to say that, as thats how we should all be acting all the time would go along way for our image as a whole!!

BCHunterFSJ
12-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Mr D is a dink. He should not be allowed to hunt. He just makes everyone mad.

So who is Mr.D??? I live in FSJ and can't figure out who it could be... Must be getting senile!
PM me if you prefer.