PDA

View Full Version : shotgun plug question ?

#1fishslayer
11-30-2013, 08:29 PM
How many rounds can you have in your shotgun while predator hunting? The plug only need be in for migratory birds...correct ?

IslandXJ
11-30-2013, 08:36 PM
That's how I understand the regs. Plug in for migratory birds, plug out for trapping and big game ie: deer, bear...
I run around after deer in bear country comfortably with 1 in the chamber, 4 in the magazine

Johnny G1
11-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Its a stoopid reg, understanding, you are not supposed to have 6 rds of birdshot , only slugs.????? stoopid frigin rules who's to know what is right with certain CO's. Predator I will have 6 rds of the best when I go out.

limit time
11-30-2013, 09:07 PM
Five max, if its a semi.

#1fishslayer
11-30-2013, 09:07 PM
I am not using slugs. I am shooting 12g 00 buck 15 pellets. And its a pump...???

RustyBrit
11-30-2013, 11:16 PM
When I got stopped but he CO this year he asked if I had a plug in my grouse/bear 870. I had it plugged and he said "good". I didn't go much further than that but I took it to mean I had to have a plug in for hunting anything and that is how I have always thought the regs read…. Perhaps I am wrong though...

Pioneerman
11-30-2013, 11:19 PM
I do not believe you need a plug for defense only birds, but then it might have been shot and not slugs.I have mine out on the defender

TimberPig
11-30-2013, 11:20 PM
If you are shooting shot , as you say you are, it must be plugged. Only slugs are exempt from the plug requirement.

Page 17 of the current hunting regs says this:
It is unlawful to hunt with a set gun, or to hunt wildlife with a pump,
repeating or auto-loading shotgun with a magazine capable of holding
more than two shells. Where the use of a shotgun is allowed for
hunting or trapping big game, an unplugged shotgun holding more than
2 shells and firing single projectiles only (slugs) may be used.

#1fishslayer
11-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Hmmm well so be it then. As stupid as it may seem to hunt with a half empty shotgun....page 17 tells me how it is. Thank you.

butthead
12-01-2013, 09:24 AM
If you are shooting shot , as you say you are, it must be plugged. Only slugs are exempt from the plug requirement.

Page 17 of the current hunting regs says this:
It is unlawful to hunt with a set gun, or to hunt wildlife with a pump,
repeating or auto-loading shotgun with a magazine capable of holding
more than two shells. Where the use of a shotgun is allowed for
hunting or trapping big game, an unplugged shotgun holding more than
2 shells and firing single projectiles only (slugs) may be used.

now that's how to answer a tecnical question
thank you
right from the bible