PDA

View Full Version : What pack for my son

leadpillproductions
11-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Looking for a backpack for my son , he wants to go goat hunting next fall . What to get whats good , hes right aroubd 5 ft 100lbs .

rifleman
11-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Are you interested in my Mystery Ranch? just listed it...

leadpillproductions
11-29-2013, 03:19 PM
no as he will out grow that tryin to keep price as low as I can

~T-BONE~
11-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Get a big cheap day pack with lots of strap built into it.. Try walmart online! Once he grows into a "real" pack he can use it as a day pack still.. Because really at that size what is he gonna be packin?

leadpillproductions
11-29-2013, 03:59 PM
as long as he can carry his sleepin bag and a bit of his own stuff . lol I assume ill be doin the most of the packin

merch bc
11-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Take a look at an Osprey Ace 48.
Nice little pack with a fair amount of adjustment. I picked one up for a family friend's son that is now becoming more of a regular on the short overnight trips.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-29-2013, 05:00 PM
The Eberlestocks might fit him. They are adjustable.
Find a used one for him.

SSS

300rum700
12-03-2013, 11:45 PM
He wont outgrow a Kifaru Bikini frame, there are some good used ones showing up now that the season is over. He wont neeed another pack until hes old enoungh to buy his own.

Chopper
12-04-2013, 09:39 AM
He wont outgrow a Kifaru Bikini frame, there are some good used ones showing up now that the season is over. He wont neeed another pack until hes old enoungh to buy his own.

I agree ... The adjustment in the Kifaru's and the Stone Glaciers are pretty extreme ... I would take the Stone Glacier over the Kifaru just because the Kifaru reviews have lots of frame failure under extreme weights... although im sure he wont be putting that much weight in one

BRvalley
12-04-2013, 10:07 AM
army surplus packs....seattle based retailer, advertise on craigslist, will ship to BC....a friend bought one, good pack for 125$, plenty of webbing to strap to, good shoulder straps, used but in mint condition

USMC ILBE Main Pack

http://www.rogueprovisions.com/

300rum700
12-04-2013, 12:07 PM
I agree ... The adjustment in the Kifaru's and the Stone Glaciers are pretty extreme ... I would take the Stone Glacier over the Kifaru just because the Kifaru reviews have lots of frame failure under extreme weights... although im sure he wont be putting that much weight in one

never heard of a kifaru having a frame failure, care to point me at those reviews? Not questioning you just want to read them for myself.