PDA

View Full Version : Lion hunts a sham

rides bike to work
11-28-2013, 06:52 PM
I came across a thread on hunting Africa .com that was talking about how a lot of the lion hunts I Africa are a sham. The lions are raised at a breeder then released just days before the hunt. With the lion being almost tame. These are mostly on fenced hunts which I hear most hunts are in Africa.
Pretty sick if you ask me.
Sounds like some of the clients aren't told the full story behind the animals they hunting as well.

Gateholio
11-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Yes, it happens. Prospective lion hunters (or any species for that matter) should research who they are hunting with and what they are actually getting

Kudu
11-28-2013, 07:33 PM
P

I came across a thread on hunting Africa .com that was talking about how a lot of the lion hunts I Africa are a sham. The lions are raised at a breeder then released just days before the hunt. With the lion being almost tame. These are mostly on fenced hunts which I hear most hunts are in Africa.
Pretty sick if you ask me.
Sounds like some of the clients aren't told the full story behind the animals they hunting as well.

Indeed - another stupid North American is born every minute - there are some farmers / breeders / operaters who take full advantage of this well known fact.

yukon john
11-28-2013, 07:34 PM
I'm pretty sure that has been shut down in South Africa or is in the process of being shut down. I guided a guy who owned a game ranch there, he said the lions knew what was up when they put them in a couple acre enclosure and they got mean, so much so that they started drugging them to protect the hunter. I agree though, it is b.s.

Spy
11-28-2013, 07:36 PM
I thought canned lion hunts were banned in South Africa.

Blainer
11-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Africa has some of the best conservation practices in the world!

EDUCATE YOURSELF!!!

It is a fact, that due to the hunting industry and money generated out of this industry, there are more animals in South Africa than 100 years ago.

Spy
11-28-2013, 07:54 PM
I would rather someone who has the urge to shoot a lion, shoot one that has been bred and released in captivity, (canned hunt)! My reason is simple, everytime you shoot the top "wild"lion,which is what the client normally wants, another male takes over the pride and kills all cubs and other young males. I dont find the hunting of "wild" lions at all palatable.
Now if a client wants to go after a man eater, cattle killer or problem lion that does not own a pride, that is a different story. These problem lions are normally very aggresive & challenging to hunt. It takes a very brave hunter with big ****ing balls to get this job done! Not many sign up for it;-).