PDA

View Full Version : grouse hunting in bad weather

Vancouver1234
11-27-2013, 05:53 PM
is grouse hunting worth it in snow or rain?? or do they hide away?

thanks for your time guys

Singleshotneeded
11-27-2013, 06:05 PM
Grouse love the sun, and on sunny mornings or later afternoons will be on the roadsides sunning themselves! Yay! The best hunting is a sunny day following several days of cloud and rain...when they're far more likely to be cringing from the rain in the brush.

Paulyman
11-27-2013, 06:15 PM
I got two Grouse this past weekend up near Barriere. There was around 6 inches of snow on the ground up high and a couple of inches lower down. They were at the lower elevation picking through the forest floor trying to find the last of the food before it gets covered up as well.

Gumsehwah
11-27-2013, 06:17 PM
We're closed for grouse now.

:-(

BRvalley
11-29-2013, 11:50 AM
We're closed for grouse now.

:-(

depends where you live, I'm gonna guess vancouver1234 is good until dec15

sunny days are best, but I've still had good luck on crummy days, only takes 1 covey to make it a good day with a good feed....if you have an area with a decent population, they're never that hard to find regardless of weather

Singleshotneeded
11-29-2013, 12:48 PM
For sure if there's a decent population in an area you'll see them on cloudy days too, but they really get out onto the road edges when the sun comes out again after a few days of cloud and rain.:-D If it's raining I definitely wouldn't go grouse hunting...