PDA

View Full Version : Late season archery opportunities Princeton.

JIL_24/7
11-27-2013, 12:21 AM
Hello Everyone,
I am thinking about heading to the Princeton area with my bow for the late season opening from December 2-4 because the newbie hunter I was going with bailed, and I am looking for any advice as this will be my first bow hunt. Are the deer in the same areas as they were during the rut? I have had a lot of success finding deer areas earlier in the season, but I'm wondering if they will have moved on to different areas/elevations by now. Are any of the deer still in rut at this time in the Princeton area? The opening is for any mulie or whitetail buck and/or whitetail doe. Is there anyone here looking to have some deer removed from their property/ranch :)? (It's worth a shot). Has anyone hunted this area in this season before? Just looking for tips, but if you want to offer up areas through PM I won't be mad at you :). Bottom line, is this a worthwhile trip, or would I be better of staying in Region 2 and looking for a blacktail? Appreciate all of you boys. Thanks!

kako99
11-27-2013, 10:23 AM
Lots of snow bring chains if you go. Logging trucks have made most roads a big ice rink.

aggiehunter
11-28-2013, 10:11 PM
bit of a rant..but it starts to late...theres absolutely no "good" reason that the bow season should not start on Nov. 11th. The mature bucks are getting hammered in the rut/gos and bio's simply cannot say with knowledge that they are saving deer while they rut from bowhunters during the Nov. 11 to 24 period. This is a tough hunt for mulies in Region 8...the snow is usually crunchy...maybe not all of Region 8...mulies are not in the same rut panic mode but are still hanging with does...good luck if you go.

~T-BONE~
11-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Id be all over it if I was more into archery! Winter range is your friend;)