PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Looking Wolf Dog

Weatherby Fan
11-26-2013, 10:46 PM
I was up hunting area 3-30 this last week and a friend of mine snapped some pictures of this thing,

My buddy was looking at these wolf tracks on the road and say's I wonder what made those..........his friend says here it comes now..........loaping up the road right at them and stops about 50 yards away,he snaps a few picture and it tears off into the bush, my buddy does a quick wolf howl and back out it comes then tears off down the road back into the bush....

Has anyone seen this thing or anything like it ? Whats your thoughts ?
WF

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j466/WeatherbyFan65/DSC_2146-copy_edited-1_zpsf059e30c.jpg (http://s1087.photobucket.com/user/WeatherbyFan65/media/DSC_2146-copy_edited-1_zpsf059e30c.jpg.html)

BlacktailStalker
11-26-2013, 10:48 PM
Looks like a blue heeler to me. Super cagey and one person dogs.

Ambush
11-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Looks like a cross between a hyena and a heeler.

Weatherby Fan
11-26-2013, 10:52 PM
This picture doesn't do the size of it justice as it was much taller than it looks,I'll try and get a few more photos of it to post up.
WF

solo
11-26-2013, 11:14 PM
Somebody's lost dog.

Kudu
11-26-2013, 11:18 PM
Looks like a healer to me as we'll - probably lost out there and was hoping you would feed it.....

Peter Pepper
11-26-2013, 11:20 PM
instead of a wolf howl, maybe try a "here boy!"

Spy
11-26-2013, 11:33 PM
instead of a wolf howl, maybe try a "here boy!"
X2 Lol :-) ;-) lost dog probably heard the howl & said Im out of here.

Everett
11-27-2013, 09:26 AM
That's a heeler crossed with something he was probably out looking for lost cows. When you howled he probably came out to kick some ass then realized you weren't a wolf so went back to work.

deadlyshot19
11-27-2013, 09:28 AM
That isn't a wolf I can tell you that much.

labguy
11-27-2013, 09:51 AM
Some UGLY cross bred dog thing - LOOK at those Ugly ears its got - Shooting it would have done the world a Favor ! JMO RJ

I'm sure you didn't really mean this.

What if it's some kids pet dog who thinks the world of it and thinks it's cute...................the comment about shooting it is wayyyyyy off.

And anyone who mistakes that for a wolf shouldn't be hunting.

spear
11-27-2013, 09:55 AM
Think Everett nailed it

rageous
11-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Agree with the heeler cross. I've heard of guys shooting dogs in the bush chasing deer before.

MB_Boy
11-27-2013, 10:05 AM
With those ears....I think it's the orphaned African Wild Dog that Yappy Yoodle Dog adopted on his legendary lion hunt. Yappy must have been close....you were in the proximity of a legend. :wink:

albravo2
11-27-2013, 10:08 AM
I assume WF would know the difference between someone's dog and something wild. Does look like some heeler cross, but that doesn't make sense. I'm pretty sure that the only way that could go down would be a male wolf and a female heeler, presumably a domesticated dog so the pups would have been born into a farm or a family.

Weird.

Mishka
11-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Some UGLY cross bred dog thing - LOOK at those Ugly ears its got - Shooting it would have done the world a Favor ! JMO RJ

Yeah okay. Shoot the dog and then deal with the rancher when he comes around the corner looking for his dog....

11-27-2013, 10:18 AM
There is nothing about that dog that appears wolf-like. Time for an eye exam perhaps?? I know a good optometrist.

Rackem
11-27-2013, 10:34 AM
Definitely a Heeler cross, saw one like that that was Anatolian Shepherd crossed Heeler....Probably looking for cows...betcha rancher was on a horse a mile or so nearby...

http://i43.tinypic.com/dp8n01.jpg

hotload
11-27-2013, 11:43 AM
I was up hunting area 3-30 this last week and a friend of mine snapped some pictures of this thing,

My buddy was looking at these wolf tracks on the road and say's I wonder what made those..........his friend says here it comes now..........loaping up the road right at them and stops about 50 yards away,he snaps a few picture and it tears off into the bush, my buddy does a quick wolf howl and back out it comes then tears off down the road back into the bush....

Has anyone seen this thing or anything like it ? Whats your thoughts ?
WF

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j466/WeatherbyFan65/DSC_2146-copy_edited-1_zpsf059e30c.jpg (http://s1087.photobucket.com/user/WeatherbyFan65/media/DSC_2146-copy_edited-1_zpsf059e30c.jpg.html)

Check my avatar, see a similarity, wolf, really??

levind
11-27-2013, 11:50 AM
rackem dont take that dog into the bush!!!

BiG Boar
11-27-2013, 12:05 PM
I think you found hot loads dog. How big is that dog of your hot load?

lookclosely
11-27-2013, 12:12 PM

Not surprising at all to read a low I.Q. comment like this on this forum.

Rackem
11-27-2013, 12:31 PM

LMAO, Sooo....since you posted....on this forum....and since I post a lot on this forum...what conclusion am I to draw here?? Being that my IQ must be low, I'm having a hard time figuring your post out...

The Dawg
11-27-2013, 12:35 PM

Then why did you come back under a different name then? ;)

surreybuddy
11-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Looks like a wolf heeler cross to me

RINO
11-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Not surprising at all ..

"Lookclosely" ... Hmmm ...sounds like a Small Man "Handle" issue. :wink:

Weatherby Fan
11-27-2013, 01:53 PM
There is nothing about that dog that appears wolf-like. Time for an eye exam perhaps?? I know a good optometrist.

Geez I'm really sorry for mentioning Wolf in the title of the thread............I changed it for ya and by the way my eyes are just fine, I'm prety sure you have a bad case of rectal optosis........a shitty outlook

no wonder people don't like to post on this sight !

RINO
11-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Geez I'm really sorry for mentioning Wolf in the title of the thread............

There seems to be enough Wolves around Here!!!

Weatherby Fan
11-27-2013, 02:16 PM

Considering it was bigger/taller than any Wolf I've seen in the area and it's tracks were as big or bigger than any of the wolf tracks I had seen in the last week while out hunting, I will agree that it has some of the coloring of a Healer, I followed it tracks and it was chasing deer down, I know the farmers I the area and it's not there dog.

Rackem
11-27-2013, 02:19 PM
You should live trap it, it would be cool to see what kind of dog this is...DNA it.

280 77
11-27-2013, 02:55 PM
It's a heeler , possibly a cross . As for the wild look , heeler's have australian dingo in there bloodlines .

Rackem
11-27-2013, 03:01 PM
I meant, to see what the Heeler is crossed with to make it so large..

REMINGTON JIM
11-27-2013, 03:25 PM

I deleted for ya ! :cry: and by the way GFY ! Cheers RJ

hotload
11-27-2013, 03:37 PM

All I meant to say is that IMHO, this is not wolf and nor does it look crossed with one, but, as far as this being a Heeler of some sort, no doubt in my mind, and is it feral?? If any dog can live off the land these dogs can, they are smarter than most owners, and I know firsthand about that statement. Check out some of the things that these dogs have gone and done, eg: Australian Cattledog falls off boat and swims miles to a deserted island and lives for years on it's own until found, Check out this dog Skidboot? If this is a wild dog, does it need to be culled, possibly. It could steal your wife, by force or persuasion, they are that smart.........................

Rackem
11-27-2013, 04:01 PM
A dingo ate my baby...supposedly Heelers have a dingo ancestry...

Weatherby Fan
11-27-2013, 04:24 PM
All I meant to say is that IMHO, this is not wolf and nor does it look crossed with one, but, as far as this being a Heeler of some sort, no doubt in my mind, and is it feral?? If any dog can live off the land these dogs can, they are smarter than most owners, and I know firsthand about that statement. Check out some of the things that these dogs have gone and done, eg: Australian Cattledog falls off boat and swims miles to a deserted island and lives for years on it's own until found, Check out this dog Skidboot? If this is a wild dog, does it need to be culled, possibly. It could steal your wife, by force or persuasion, they are that smart.........................

Well no doubt it has some of the coloring of a Heeler, I know it doesn't look it in the picture but this dog was taller than most dog breeds I've seen,so calling it a Heeler is a stretch........crossed with one maybe.........but this thing was really tall.

Weatherby Fan
11-27-2013, 04:48 PM

So what your saying is HBCers are of low IQ...........tell you what if this all you have to offer don't bother posting on my threads.

Everett
11-27-2013, 04:58 PM

Its a heeler cross I would bet a beer on it lots of ranchers cross them with breeds that can handle the cold better. As hotload says these dogs are smart probably smarter than any other breed they also live longer than any other breed. But they can be mean and can go feral quite easy and would be quite capable of surviving in the BC bush.

spear
11-27-2013, 06:26 PM
I take it Billie has been found guilty of treason Rod?
Heelers were originally called Halls Heelers, he was a cattleman from down under who bread northumberland droving dogs with Dingos to get the dog he desired for working cattle in Australia. Some of them can be pretty large, my boy is at 60 lbs healthy, if crossed with something a little bigger it wouldn't be hard to break 80lbs. This dog doesn't have a collor/harness/bandana on as far as i can tell, looks like he's on walkabout.

Peter Pepper
11-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Taller than a wolf? Don't know too many dogs that are taller than the last wolf I saw. It was a young wolf, and a lot taller that my 90lb black and tan hound

*bcgold*
11-27-2013, 09:46 PM
He looks healthy.

Trojans16
11-27-2013, 09:48 PM
looks like a kelpie/heeler cross

Big Lew
11-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Definitely a Heeler cross, saw one like that that was Anatolian Shepherd crossed Heeler....Probably looking for cows...betcha rancher was on a horse a mile or so nearby...

http://i43.tinypic.com/dp8n01.jpg

Although "Weatherby Fan" said that he knew the farmer in the area and it wasn't his dog, I tend to agree with "Rackem" because I've come across dogs literally miles from any farms or ranches and soon after ran into or noticed someone on horseback out scouting for strays etc. Most often they trailered their horse and dog into the area. It's a frequent scenario on the vast Douglas Lake Holdings.

wildcatter
11-30-2013, 10:50 PM
I deleted for ya ! :cry: and by the way GFY ! Cheers RJ

Ha ha, I like your comeback, cheers OJ

Ltbullken
12-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Well no doubt it has some of the coloring of a Heeler, I know it doesn't look it in the picture but this dog was taller than most dog breeds I've seen,so calling it a Heeler is a stretch........crossed with one maybe.........but this thing was really tall.

How tall was it - estimate...?

Ltbullken
12-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Looks like a... Blue Heeler to me. Nothing more.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/australiancattledog.htm

Weatherby Fan
12-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Ok got an update today on the "blue heeler" dingo mut !
my brother showed a picture of this thing to a rancher in the area and he says it's the same crossbreed that is running with a pack of wolves east of his place and has killed two of his calves in the last two years, the pictures my buddy had taken were about 20 kilometers NW of the ranch.

sawmill
12-03-2013, 11:01 AM
20 K from home = dead dog.

REMINGTON JIM
12-03-2013, 11:11 AM

READ post #47 the only low IQ comment on here is yours ! :) RJ

Tomanik2700
12-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Average Joe checking in, can confirm not a wolf.

MFERGIE
01-16-2014, 12:46 AM
Her name is Fly, she's a pure blue heeler and belongs to Horse Camp Ranch. I have spoken with the owner after they confirmed the picture to be their dog. The area is cattle range and oftentimes the dogs follow their owners as they check for livestock etc. Sometimes the dogs work very large circles around the owner and his horse as they go through the bush. For anyone that hunts this area Fly can oftentimes be found running with 4 or 5 rather large Great Pyrenees that also work the ranch and surrounding area. This also gives the impression that there is an infestation of Wolves in the area.

donnareid
01-16-2014, 01:04 AM
He looks so cute and pretty special to me. Did you check his tracks to see if he walks like a dog or like a wolf?

Rackem
01-16-2014, 07:03 AM
As I said earlier on lol...she was probably working with a cowboy and was ranging out in front of him....Hey Fly! nice looking dog, big for a heeler!

000buck
01-16-2014, 08:09 AM
healer gsp?