PDA

View Full Version : Wrote MLA RE:gated FSR

Whiterock
11-26-2013, 11:46 AM
So after being turned away from a FSR,,I did my research, and found in fact, the gate is illeagle, and I had every right to hunt there. I made many calls and you could hear the eyes glassing over,,they have heard it all repeatedly. BUT,,an RCMP officer said,,"If more people would stand up and write the govt,,its the only way things will change" So I did,,,I wrote Steve Thompson,FLNR.Minister@Gov.BC.CA and ABR.Minister@Gov.BC.CA (indian affairs) and have a phone call in to my MLA. Side note: I have ridden motorcycle for 42 yrs. In that time Ive seen our freedoms diminish, while so called "minorites" do things I would be arrested for. WE recently lost more freedoms, and the people representing us told me flat out,,We lost because nobody voiced their opinion. On the hunting issue I have now voiced my opinion,,,and will keep sending e-mail, (polite ones), to the govt. Will any of you?

North49
11-26-2013, 11:57 AM
You're doing the right thing that's for sure but I would like to hear more info on this subject as to what FSR was gated and how you found out that it was put up illegally. Perhaps also copy of the letter you wrote your MLA and the response. Unfortunately alot of people are too lazy to write a letter and would prefer to write and email because it is easier. Taking the time to write a letter and mail it shows the government officials how serious you are on the subject and not just some mouth piece with an email account.

quaint bucket
11-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Which FSR is this? What did the gate look like?

adriaticum
11-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Good for you, keep it rolling.

Whiterock
11-26-2013, 12:25 PM
On West Pavillion Rd East of Lilloote, a FSR leading down to the river. I called forestry,,the local CO,,and the RCMP,,they all said,,,its an illegal gate, and I have every right to be there.The big sign said "TFN Traditional Territory,,,Permission required to proceed,,,call band office. I dont need permission from ANYONE to travel on crown land!!

adriaticum
11-26-2013, 12:29 PM
On West Pavillion Rd East of Lilloote, a FSR leading down to the river. I called forestry,,the local CO,,and the RCMP,,they all said,,,its an illegal gate, and I have every right to be there.The big sign said "TFN Traditional Territory,,,Permission required to proceed,,,call band office. I dont need permission from ANYONE to travel on crown land!!

I guess you were not equipped to go through that obstacle.
Bolt cutters perhaps.

Kudu
11-26-2013, 12:33 PM
I guess you were not equipped to go through that obstacle.
Bolt cutters perhaps.

Try an angle grinder or cutting torch - don't piss around with these illegal gates - cut the stuff down!!

Machinist
11-26-2013, 12:51 PM
This is a subject that has been brought to our attention at my local gun club by our Representitive to the BCWF, He has been involvedin taking down a few of these illegal gates, but like he says if no one says anything , nothing will get done , not only that no one in the Ministry of Forests and Lands wants to enforce the removal of illegal gates , I have written and Emailed my MLA , i would encourage all hunters that use is site to get off there butts and file a complaint to their MLA or some day you will be heading to your favorite spot and find a gate in your way.

11-26-2013, 01:22 PM
we deal with that all day here on the Island..... you guys should really get on it as it happens. Otherwise you will blink and all the places you went to will be sold and locked....

Glenny
11-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Just emailed the 2 addresses you supplied plus my MLA. Yah sure Vicky H is gonna get right on that one. Gotta try though.

quaint bucket
11-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Try an angle grinder or cutting torch - don't piss around with these illegal gates - cut the stuff down!!

why not just strap onto your truck and rip those suckers out

Jagermeister
11-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Call the band office and tell them that they have illegally gated a road and it is your intention to cut the lock at such and such time. Before you do it, you tell the police and the news reporters of your intentions as well so they may turn out for this event as well. The more the merrier so to speak. If it was near me, I would even attend as well for your support.

Jagermeister
11-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Oh yeah, don't forget to get your MLA to show up too.

Nolan1973
11-26-2013, 02:43 PM
You sound use like a good buddy of mine! I should introduce you n him. His names Mike. Kind of a little peacock kinda guy always strutting around calling foul. But I do Agree with you, we as hunters need to be more proactive with our rights.

Singleshotneeded
11-26-2013, 02:45 PM
So after being turned away from a FSR,,I did my research, and found in fact, the gate is illeagle, and I had every right to hunt there. I made many calls and you could hear the eyes glassing over,,they have heard it all repeatedly. BUT,,an RCMP officer said,,"If more people would stand up and write the govt,,its the only way things will change" So I did,,,I wrote Steve Thompson,FLNR.Minister@Gov.BC.CA and ABR.Minister@Gov.BC.CA (indian affairs) and have a phone call in to my MLA. Side note: I have ridden motorcycle for 42 yrs. In that time Ive seen our freedoms diminish, while so called "minorites" do things I would be arrested for. WE recently lost more freedoms, and the people representing us told me flat out,,We lost because nobody voiced their opinion. On the hunting issue I have now voiced my opinion,,,and will keep sending e-mail, (polite ones), to the govt. Will any of you?

Good for you! Here in the interior a guy that owns a home neat the beginning of an FSR got tired of hunters driving by early in the morning and blocked the entrance with an old trailer. I called forestry and they're looking into it...if you keep quiet the twits win.

Whiterock
11-26-2013, 02:55 PM
Update,,,initally the RCMP asked if Id file a formal complaint,,I did and got a file #. Just got off the phone and my file has been forwarded to Ottawa,,interesting to see what happens. Thx to those who have already written the Gov.

adriaticum
11-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Update,,,initally the RCMP asked if Id file a formal complaint,,I did and got a file #. Just got off the phone and my file has been forwarded to Ottawa,,interesting to see what happens. Thx to those who have already written the Gov.

Good, please keep us posted.

Jagermeister
11-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Way to go Whiterock.

GoatGuy
11-26-2013, 06:36 PM
Good for you Whiterock, that's awesome!!!! Would encourage you to meet up with your MLA in person and keep going back.

It's great to see people taking the initiative on this stuff - that is the only way you will drive positive change.

GoatGuy
11-26-2013, 06:38 PM

Could you post your letter so that other people can use it if they chose?

THanks!

Whonnock Boy
11-26-2013, 07:07 PM
'Atta boy WR. I'm with you on this one.

NorthShoreX
11-26-2013, 07:15 PM
The "traditional territory" signs went up in few different areas along Hwy 99, from west of Pavillion then east to around Hat Creek FSR. They have been up for about two years.

frenchbar
11-26-2013, 07:17 PM
On West Pavillion Rd East of Lilloote, a FSR leading down to the river. I called forestry,,the local CO,,and the RCMP,,they all said,,,its an illegal gate, and I have every right to be there.The big sign said "TFN Traditional Territory,,,Permission required to proceed,,,call band office. I dont need permission from ANYONE to travel on crown land!! was that the road at the 45 km ?

Whonnock Boy
11-26-2013, 07:22 PM
I have a torch..... will travel. :wink:

Whiterock
11-26-2013, 07:31 PM
was that the road at the 45 km ?

Ya thats the one,,

longstonec
11-26-2013, 07:31 PM
was that the road at the 45 km ?

I drove through there yesterday and don't remember seeing anything. But I wasnt looking.

frenchbar
11-26-2013, 07:36 PM
its goes down to the old August place above the river...those signs were put up on a few rds around here ...I don't pay attention to them ...nor should anyone else...1 out at tiffin as well ....

mungojeerie
11-26-2013, 09:10 PM
its goes down to the old August place above the river...those signs were put up on a few rds around here ...I don't pay attention to them ...nor should anyone else...1 out at tiffin as well ....

Ya you don't pay attention to them because your familiar with those roads and know the signs are BS... but to those of who aren't familiar and don't know better...

If I decided to explore around there one day, and come across the signs and gates, I would think them legit and obviously not continue, I would turn around and seek other areas.... eventually over time as guys leave areas and hunt elsewhere fewer and fewer people "trespass" on areas they have a right to and that area would be come what the signs try to accomplish...

Whiterock
11-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Well said Mungo,,thats exactly how we thought,,we are not from the area, how are we to know? Thanks for the support!

kyleklassen
11-26-2013, 09:29 PM
we deal with that all day here on the Island..... you guys should really get on it as it happens. Otherwise you will blink and all the places you went to will be sold and locked....deal with what all day? illegal gates?...where at?

BlacktailStalker
11-26-2013, 10:05 PM
FLNR.Minister@Gov.BC.CA

Is this the email address ?

Whiterock
11-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Yes,,That is Steve Thompson,,minister of forests,,,ABR.minister@Gov.BC.CA is minister of aboriginal affairs.

BlacktailStalker
11-26-2013, 11:03 PM
Yes,,That is Steve Thompson,,minister of forests,,,ABR.minister@Gov.BC.CA is minister of aboriginal affairs.

Thanks !

deadlyshot19
11-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Good thread, this is directly impacting our future for everything from fishing, to hunting, to just riding quads and dirt bikes in the bush. We can't just roll over to these issues and act like they aren't happening.

11-27-2013, 10:55 AM
deal with what all day? illegal gates?...where at?

Carole why you buggin?

kyleklassen
11-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Carole why you buggin?WTF!!!..........lets hear about all the illegal gatings you've encountered.