PDA

View Full Version : Level Mountain

HCH
11-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Has anyone on here ever hunted Level Mountain? Planning on going there next year and looking for some info.

HCH
11-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Anyone?? I have been in contact with the float plane operator for that area, So I have agood idea what to expect. Just wanted to pick someones brain who has actually been there.

Rob
11-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Havent been myself but hear it can be a busy place for caribou

DawsonCreedmoor
11-27-2013, 06:06 PM
When are you planning on going? I know there are a couple groups of us planning a trip out of dease

markomoose
11-27-2013, 06:36 PM
My hunting partner & his kid went 2 years ago had a blast & shot 2 nice caribou.thats what they were targeting.They went 1st week of sept.

plumbcrazy
11-27-2013, 06:38 PM
The place is done, over hunted pounded by the guide and wolves for the last 5 plus years. It's a hasbeen, move on.

kennyj
11-27-2013, 06:56 PM
The place is done, over hunted pounded by the guide and wolves for the last 5 plus years. It's a hasbeen, move on.

Sounds promising.
kenny

40incher
11-27-2013, 07:27 PM

Sounds like someone doesn't want you in there ... Ketchum Lake would be my choice ... unless there is still a wheeled aircraft that can get you on top. There used to be one a few years ago but the guides didn't like that!?

Level Mountain is a proven caribou area. Ketchum is also good for moose.

f350ps
11-27-2013, 08:29 PM
Thanks, I know where I'm going next year!!! K

Cordillera
11-27-2013, 10:43 PM
There was a super cub on wheels almost ten years ago out of telegraph but not recently. Level herd has seen lots of pressure recently. The bull cow ratio was just over 30/100 two seasons ago which is a sign of heavy bull harvest. Chances of the trophies of past are less. There are now three different float plane operators who will fly in that area so expect company. I have a partner who landed at a nearby lake last year in the area assured by his pilot he was solo. Before nightfall another party whose camp was not visible paddled past him and shot the camp bull. They had been flown in by another company. He had a nice camping trip after that.

Confused
11-28-2013, 09:14 AM
There was a super cub on wheels almost ten years ago out of telegraph but not recently. Level herd has seen lots of pressure recently. The bull cow ratio was just over 30/100 two seasons ago which is a sign of heavy bull harvest. Chances of the trophies of past are less. There are now three different float plane operators who will fly in that area so expect company. I have a partner who landed at a nearby lake last year in the area assured by his pilot he was solo. Before nightfall another party whose camp was not visible paddled past him and shot the camp bull. They had been flown in by another company. He had a nice camping trip after that.

Sounds like there will only be one operator out of Dease lake next year.

HCH
11-28-2013, 10:20 AM
First week of September.

HCH
11-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Thanks for all the info. We were looking at going First week of Sept. Just float planes now to get in there.

BiG Boar
11-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Lots of caribou! And some real giants! Go prepared to hike and pound one. Train hard, they're awful heavy.