PDA

View Full Version : Harrison River and associated wetlands

lip_ripper00
11-25-2013, 07:40 AM
Recived this E-mail from the gun club......

The ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural ResourceOperations is in the consultation phase of a proposal to make most of the, a Wildlife Management Area. If you livein the area, fish in the area, hunt in the area or boat in the area, you mayhave concerns or questions about how the Harrison-Chehalis Wildlife ManagementArea will affect you and your activities. Please take the time look at theinformation links on the side-bar of the map: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/habitat/conservation-lands/wma/harrison-chehalis/map.html (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/habitat/conservation-lands/wma/harrison-chehalis/map.html) You can forward your questions or concerns tothe AHRGC gmail account, kentrange@gmail.com (kentrange@gmail.com), before mid-December. Questions and concerns will be posted on the open partof the club web site. (Personal names or email addresses will not be postedwith the questions.) If your are interested in attending a meeting with theMinistry, please indicate this in your email. If we have more than 40 people,with significant ques tions or concerns,the Ministry has offered to meet with us, as a group, in January, before theproposal moves to the next stage.

Thank you for taking the time to consider this.

adriaticum
11-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Is it something I said?
They are proposing to close the fishable portion of the Chehalis.
And the salmon runs are doing great already, what's the point?

lorneparker1
11-25-2013, 10:26 AM
I think they are just closing it to some people....

Kudu
11-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Ok - sorry for the confusion, I called Jeff and discussed this situation with him.

The WMA does not impact on fishing or hunting - he has promised to send me some stuff on a power point - ill break it down and post the info up on here as soon as I get it

adriaticum
11-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Ok - sorry for the confusion, I called Jeff and discussed this situation with him.

The WMA does not impact on fishing or hunting - he has promised to send me some stuff on a power point - ill break it down and post the info up on here as soon as I get it

What does it impact then?
I read briefly about WMA and they do have the ability to do whatever they want.
I think some degree of protection for that wetland would be good but I would not agree with an outright ban on hunting and fishing.
That estuary is in great shape as far as I can tell there are a lot of salmon coming back home and I don't see the need for a whole lot of additional protection.
People don't really fish or hunt the marsh area of the wetland anyway.
I think if this ever comes to a head there will be thousands of people knocking on their doors demanding answers.
Do your voodoo Kudu and we will be grateful!

adriaticum
11-25-2013, 11:36 AM
I think they are just closing it to some people....

Maybe your sudden move over here prompted this.