PDA

View Full Version : Limit on deer???

kako99
11-22-2013, 10:13 AM
So I have harvested a mulie buck in reg 7 and a wt buck in reg 8 am I still allowed to harvest another buck in another region? I was always under the impression you were allowed 2 bucks and one doe in a season, but my buddy thinks that because one of the bucks was a wt that I'm still allowed to harvest another mule buck? I can't find much in the synopsis. Thanks

monasheemountainman
11-22-2013, 10:19 AM
you can take another buck of either species (season allowing of course) in a different region than the one you tagged your first in.

caddisguy
11-22-2013, 10:20 AM
So I have harvested a mulie buck in reg 7 and a wt buck in reg 8 am I still allowed to harvest another buck in another region? I was always under the impression you were allowed 2 bucks and one doe in a season, but my buddy thinks that because one of the bucks was a wt that I'm still allowed to harvest another mule buck? I can't find much in the synopsis. Thanks

Page 17 of the sysposis says provincial bag limit 3. Sex is not a factor in the combined provincial bag limit. That part is region specific.

coach
11-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Page 17 of the synopsis. There's a great big table and explanation. Pretty sure you could figure it out with a quick look..

Provincial bag limit is three deer. Each region has it's own regional bag limit. Species and sex are broken down by region as well.

Queen charlotte islands are an exception to the provincial limit.

kako99
11-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Thanks guys. I felt silly asking this question.

bighornbob
11-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Like others have said the limit is three. As long as you don't break any regional limits. For example you could kill three mulie bucks (Region 7, Region 3 and Region 8). Numerous combinations between buck and doe and mule and whitetail. But like I said as long as you don't exceed a regional limit.

So for you (living in Langley) the easiest would be any buck in region 2 or if you want to go for a drive a 4 point Mulie or any whitetail buck in Region 3.

kako99
11-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Thanks! I'm heading to reg 3 for a archery hunt for 4 point mule hunt.

C.Groves
11-22-2013, 02:45 PM
I wondered the same thing this season as I shot a mule in 8 and a whitey in 3. In the regs underneath "Deer Bag Limits Explained" is states that the provincial bag limit for deer is 3. For myself living in 8 the regional bag limit is 2, so I can still harvest another deer in 8. Another thing to add that I read in the regs is you can choose your 3 deer tags anyway you want. 3 Whitey tags or 3 mule tags, or a combination.

Good luck on your archery hunt!

1/2 slam
11-22-2013, 02:51 PM
I wondered the same thing this season as I shot a mule in 8 and a whitey in 3. In the regs underneath "Deer Bag Limits Explained" is states that the provincial bag limit for deer is 3. For myself living in 8 the regional bag limit is 2, so I can still harvest another deer in 8. Another thing to add that I read in the regs is you can choose your 3 deer tags anyway you want. 3 Whitey tags or 3 mule tags, or a combination.

Good luck on your archery hunt!

Deer: The aggregate bag limit for deer is
2. Both deer may be antlerless, but only one
antlerless deer of each species may be taken.
The bag limit for mule deer is 1. Antlerless
mule deer are available only through LEH.
The bag limit for white-tailed deer is 2, only
one of which may be a buck, and one of
which may be antlerless.

You can take a whitetail buck or doe in region 8. And you are correct about 3 mule deer or white-tails as long as you don't exceed the regional limits.

C.Groves
11-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Deer: The aggregate bag limit for deer is
2. Both deer may be antlerless, but only one
antlerless deer of each species may be taken.
The bag limit for mule deer is 1. Antlerless
mule deer are available only through LEH.
The bag limit for white-tailed deer is 2, only
one of which may be a buck, and one of
which may be antlerless.

You can take a whitetail buck or doe in region 8. And you are correct about 3 mule deer or white-tails as long as you don't exceed the regional limits.

Yeah I was going to add you can only get 2 mule deer if you get an LEH for a doe. Other then that its 1.

I screen captured a photo of the area I read the info I am talking about so everyone can read it and look at the chart.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q187/Cgroves91/IMG_5607.jpg