PDA

View Full Version : new to the site!

tribal
11-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Hello Hunting BC!
I am new to the site, and new to hunting. I have been once this year for my first time, and i am heading over to the island to do a 2nd hunt at the end of the month.

I live in the Fraser Valley, and would be excited to have a mentor that wouldn't mind taking a new guy out for local day hunts, as i work a monday - Friday it would be weekends only.

look forward to enjoying the site!

adriaticum
11-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Welcome HBC!

GotaGun
11-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Welcome to HBC
new guys must tell a joke!!

tribal
11-20-2013, 01:48 PM
heres one i heard the other day

Two hunters went moose hunting every winter without success. Finally, they came up with a fool-proof plan. They got a very authentic cow moose costume and learned the mating call of a cow moose. The plan was to hide in the costume, lure the bull, then come out of the costume and shoot the bull. They set themselves up on the edge of a clearing, donned their costume, and began to give the moose love call. Before long, their call was answered as a bull came crashing out of the forest and into the clearing. When the bull was close enough, the guy in front said, "Okay, lets get out and get him." After a moment that seemed like an eternity, the guy in the back shouted, "The zipper is stuck! What are we going to do!?" The guy in the front says, "Well, I dont know how about you but Im going to start nibbling grass."

Salty
11-20-2013, 02:29 PM
lol.. welcome to the site tribal always nice to see new hunters joining up. I hope someone offers to show you the ropes a bit locally.

deadlyshot19
11-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Welcome to the site, and welcome to the life style.