PDA

View Full Version : disposing parts

Phil A. Bowl
11-19-2013, 01:50 PM
If you live in the city were do you dispose of you animal parts . ie. I brought home a deer head from the butcher to remove the antlers, now what do I do with the head

Dannybuoy
11-19-2013, 01:52 PM
either take it back up the mountain ..... or double bag it and toss it in the trash .

tribal
11-19-2013, 02:01 PM
double bag, throw in your truck, and bring it back to the bush, chuck it out, and keep the bag with you.

Mikey Rafiki
11-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Bury it in your yard.

Quantafer
11-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Halloween decoration...

Mikey Rafiki
11-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Halloween decoration...

Like this?
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r685/MikeyRafiki/elklight_zps33f6635e.jpg

albravo2
11-19-2013, 02:48 PM
Awesome Christmas decoration!

Gateholio
11-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Chuck it in the garbage? What do you do with the rest of your food scraps?

Big Buck Killer
11-19-2013, 07:33 PM
We butcher our own deer. What we do is store all fat, sinew, bloodshot, etc crap in bags and throw them in the freezer until I have a chance to go into the bush and make a nice snack platter for the rest of the foragers out there. I make sure that I am far away from any home, so as not to attract unwanted guests into their back yards. I haul back the bags and toss the bags in the trash. I think this is better than throwing away raw meat in any quantity into the trash.

Fella
11-19-2013, 07:39 PM
You just found yourself an excuse to go hiking.

M.Dean
11-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Up here we have a Refuse Dump, all's there is, is a bunch of big metal bin's with a guy who punch's the card you bought for 10 bucks at the store. For some reason were not allowed to wrap up animal parts and throw them in with the house hold garbage? Now, our garbage go's to Cache Creek, you can tell ours because there's no Sea Gull's following our Trucks, unlike the Garbage Trucks from the LML that have a herd of birds trying to eat all the toxic poop in the bin's! So, what I'd suggest is to wrap all animal parts really really good, and not tell the Garbage guys it's animals parts! Or, do like I do, and take the scrap's well away from where people walk, or hike and ride, and then leave it for the Scavengers!

DGuest
11-19-2013, 07:52 PM
I just chucked one in the dumpster behind my building last week!

Ozone
11-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Wolf bait :)

aggiehunter
11-19-2013, 07:55 PM
try and take as much back to the bush as you can including bones....that's where they came from.

Hodaka
11-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Wolf bait :)
Stole my post!

Steeleco
11-19-2013, 10:58 PM
Crab food!!

Sofa King
11-19-2013, 11:03 PM
I was always under the assumption that it's illegal to dump animal carcasses into the trash.
return them to the bush.

Taylor69
11-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Don't bring the head home ..........

Ubertuber
11-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Into the deep freeze, then take it with you on a hike. Throwing it into the trash is kinda trashy.
Next time hack the antlers off before you come home.

Glenny
11-20-2013, 09:03 AM
I butcher on my tailgate in the underground and then huck the rest in the dumpster. Its garbage. Can use some for crab bait too. I hope Dually's assumtion's not right.

Sofa King
11-20-2013, 09:51 AM
I butcher on my tailgate in the underground and then huck the rest in the dumpster. Its garbage. Can use some for crab bait too. I hope Dually's assumtion's not right.

it's not household garbage.
you're not even supposed to put yard waste in with household garbage.
and I'm positive that carcasses are not allowed.
if that's the case, a slaughterhouse should be able to just send their shit to the dump, or a hospital as well.
body parts, no matter what they are from, should not be in a city dump.

hare_assassin
11-20-2013, 09:54 AM
it's not household garbage.
you're not even supposed to put yard waste in with household garbage.
and I'm positive that carcasses are not allowed.
if that's the case, a slaughterhouse should be able to just send their shit to the dump, or a hospital as well.
body parts, no matter what they are from, should not be in a city dump.

You are correct. At least, those are the rules here in Kamloops.

I am up in the bush so often I just take what I am not going to use and put it back where it came from.

Brizz
11-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Move out of the city ;)

Glenny
11-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Move out of the city ;)

I would love to.

Brizz
11-20-2013, 10:46 AM
I would love to.

I hear this! I moved out from Langley to Summerland in July - best decision I've ever made.

Sofa King
11-20-2013, 10:53 AM
I'm disgusted to read that so many seemingly hardcore hunters on here are then too damn lazy to dispose of their carcass properly and haul it back out to the bush.
how anyone can think it's just fine to go and toss it in a dumpster is beyond me.
and then we wonder why some hate on hunters.
imagine walking out to your dumpster to the gross site and foul stench of a carcass in there.
pretty sick.

Glenny
11-20-2013, 10:59 AM
I think you might have a bit of a hate on for some hunters. Yah imagine opening a dumpster and smelling a foul stench.

Sofa King
11-20-2013, 11:02 AM
I think you might have a bit of a hate on for some hunters. Yah imagine opening a dumpster and smelling a foul stench.

what do you mean?
that's lazy and illegal in most parts I know.
no hate, just unimpressed.
sounds like some of the city-hunters are just too lazy to then drive back out of the city to properly dispose of the remains.

Casagrande
11-20-2013, 11:05 AM
MEC parking lot. Mount on ticket dispenser.

olympia
11-20-2013, 11:44 AM
give it to your daughters boyfriend as a "gift" lol in all seriousness, just freeze it till your next trip to the bush and nature will take care of it, cougars, wolves,bears leave animal garbage around all the time and how often do hikers find that? doesn't take long for nature to reclaim it. Obviously don't leave it on a waking trail

Dannybuoy
11-20-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm disgusted to read that so many seemingly hardcore hunters on here are then too damn lazy to dispose of their carcass properly and haul it back out to the bush.
how anyone can think it's just fine to go and toss it in a dumpster is beyond me.
and then we wonder why some hate on hunters.
imagine walking out to your dumpster to the gross site and foul stench of a carcass in there.
pretty sick.

personally I take mine up the hill and leave it for the crows, coyotes etc . BUT I don't have a problem with it getting thrown in the dump...... its biodegradable
and I do throw my chicken , beef , and pork bones in the trash .... whats the difference ??

Sofa King
11-20-2013, 11:58 AM
personally I take mine up the hill and leave it for the crows, coyotes etc . BUT I don't have a problem with it getting thrown in the dump...... its biodegradable
and I do throw my chicken , beef , and pork bones in the trash .... whats the difference ??

just that it's illegal in many areas, that's all.
and a bloody hide, feet, and chopped off head aren't quite the same as some bones from last night's chicken wings.

Gateholio
11-20-2013, 03:44 PM
I feed scraps to the hounds, but if I lived in the city I would just put them in the trash along with everybody else's chicken beef and pork remains. Taking them back to the bush is not always the best idea. Who wants to burn gas just to feed predators for free?

phoenix
11-20-2013, 04:45 PM
If you live in the city were do you dispose of you animal parts . ie. I brought home a deer head from the butcher to remove the antlers, now what do I do with the head
Just freeze it till you can bring it up here for my predator bait stash, lol. You have to come up and see my new shooting shelter anyways:)
Kim

italhunter
11-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Does Coquitlam have a waste disposal program that includes a green bin for organics? If so, toss it in your green bin.