PDA

View Full Version : Whitie rut 4-20...4-21

sawmill
11-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Anybody notice any good action yet?Been pretty slow here,the town mulies are pretty stupid.Seemas late this year.

Wrayzer
11-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Just from my observations in the Okanagan, mulies are hot on the does, Whitetails are just getting going. Just last night I rattled a small mulie in who was tripping over a does heels, yet a few seperate WT doe bachlorette groups were buckless.
Typically I've found Whities are full tilt chasing does hard week of Nov 20.
Grunts, bleats, rattles and raking trees will all work right now.

I would assume Kootenays would be very similar in time frame.

Good luck!

Everett
11-17-2013, 06:45 PM
Joe we were out just cruising the roads today(sore Knee) and the little bucks are chasing hard north of town no sign of the big guys getting involved yet I am figuring end of this week things should be rocking. Went and had a look at old licenses today and all the big guys I have shot have been after the 20th.

Rhyno
11-17-2013, 06:56 PM
I shot a little 4 x 3 today hanging out with 1/2 dozen does, you can bet he was going to chased off by a big boy soon.....but with limited time left and a not quite full freezer I wasn't going to let him walk!

Everett
11-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Its funny how that Freezer full rate determines the size of the deer you shoot. This year my freezer is overflowing Caribou, Elk and Moose. So I will probably either eat my tag if I can't find the big one or pop a small guy on the last day and give the meat to a hunting partner who still needs meat.