PDA

View Full Version : Okanagan mushrooms

KtownBobby
11-17-2013, 12:04 AM
Mushroom season is over, but I am looking for someone to teach me some stuff about the mushrooms of the Okanagan. I can pay for your time, I've bought multiple books and frankly I just don't feel secure enough to just "dive right in". If anyone knows of a Okanagan mushroom expert, that wouldn't mind taking a day or 2 to show me the tricks. I would appreciate it

adriaticum
11-17-2013, 05:15 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?100682-Mushroom-book-PDF-free-download&highlight=mushrooms

Stone Sheep Steve
11-17-2013, 03:52 PM
My co-worker took a one day course with this lady and learned a pile. She's out of Vernon and they did a field trip near Mable lake. He said it was well worth the cost.
http://www.outdoordiscoveries.com/mushroomtours.htm

boxhitch
11-17-2013, 11:40 PM
Good info there SSS. Roseanne has been doing those tours for years , she knows her fungi
Maybe an HBC group tour ?

tadpole
11-18-2013, 07:53 AM
I pick mushrooms since childhood as my father was big in this passion. Different mushrooms in a different time depends on kind. They are spring and fall varieties. I pick about dozen different kinds that I know very well. The best method of learning is by example. In Okanagan I start to pick King Boletus (Porcini) in mid August in high elevation, then the rest follows. Last milk caps I collected weak ago in Fintry area in low elevation. Contact me beginning of August and I can take you with me for a show and tell.

benttip
11-18-2013, 08:10 AM
dont forget may june for morrels

Stone Sheep Steve
11-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Good info there SSS. Roseanne has been doing those tours for years , she knows her fungi
Maybe an HBC group tour ?

Yes she does. I believe she has her PhD in fungi?

SSS

300H&H
11-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Hey Bobby, If you contact Judie Steves who has a column in the Capital News, she knows the people you should talk to. In fact, they even offered "outings" for free.