PDA

View Full Version : my 2013 season

sum-hunter
11-16-2013, 05:12 PM
so after a slow start to the season with the elk with just a few cam photos and one bugle I moved on to my reigion 8 moose draw. I was out every day for the first week and a half with no bull sightings. I did run into a few cows tho. But the bulls weren't behind them. I then had to go to the coast for a few days of work the I was back at er. then on the 12th of October I had my chance at a bull. I had my hoyt in hand and we had him coming in! He then held up for 30 to 45 minutes without a sound so we figured he must have winded us. And now thinking that he was gone we decided it was time to move on. and upon our walk back to the truck it turns out then bull was only 120 yards away. And now only having my bow in hand and him seeing us it was game over. I opted to take my muck boots off and tip toe down the road hoping that he held up just over the ridge but upon cresting the ridge he was no where to be sighted. It was now nearing the end of the month and I have yet to cut my tag and then the last few days of my draw I was off to the coast again for work. I was fortunate that the wood we were working on was terrible so I was able to get the 31 off and I was able to hunt alllllll day! I got up early made my lunch and off I went. With the morning being a total bust without a sighting of anything I decided I would go home set up re-loading bench and have some lunch. It was now about 230 and with only a few hours of light I loaded the quad picked up my buddy and off we went. I followed the power lines for a ways and found some blocks to check out but nothing. finally I was getting near were I had found a couple moose sheds in the past and was hoping that I would see a bull...any bull. I drove into this one block that has quad trails going through the middle of as I neared the block I debated wether to walk it or quad it. And I think I might have made the right decision!

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b638/sum-hunter/Mobile%20Uploads/2013-10-31185936_zps85152947.jpg

and then this morning I broke in my new ruger American with this sucker!!

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b638/sum-hunter/Mobile%20Uploads/2013-11-16095551_zps840889ab.jpg

f350ps
11-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Wow, both nice animals, that's some great eats right there! Congrats!!! K

sum-hunter
11-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Thanks f350ps! And yes very good eats for sure. freezer is over flowing!

coach
11-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Well done! Nothing like a last minute bull. Great looking wt too. You'll be eating well this winter. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Blainer
11-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Good share!

d6dan
11-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Great to see your success. :-D Congrats on getting it done.

sum-hunter
11-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Thanks fellas! Now i get to be picky in the archery mulie season!