PDA

View Full Version : haida gwaii bucks in June

smeegle
11-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Hi there,

I started up a recent thread about going over to the charlottes mid november for some hunting but I currently work as a teacher on call and I would rather focus on my career then hunting. The season opens for bucks over there in June and I was just curious to know if I went over there then would my chances of success be reasonable or will they be all out hiding?

cheers,

smeegle

Stéphane
11-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Hi there,

I started up a recent thread about going over to the charlottes mid november for some hunting but I currently work as a teacher on call and I would rather focus on my career then hunting. The season opens for bucks over there in June and I was just curious to know if I went over there then would my chances of success be reasonable or will they be all out hiding?

cheers,

smeegle

I'm on the same boat. Teacher so limited time during the fall and winter. I'm planning to go there in the summer too. Not sure if it will be this year, but it would be nice to share the cost. I inquired about that a while ago and someone offered his basement for a reasonable price and it included the use of the freezer.

CHEAM
11-16-2013, 04:08 PM
I've done several trips over there at different times of the year. It seemed that the earlier in the year trips the dear were out in the slashes more. Even mid day as they would bed down out in the open if you found a slash that had little traffic in it. I spent most of my time in the Rennel sound area.
Cheam
pm me if you want more

Greg
11-16-2013, 04:18 PM
I went out with a buddy this July and we both got bucks on a day hunt. I think it really depends on which spots you hit. We were just walking logging roads which can be hit and miss. The ocean fishing can be really good in June if the hunting is bad load up on some fish. Went out today for a morning hunt and got skunked. If I would have been quicker, I might have been able to get a small buck, so even in November it can be slowish.