PDA

View Full Version : Lower mainland Farm Land Duck Hunting

levind
11-15-2013, 10:04 AM
So just putting this out there with no expectations but thought i would give it a try. Been waterfowl hunting for a few years and have my public hunting spots but my 6 year old is wanting to go with me and the marshes i hunt are not ideal for a 6 year old.

If there is someone out there that wouldn't mind taking a guy and his son out for a shoot one time thing is fine. Just want to give my son a fun morning or evening.

A pm would be great and if no one is interested no worries as i have heard the bad stories on here. Just thought i would try as i have also read some of the good guy threads on here.

P.S. i can throw in a bottle of home made wine as an incentive lol

Have a great season all.
Kevin

Kudu
11-15-2013, 11:11 AM
You have the best incentive in the world for a farmer to give you permission (6 year old) - go and knock on some doors buddy.

If you have a good look at the Fraser valley special areas hunting map - combine that with Google Earth, you will be able to nail down a number of potential areas - then all you need to do is scout.

I try and stay away from the obvious places - (that is where everyone else is)

The Sumas flats are littered with potential areas - as is the Hatzic / Dewdney area. All you need to do is venture out and look.

levind
11-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi Kudu,

I'm going to also do that just limited in time as wife kid work and everything else takes up time like i'm sure everyone knows and is or has experienced. I've hunted on farms in Richmond but that was pre family days where my duck hunting was more important. So have to reintroduce myself to some of the farmers again and see if they still have room for others. Thanks for the input Kudu hope your season is going well.